[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• SpwnX I remember that you said how to grow high stat crops once a few time ago, and I tried that method, but it looks like it didn't work...

First I tried to crossbreed vanilla wheat, potatoes, carrots and nether wart in swamp, 128+, 3 dirt blocks beneath farmland and sunlight, but I got pretty low stats stuff, kind like 0/2/1 and something like that...

Should I crossbreed more or are you trolling all of us so that we build gigantic floating islands? D:

• All vanilly crops has 1/1/1. I recommended stickreed because of its insane growth rate (thus rapid crossbreeding).

I'm pretty sure nether warts already have nice stats when planting them on reed, cuz once one harvests them, they have some pretty good stats

• SpwnX I remember that you said how to grow high stat crops once a few time ago, and I tried that method, but it looks like it didn't work...

First I tried to crossbreed vanilla wheat, potatoes, carrots and nether wart in swamp, 128+, 3 dirt blocks beneath farmland and sunlight, but I got pretty low stats stuff, kind like 0/2/1 and something like that...

Should I crossbreed more or are you trolling all of us so that we build gigantic floating islands? D:

Once the crossbreed crop has been decided the stats of all the parent plants are average out then it is increase or decrease by a random amount base on the number of parent crops.
    2 parents can give -2 to +3 stat.
    3 parents can give -3 to +4 stat.

4 parents can give -4 to +5 stat.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.co….14316/page-2#post-166085

• All vanilly crops has 1/1/1. I recommended stickreed because of its insane growth rate (thus rapid crossbreeding).

I always start with reed and then crossbreed stickreed. Sticky resin is handy for torches.

It takes a bit of time to get electricity for the cropnalyzer though...

• Mostly random. The parents may affect the likeliness of a certain species result, but its often random anyways.
    For stat breeding you DO need a cropnalyzer/portable scanner (GT one is preferred) to pick up the crops which received the +n on a crossbreed and repeat that until you get the desirable stat.

• Challenge for Greg : adding dynamic tps lag compensation to machines, that reduces processing duration depending on how low tps is.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• V5.03h:
    Added Concrete and several Recipes for its usage. Also you can walk faster on it, and (unlike the Chisel Version...) you don't glitch forward or sidewards when walking on it.
    Added usage for Chlorine in the Chemical Bath to get rid of the Dye on things like Wool, Clay or Glass (Glass is stained meaning it isnt actually colored Glass, it is just painted Glass so it makes sense).
    Fixed a Bug in the Forge OreDictionary (but only fixed for GT, since I needed to hack into the OreDict), where it doesn't allow Items to be registered when they are the same Item with the same OreDict Name, but with a different MetaData/DamageValue. That had caused trouble with my Granite and Concrete Blocks, since only the first registration actually worked due to that, what made them un-maceratable. (and I mentioned it to a Forge Dev so it is reported)
    Fixed a bunch of other Bugs.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• We aren't gonna have back the 1.6 rock cutter, meaning a tool that consumes EUs but is crafted with silk touch, right?

I usually play with PFAA but today I decided to try the standard GT worldgen, and I noticed that coal blocks don't break into coal gems. Pretty cool. But for people like me, users of both GT and PFAA, the coal generated is the vanilla one that yields the gem, not the block.

Is it there any way to replace (and I mean totally replace, not generate both ones) vanilla ores with GT ones to have better balance with PFAA worldgen? Thank you.

• We aren't gonna have back the 1.6 rock cutter, meaning a tool that consumes EUs but is crafted with silk touch, right?

I usually play with PFAA but today I decided to try the standard GT worldgen, and I noticed that coal blocks don't break into coal gems. Pretty cool. But for people like me, users of both GT and PFAA, the coal generated is the vanilla one that yields the gem, not the block.

Is it there any way to replace (and I mean totally replace, not generate both ones) vanilla ores with GT ones to have better balance with PFAA worldgen? Thank you.

For an electric Silk Touch, you could just make a drill from Nether Star/Force/Enderium

Now you see me, now you don't...

Craft a LV/MV/HV Drill, and use a Drill tool head made of a material that comes with Silk Touch. The only Vanilla material to do that is Nether Star.
    So craft a LV/MV/HV Nether Star Drill, and you have a tool that consumes EU and comes crafted with Silk Touch.

PFAA/COG contains settings for disabling the generation of Vanilla ores; do those block out corresponding GT Ore Generation as well?

• Bluepower was released a few hours before and Fallenbeast is back. I used all my week's hype on those.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.