[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey greg, do you think you could make it so that if i add a metatool to a crafting recipe via minetweaker, itll allow all metatools and will use durability?

• Holy [expletive] it's a potato

... also holy [expletive] that score. I don't even watch that game and I know how big of a stomp that was.

• Hey greg, do you think you could make it so that if i add a metatool to a crafting recipe via minetweaker, itll allow all metatools and will use durability?

Well, can you add NBT to that Tool using Minetweaker? If so then you can add said Recipe. NBT is what makes Durability, Material and all those other Stats inside the Tool. Just look at NBTs of selfcrafted Tools.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I think if you screwdriver it to output inverted signal based on inventory fullness, it might immediately drop one RS strength unit when there is a single item in it. Comparator to make that output either on or off.

I would welcome adjustable thresholds of min/max signal. Screwdrivering through all the combos would be rough, though. Perhaps it could be done by rightclicking programmed ICs on the cover.

As of now Item Detector cover only have one mode, and it seems to follow how a Comparator from vanilla would work, which is fairly useless for all of my applications. Having at least few more modes wouldn't hurt.

Also while we are on topic of screwdriver.
    It would be great, if right clicking a with screw driver, rather then going through all options one by one, it would open a GUI with all options listed. If some options take numerical input, then it would have a numerical field next to it.
    This would simplify building complex machinery and well put less wear on screw driver, because you forced to go through entire list to reach something you need at the end every time. Current implementation are just tedious.

GregoriusT
    Will you adopt my solution for unused liquids?
    And any comments on changing Item Detector cover to my suggestion.

Would be great to hear any comments.

• Would anyone here be willing to modify natura 1.7 so that all the logs and planks are oredict? I can do it via minetweaker but it doesnt register until after gregtech so the planks still make 4.

• It is NOT Slot 0. Why didn't you try other Slots such as Slot 1 or Slot 2?

Greg I tried slots 0, 1, 2, and 3 without any luck. The tetrahedrite dusts just collect in the buffer and they are not being sent to the centrifuge when the amount in the buffer equal or exceed the set amount. I went back to my 1.6.4 world where I had some regulators hooked up to centrifuges and electrolyzers and they were all set to slot 0 and worked just fine. I am not an expert with GT so I try setups that have worked in the past. I adapt to new mechanics once I find out that they have changed. Several mechanics have changed in GT5 and that is fine and exciting. I have only reported issues when thing do not work as it has in the past or as logic would seem.

Has anyone else have the Basic Regulators working with a centrifuge or electrolyzer working so I can see what I am doing wrong?

• Would anyone here be willing to modify natura 1.7 so that all the logs and planks are oredict? I can do it via minetweaker but it doesnt register until after gregtech so the planks still make 4.

MrPeach, Natura's developers have asked that Natura not work with GT and Greg has added code so it and other mods under the save developers will not be changed like other wood from other mods. As long as the current development team feels that way it will not. The mods will load but not be cross-compatible.

• Greg, I really really dislike that the metaTileEntities have different distinct and incompatible constructors, causes me to have to make two classes per block... >.<

• Brazilians made it 20:0 in destroyed buses on teir streets after a matcch 8)

Sounds like "fun". I really dont like this aspect of my country, thankfully i dont need the public transport for anything.

Greg I tried slots 0, 1, 2, and 3 without any luck. The tetrahedrite dusts just collect in the buffer and they are not being sent to the centrifuge when the amount in the buffer equal or exceed the set amount. I went back to my 1.6.4 world where I had some regulators hooked up to centrifuges and electrolyzers and they were all set to slot 0 and worked just fine. I am not an expert with GT so I try setups that have worked in the past. I adapt to new mechanics once I find out that they have changed. Several mechanics have changed in GT5 and that is fine and exciting. I have only reported issues when thing do not work as it has in the past or as logic would seem.

Has anyone else have the Basic Regulators working with a centrifuge or electrolyzer working so I can see what I am doing wrong?

You gave up too early.

• Greg, I really really dislike that the metaTileEntities have different distinct and incompatible constructors, causes me to have to make two classes per block... >.<

What? Two Classes per Block? I have just one Class per Block. One Constructor is for registering the MetaTileEntity with ID and the other Constructor is used inside the newMetaTileEntity() Method to return the actually used MetaTileEntity.

Two Classes might even cause Problems, but I am unsure which Problems.

And yes, the whole MetaTileEntity System became a clusterfuck. I should have rewritten it to be much more dynamic.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• By the way greg, have you considered temporary enabling the construction of non-combustion IC² gens like solar, wind, water and nuclear? [With force-enable of steam production from nuclear reactor]

• What? Two Classes per Block? I have just one Class per Block. One Constructor is for registering the MetaTileEntity with ID and the other Constructor is used inside the newMetaTileEntity() Method to return the actually used MetaTileEntity.

Two Classes might even cause Problems, but I am unsure which Problems.

And yes, the whole MetaTileEntity System became a clusterfuck. I should have rewritten it to be much more dynamic.

Heh, it is because of how Scala works, it tried to enforce a single 'state' constructor (though you can define others as long as they always end up calling to the global state constructor), and the two constructors that metatileentities have for initial creation and for copying are causing two class files to be created for each one so there is a singular state set.

And I have never had issues with your system with it, been using it for many MC versions, just a bit of an extra hassle as I have to write a couple extra lines of code (still shorter than the equivalent java overall though). :-P

• By the way greg, have you considered temporary enabling the construction of non-combustion IC² gens like solar, wind, water and nuclear? [With force-enable of steam production from nuclear reactor]

You can always change generators eu generation to 0 in configs. It'll still burn things but will not make a single eu. And re enable generators in GT.

• Heh, it is because of how Scala works, it tried to enforce a single 'state' constructor (though you can define others as long as they always end up calling to the global state constructor), and the two constructors that metatileentities have for initial creation and for copying are causing two class files to be created for each one so there is a singular state set.

And I have never had issues with your system with it, been using it for many MC versions, just a bit of an extra hassle as I have to write a couple extra lines of code (still shorter than the equivalent java overall though). :-P

Tehe, Scala people having chaos in their Code. XD

If I ever rewrite the MetaTileEntities I will do a Class which just has Lists of different Functionalities, so that one can add Functions to every single MetaTileBlock (even if it doesnt belong to them). Every Functionality would then have to be bundeled into a Bundle (very creative namegiving), which then gets an ID assigned (and also Name and DefaultLocalization) and registered. Everytime a new MetaTileEntity would then get created (ID -> Bundle Mapping), the Bundle would clone all its Code References over to the new MetaTileEntity, every Listed Functionality being able to decide on giving either a Clone of itself (if local membervariables are needed) or just returning a "this" pointer if it is a moreless static Behaviour.

But since this would literally throw all my Code overboard it might only happen whenever the next gamebreaking MC Update comes along.

You can always change generators eu generation to 0 in configs. It'll still burn things but will not make a single eu. And re enable generators in GT.

That... is something i really didnt think of, time to poke invultri about it.

Note: Invultri would disagree on Wind Gens anyways :P

Also IC² automatically disables the Recipes of the Generators if their Output is 0. At least they did in 1.6.

GregTech Website