[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

Greg refuses to talk to anyone or compremise, this is where the issue lies. He does not like to communicate with other modders so the only way they can get their voices heard is by getting the community to complain about the incompatibility.

I wonder why this is inside the same Post as ...

There is a reason the FTB team now has a standalone pack for GregTech and the list of mods is approved by greg.

... this. Why? Because the GT-FTB Pack came together through talking with me :P

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hi, I'm interested in playing Gregtech because I think I like the added difficulty that it provides over other mods. I've read the wiki's and understand it needs IC2 (obviously) and NEI (for recipes). Are there other mods that are highly recommended and keeps the balance in difficulty? What about the addons for IC2 like nuclear control is it compatible with GT? And what about Buildcraft?

• Hi, I'm interested in playing Gregtech because I think I like the added difficulty that it provides over other mods. I've read the wiki's and understand it needs IC2 (obviously) and NEI (for recipes). Are there other mods that are highly recommended and keeps the balance in difficulty? What about the addons for IC2 like nuclear control is it compatible with GT? And what about Buildcraft?

Nuclear Control is not available for 1.7.2/1.7.10 versions, but for a 1.6.4 instance, you might want to take it if you feel like making nuclear reactors.
    The only absolute two recommandations I would make are Railcraft and Forestry.

After that, Applied Energistics is the way to go for automation, except if you don't like automation that requires a lot of energy for anything, you can either use GT automation, Railcraft (yes, you can :p), Buildcraft or the Tubes! mod. Though, concerning Tubes!, you might want to use Minetweaker with it so that you can only make plastic with GT (rubber centrifuging) and maybe make redstone chips a bit harder to make.
    I like to have something like Project Red or Immibis Microblocks + RedLogic with it too, and OpenComputers, but that's personnal preference.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Thanks for all the great reply's. I've checked the mods and server page that you linked and think this is what I need:

Gregtech 1.7
    Industrial Craft 2 Build #484
    Forestry Build #28
    Railcraft 9.1.0.0
    Aplied energistics rv0.stable build 9
    NotEnoughItems 1.0.2.14

CodeChickenCore 1.0.2.10
    Minecraft Forge 1.7.10

Is this correct? Do I have to edit some config files myself or just install the mods? Does this keep the balance added by Gregtech intact? I'm using Minecraft 1.7.2 singleplayer.

• You should be fine, config wise and balance wise.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• The funniest part about that is that Greg messaged Skyboy on MCForum and Skyboy is the one refusing to communicate. *facedesk*

I did what? Why should I use the MCForum for that? The only time I actively PMed someone on the MCF was Eloraam and that was a YEAR ago.

-----

But now to FAR more important things. I got this working on the FIRST try.

I am a bit suspicious about not finding any Bugs in my brand new Code.

And the Thaumcraft API is really easy to use once you looked into the Thaumcraft Lang Files.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Looks like skyboy deleted the comments and restricted the conversation. Ah well, he won't listen anyway.

@Greg does this mean we're getting a tab full of GT thaumcraft? :D. And not like railcraft, which adds ONE recipe...

• Quick question, I've installed GT with some other mods like Railcraft and Forestry. There seems to be something wrong with iron generation in the world. I've mined a gazillion blocks in creative but no iron, there is however a huge amount of copper because almost all the mods adds copper to the world. Any idea how to fix this?