[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Oh!

ChickenChunks is the first mod that comes to mind, because CC Spot Loaders can load single chunks. However, CC Loaders are cheaper than RC Anchors, and don't have a running cost soooo...

Back in 1.6 there was a mod called Network Anchor. NA was an IC2 Add-On that added a chunkloading block that consumed EU and would either load a fixed area of chunks, or would load exactly the chunks required to keep a connected IC2 E-Net loaded. Experimental, but very cool. Sadly, no activity has been seen in its thread in about 4 months.

RailCraft World Anchors actually have a special extra block called the Anchor Sentinel. Its mechanics are: Place either a Personal or World Anchor, then walk up to 24 Chunks away in a straight line, drop an Anchor Sentinel, whack it with a Crowbar, then walk back to your World Anchor and whack it with the Crowbar. This will link the Anchor with the Sentinel, and cause the Anchor to only load the up-to-25 chunks in a straight line between it and the Sentinel. In this mode, it does not load the standard 3x3 area.
    That would be your solution.
    Rails or the like recommended for covering 25-chunk straight lines.
    [Note: Information taken from the RailCraft Wiki, and not personally tested.]

Interesting. I'll give this a try. I never knew about this and didn't come across it in the wiki. When you say straight line, tho, do you mean in terms of chunks, or exact X/Z axis identicals?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Oh!

Interesting. I'll give this a try. I never knew about this and didn't come across it in the wiki. When you say straight line, tho, do you mean in terms of chunks, or exact X/Z axis identicals?

Exact X/Z axis, you need to set them along the same line of chunks.

• I added 3 additional LV Energy hatches but I have ran into a couple of issues.

Each energy hatche consume two amperage, and a transformer can only output 4, so you need 8 amp to fully suply energy to all 4 hatches, what i did was puting 2 hatches close and an energy buffer of 4 slots to feed those two, made the same on the outer side to avoid connection, then all you need is enough power on bateries to suply it (8 lithium 32v batery, 4 each buffer, because each batery is 1 amp output).

appears that it eats the aluminum dust as if I hit the machine again it starts working again and pulls in another dust. I am assuming that this is a bug and not intended to eat dust.

It is intended, multiblicks dont have an inside inventory, and Greg wants you to plan before doing your stuff or you lose.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Each energy hatche consume two amperage, and a transformer can only output 4, so you need 8 amp to fully suply energy to all 4 hatches, what i did was puting 2 hatches close and an energy buffer of 4 slots to feed those two, made the same on the outer side to avoid connection, then all you need is enough power on bateries to suply it (8 lithium 32v batery, 4 each buffer, because each batery is 1 amp output).

It is intended, multiblicks dont have an inside inventory, and Greg wants you to plan before doing your stuff or you lose.

If thats the case why dose it eat the material if you log off and then the machine disables itself which is very annoying for any sort of crafting system because then you have to go hit it with a hammer.

• I've made a mod which includes an Aluminium ingot.
    Whenever I drop the Ingot on the ground, when gregtech is installed, it changes to the gregtech ingot.
    I disabled Unification in gregtech.
    Is this intentional or is there a way to turn it off?

EDIT: Fixed it

• When placed/spawned in world (tested overworld only) it looks exactly like stone. Looks normal in inventory. I only found it because it spawns together with Glauconite, Bentonite and Magnesite.

• When placed/spawned in world (tested overworld only) it looks exactly like stone. Looks normal in inventory. I only found it because it spawns together with Glauconite, Bentonite and Magnesite.

Looks like the "Hidden Ore" Feature of GT ... if it still exists though ^^ (Haven't been playing MC for 1 year, sry ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I had to put my turbines 1 wire away from the energy hatches to get enough power to the Electric Blast Furnace and revamp my whole steam delivery system to get it to work. I guess I miscalculated the amount of EU I had left. Thanks

• Each energy hatche consume two amperage, and a transformer can only output 4, so you need 8 amp to fully suply energy to all 4 hatches, what i did was puting 2 hatches close and an energy buffer of 4 slots to feed those two, made the same on the outer side to avoid connection, then all you need is enough power on bateries to suply it (8 lithium 32v batery, 4 each buffer, because each batery is 1 amp output).

Thanks for the info and for your videos they do help. The eating of material really does not seem realistic. In reality if power fails in a Blact Furnace you would end up with a chunk of mess that you would need to ejected out before using the furnace again. I can see the machine giving a "Something is stuck message and needing the rubber (soft) hammer to remove the blockage and for the machine and eject out the original dust. There is something odd about stuff mysteriously disappears. So it is intended for the multiblocks to eat the dusts if something goes wrong. I can only hope that Greg might reconsider.

• Speaking of stuff disappearing, has anyone use the Basic Disassembler?

I used the Basic Disassembler to deconstruct my old bronze Forge Hammer. I got 1 small fluid pipe back which can be smelted back to 1 bronze ingot. This does not seem at all close to 20% efficiency in the tool tip. The Forge Hammer needed 6 Bronze Fluid Pipes (6 Bronze Ingots), 1 piston (4 cobblestone, 3 wood planks, 1 iron ingot, 1 redstone), 1 Bronze Hull (8 Bronze plates), and 1 Iron Block (9 Iron ingots). I got 1 bronze ingot ingot back for the equivalent 14 Bronze and 10 iron ingots that was in the machine. That is about 4% return in ingot materials put in. Even less if you count the stone, wood and resstone. Well it appears that the Basic Disassembler returns items that was used in the final part of the recipe which would be 1/9 or 11% which is still way below the 20% in the machine. One question i have, is it random or is it determined what item you get back in the Disassembles? I can understand limiting the useful items that you get back with the tiers but we should get at least some scrap back that can be macerated and/or smelted to get some ingots back. Even getting some sand or saw dust for the stone and wood used in the machine makes some since but just getting back the cheapest item with no scrap makes the Disassembles totally useless and not worth to use until the final 2 tiers. We got more back in the old use a pick and get the machine hull back.

Have anyone else have similar results with the Basic Disassembler?

• Have anyone else have similar results with the Basic Disassembler?

Every of the up to 9 used Items has a 20% chance each, you can have bad luck with that.

The eating of material really does not seem realistic. In reality if power fails in a Blact Furnace you would end up with a chunk of mess that you would need to ejected out before using the furnace again. I can see the machine giving a "Something is stuck message and needing the rubber (soft) hammer to remove the blockage and for the machine and eject out the original dust. There is something odd about stuff mysteriously disappears. So it is intended for the multiblocks to eat the dusts if something goes wrong. I can only hope that Greg might reconsider.

It is intended to eat your Stuff, because Multiblocks give a worse punishment than regular Machines.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Every of the up to 9 used Items has a 20% chance each, you can have bad luck with that.

It is intended to eat your Stuff, because Multiblocks give a worse punishment than regular Machines.

then let it output a Waste Item, that is used for Nothing...just for realisms Sake :D

• Hello, i'm a little lost with the new config files of the 1.7.2 version
    I dont want to use small or tiny ore generation in my world
    I want to just have "normal" ores. what parameters I have to change ?
    Thank you

As I understand, gems do not has a texture in situ, but spawns in specific ore veins - if you're looking for diamonds, you need to find a carbon vein; green sapphire, redstone. Also, Bentonite veins has emeralds too, not only olivine (this examples was things I've found already, still looking for more).