[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Is that a Plugin that does Teams and such? Because for that I don't even need Forge, since it is a recent vanilla Feature.

And even if it wouldnt be vanilla, it is easyly doable with Forge.

Factions is an interesting concept, it works based on chunks. There are teams, teams get an amount of chunks that they can claim, that amount increases with the more people in the team and how long alive they have been. If their allowed chunks drops below their chunk count (like due to players dying or rank going down or so) then some of their chunks can be claimed (only if not surrounded by other claimed chunks). A claimed chunk cannot have blocks broken or placed by opposing teams but (I think) can still interact with things like chests so you have to set up defenses using pressure plates, tnt, lava, etc... Those tend to have teams build TNT cannons to launch tnt to a claimed area to blast holes into walls so they can invade and raid their chests and more. Interesting concept, though I like forcefields better, less magical than magical claimed unbreakable/unplaceable chunks. Used to play it way back in the day pre-Forge. That and Towny were big ones on servers depending on anarchy or not and so form.

And yes, everything done in a bukkit plugin can be done in Forge in one way or another.

• bukkit also has a lot of forward compatibility as well in most cases. I have plugins on my 1.7.10 server that were made for 1.5.2 or before that still work perfectly fine. I do not know of a single forge mod that can boast the same. Seems to me a system that enables plugins to add functions and features instead of force a complete mod re-write every minecraft version or two is doing something right.

• I don't know why those people at Bukkit (or whatever the fuck they name it) think that they can just remove things of vanilla Minecraft without causing Problems. Why do people even make Bukkit Plugins if it causes so many Problems to even have Bukkit installed, especially since Forge alone has ALL Functionality Bukkit provides. World Guard? No Problem just use Forge instead, like many Force Field Mods do successfully already. Multi World? If Mystcraft can easyly do other Dimensions using Forge, then it should work for something as simple as that too. Seriously, there is no need for Bukkit or Cauldron or whatever that is called at all.

I mainly use cauldron/bukkit for the 'worldborders' plugin. It allows me to pregenerate all chunks in a certain radius around spawn, a functionality I could not find in vanilla or forge mods. If you know a means to do this without cauldron, I'll happily stop using it.

• Thanks Lefty,
    ACT worked like a charm it did. Gracias amigo, me = happy
    All i need now is a way to delete all entities in the world, before i start playing (to make sure PFAA did not pop off certain BOP stuff)

Edit: Installed OPIS -> easy to remove unwanted entities

The post was edited 4 times, last by vvenaya ().

• The only reason I still use Cauldron is because of WorldEdit.

I know there were worldedit-like addons for forge I used for SSP in 1.5. I'd be amazed if they don't exist for current version of MC/Forge

• Ok. Thx about cauldron.
    I found something else.
    Client spam in log about thaumcraft.

"[13:07:14] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: [Thaumcraft API] Could not invoke thaumcraft.common.lib.crafting.ThaumcraftCraftingManager method getObjectTags"
    Full log here .

• Whatever.
    I think Greg just should write his thingies compatible with Forge , not with Forge and Cauldron and .....
    Just because it is Cauldron devs work to have it compatible as Forge is.

• ANd it is really slow compared to Bukkit version....in 20 minutes I can have pregenerated world with radius of 1000 blocks , not 200*200 as they say...

No it should actually be about the same speed with no mods installed since bukkit cannot have mods adding their own changes in about every mod. Remember that near every forge mod has a callback on chunk generation for ores, terrain changing, adding extras, etc... So more mods means slower.

• So, I went away from Dropbox regarding the Main download Links. Now it's a Maven repository. Have fun with your stinkin Version Numbers inside the Download Name. :P

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• by the way greg, I finally fixed EC2 to work w/ cells from ic2 and gt XD

• So, I went away from Dropbox regarding the Main download Links. Now it's a Maven repository. Have fun with your stinkin Version Numbers inside the Download Name. :P

If the version of the name and the version inside the mcmod.info or what exactly it's called would be the same it would be nice :)
    Was that intentional or not?

Greets from Germany

How exactly did you get the forge team to host you a maven repo?!
    Do they do that on request?

• I don't know why those people at Bukkit (or whatever the fuck they name it) think that they can just remove things of vanilla Minecraft without causing Problems. Why do people even make Bukkit Plugins if it causes so many Problems to even have Bukkit installed, especially since Forge alone has ALL Functionality Bukkit provides. World Guard? No Problem just use Forge instead, like many Force Field Mods do successfully already. Multi World? If Mystcraft can easyly do other Dimensions using Forge, then it should work for something as simple as that too. Seriously, there is no need for Bukkit or Cauldron or whatever that is called at all.

Reasons:
    Essentials -> Forge Essentials only available for 1.6.4
    ProtectionEX -> I think, its clear (groups, rights)
    Towny -> much easyer than MFFS, specally in beginning (grief /mob/.. protection, chat channels..) and protected buildings much nicer, than "hobbit holes" and Bunker(de)
    World Edit -> no 1.7.10 Forge Version
    Citizens and Sentry,.. -> fun

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ngar ().