[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I have a few questions concerning amperes :

First, when I have a 4slots buffer, with only 2 batteries, will I have 4 amperes or 2 in my E-net ? I tested it, but got strange results :
    - With 2 batteries and cable 2A, it didn't melt : so it should be 2A (it melted with 1A cables)
    - With 3 batteries and cable 2A, it didn't melt either, which is strange.. How many amperes are there ?
    (Tests made with a single plate bending machine)

Second questions, if I have a 2A network and use 4A cables, will I have 4 losses per meter or 2 ? (With tin insulated cables)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kvykv ().

• I have a few questions concerning amperes :

First, when I have a 4slots buffer, with only 2 batteries, will I have 4 amperes or 2 in my E-net ? I tested it, but got strange results :
    - With 2 batteries and cable 2A, it didn't melt : so it should be 2A (it melted with 1A cables)
    - With 3 batteries and cable 2A, it didn't melt either, which is strange.. How many amperes are there ?
    (Tests made with a single plate bending machine)

Second questions, if I have a 2A network and use 4A cables, will I have 4 losses per meter or 2 ? (With tin insulated cables)

The buffer with 2 batteries will be capable of outputting 2 amperes. The one with 3 batteries will be capable of outputting 3 amperes. However, the bending machine will only request up to 2 amps at once, meaning that in your test, only 2 amps were being sent through the cable at once. Had you added another machine to the system, the buffer would have sent 3 amps through the cable, melting it.

The cable loss is per amp being sent through the cable. So a 16x tin cable that is carrying only 2 amps would have the exact same loss as a 2x tin cable carrying those 2 amps.

• Ok, so this result was because I only had one machine. All the machines can request from one to two amperes ? Or are there exceptions ?

Then it's more interesting to skip the 2A cable stage and go directly with the 4A ones ok. Thanks !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kvykv ().

• Hey Greg, minor resource dupe exploit:
    Ice can be Compressed to form Packed Ice
    Packed Ice can be Macerated into 2 Crushed Ice
    Crushed Ice can be Compressed to form Ice

Ice + 2400EU = 2x Ice

• I'm actually trying it now and I'm discovering that the relevant NEI plugin is bugged and failing to show stack sizes. It turns out that Packed Ice actually requires the compression of 2 Ice Blocks to make, so there isn't actually a resource dupe.

I still blame Greg.

GRAG

• Allowing packaged crates to be placed in the world could make for some pretty cool warehouse designs.
    They could be opened in world with a crowbar, dropping their contents, or picked up by hand.
    Would add more purpose to the crates besides just storing more in one item slot.

• Guys: Greg isn't going to update to 1.7.10 while thaumcraft is in 1.7.2.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Allowing packaged crates to be placed in the world could make for some pretty cool warehouse designs.
    They could be opened in world with a crowbar, dropping their contents, or picked up by hand.
    Would add more purpose to the crates besides just storing more in one item slot.

2nd on this. Great idea i think.