[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Steam Furnace Math (from last night) attempt #2

The E-Furnace uses 390 EU per smelting operation (assuming Greg uses standard IC2 machine math)
    The Steam Furnace (Bronze, not High-Pressure/Steel) consumes 1024L Steam per smelting operation.
    At 100% efficiency, 1 EU = 2.0L Steam
    So the Steam Furnace consumes 512 EU worth of Steam per operation (~1.31x the E-Furnace).

Now we take into account Steam Turbine inefficiency.
    The LV Steam Turbine is 66% Efficient. At 66% Efficiency, 1 EU = 3.03L Steam.
    A LV Steam Turbine consumes 104L Steam/tick to produce 32EU/t (34EU/t, -2EU output inefficiency, 66% efficient

With 0 cable loss (which will only compound the losses), it takes 12.1875 ticks for a Steam Turbine to generate 390EU. In order to output this, it must consume 415 EU.
    415 EU x 3.03L Steam/EU = 1258L Steam

So the Steam Furnace is actually more energy efficient than the E-Furnace, if you are using Steam Turbines to generate your electricity.
    The difference is that the E-Furnace works 97% faster than the Steam Furnace (130 ticks/process as opposed to 256 ticks/process).
    [This is assuming that the GT E-Furnace uses the same energy and time math as the vanilla IC2 E-Furnace, I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS]

It should be noted, however, that the E-Furnace is (before cable loss) 22% more fuel-efficient than the High Pressure Steam Furnace (which consumes 1536 Steam/process).

• No, the first start time is significantly longer than the subsequent start times, but because of the way mods are loaded all GT starts will take significantly longer than all non-GT starts.

Hmm, I see. I deleted the configs and started it up again, it does indeed take even longer. It seems like it keeps deleting the file, writing all the data, adding 1 new line, then deleting it again and repeating that same process. That's probably part of why this takes such an immensely long amount of time.

I took a look at it in process monitor and that does seem to be the case:

I wonder if that's something greg can change so it appends the data instead of constantly starting over again from the beginning, or if that's a forge thing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Telanor ().

• Bronys are people
    Strange people but the same
    Me not one though

^This is a haiku, right?

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• gg

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Nope, your syllable counts are wrong. A haiku is 5-7-5.

Ok, version 2.0:
    Bronys are people
    Bizarre people but the same
    Me is not one though

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• That's a haiku, but makes absolutely no sense at all.

Bronys are people. (OK) Bizarre people but the same. (Same as what?) Me is not one though (Grammar mess)

Did you engage brain? :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Btw, Greg, have you considered adding Alnico as a material for mid-tire magnets?

Alnico is an Aluminium-Nickel-Copper alloy, and was used to make the first good permanent magnets.

• Main magnet types
    Alnico -- two types, cast and pressed from powder. Cast types do not hold their charge as well and aren't as strong. Use in many automotive applications, too expense for speakers replace with ceramic type.
    Ceramic -- these magnets are generally made from wet pressing slurries, running through a kiln grinding then magnetizing. Not very strong but cheap materials. General use in in speakers, larger ones.
    Rare earth types: Hicroex and Neodimium. Both are made in similar processes, create powder, dry press, heat treat and then they diverge. Hx magnets do not need a coating as they don't oxide (rust) and can just be used. Thought not as powerful as their HxND brothers. Nd magnets oxide VERY fast and rust out quickly. These must be in a sealed coating or they will literally fall apart. In the plant where I worked (production engineer there for about 10 years) the factory workers had to be careful opening the Nd powder as it could instantly oxidize and go from room temp to 800 F. We had sand buckets in the press room to handle these situations, it happened.

So those are different types, Hx / HxND are the rare earth families, MUCH more expensive but soooooo much more powerful than the other types. Heck with the Alnico magnets you can magnetize them (to a low level) just by hitting them, you can also "knock" the magnetization out of them. Not so with the other type.

Hopefully Greg can use some of that in his design.

Learned all this as my days as an engineer for Hitachi Magnetics Corp in the 1990's.

• That's a haiku, but makes absolutely no sense at all.

Bronys are people. (OK) Bizarre people but the same. (Same as what?) Me is not one though (Grammar mess)

Did you engage brain? :D

Haikus never make sense. It just wouldn't be a Haiku.

Haikus are poems right
    Sometime make zero sense
    but they are still poems

(Sponsored by Syllable/Word Counter )

• What dialect of english do you speak where poems is one syllable?
    According to Merriam Webster
    \ˈpō-əm, -im, ˈpōm also ˈpȯ(-)im, ˈpō-ˌem\

Well, I need to get a new sponsor.

V 2.0:
    Haikus are poems
    Sometime make zero sense
    But they still poems

• Seriously guys,
    What is up with the haikus?
    This isn't Japan.

That is so racist
    What the heck is wrong with you?
    Haiku is quite fine.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG GUH
    Haikus MUST be about nature, about one moment in time, and preferably a metaphor for something in general life. eg.
    Foamy tides erase
    My legacy of footprints.
    Was I ever here?

5-7-5 IS ONLY THE FORMATTING