[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• when i add gt to my private pack, which i always experiment with, cuz well, im a wanna be scientist, this thing gets really laggy even when the recipes are all generated, is this supposed to be happen? i could imagine it is the ores doing it, w/o gt is runs semi smooth, i would like to test it on my nitrado server though xD

just to be fancy, this is the server im using at the moment:

CPU:AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6376 (32 Cores)Uplink:1000 Mbit and 1 Gig Ram

• Congrats Greg, new record, 52 minutes to load my pack with the newest Gregtech installed, up from 1.6.4's record of 22 minutes.

I smell a troll.

Takes 21 minutes first-time load and 11 minutes each after, on a single-core 1.8 GHz Celeron with 2 GB DDR (400 MHz), 90 GB 5400 RPM HDD, and onboard Intel video. Using 35 mods. (My awful laptop). If yours takes longer, then you have clearly either fucked up ROYALLY to the point of scientific fascination, or you're lying outright and exaggerating the load time.
    (Said laptop gets 2-5 FPS on minimal settings, btw)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Minecraft 1.7.10

Mods (90 total):

Advanced Machines Immibis
    Advanced Solar Panel
    Applied Energistics 2
    Armor Status HUD
    Buildcraft
    Ender IO
    Ender Storage
    Extra Utilities
    Forestry
    Gravitation Suite
    GregTech
    IC2
    IC2 Nuclear Control 2
    Inventory Tweaks
    Iron Chest
    JABBA
    Journey Map
    Mekanism
    Metallurgy 4
    MFFS Calclavia
    MFR
    NEI
    NEI Addons
    NEI Plugins Unoffical
    PneumaticCraft
    Power Converters
    Project Red
    Railcraft
    Redstone Arsenal
    Resonant Engine
    Steve's Carts 2
    Thermal Expansion
    Thermal Foundation
    Translocator
    Uinversal Electricity
    WAILA
    YALSM

1st Load: 14 minutes
    2nd Load: 3 minutes

Processor: AMD FX 8320 8 Core OC (4GHz)
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270x WINDFORCE OC 4GB

• I smell a troll.

Takes 21 minutes first-time load and 11 minutes each after, on a single-core 1.8 GHz Celeron with 2 GB DDR (400 MHz), 90 GB 5400 RPM HDD, and onboard Intel video. Using 35 mods. (My awful laptop). If yours takes longer, then you have clearly either fucked up ROYALLY to the point of scientific fascination, or you're lying outright and exaggerating the load time.

Could you post your modlist? I need help tracking down what's causing this, since it doesn't actually seem to be Binnie's mods :/

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Greg, I don't know if you're aware of this, but GT gens can't use IC2 biogas as fuel and machines can't process IC2 biomass nor IC2 biogas.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• In my case, the loading time was extreme with Gregtech and Galacticraft together. (~20min not first start)
    Removing galacticraft lowered the startup time to ~5min. I have about 60mods installed, including Binnies mods.

Also strange is, that the server needs about twice as long to start as my client, but the server has more powerfull hardware.

• In my case, the loading time was extreme with Gregtech and Galacticraft together. (~20min not first start)
    Removing galacticraft lowered the startup time to ~5min. I have about 60mods installed, including Binnies mods.

Also strange is, that the server needs about twice as long to start as my client, but the server has more powerfull hardware.

This is so strange, the post I made earlier where I have just over 3 minutes load times is with GregTech and GalactiCraft. Adding Binnie's Mod increased it for me to just over 10.

• What does Binnies Mod add?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

Fancy bees and fancy trees. You've probably heard of it before, it adds the bees that you can get diamond shards and stuff from.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Fancy bees and fancy trees. You've probably heard of it before, it adds the bees that you can get diamond shards and stuff from.

And fancy flowers. And fancy breeding machines/mechanics for all three

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Binnie's Mod= Extra Bees + Extra Trees + Botany (Extra Flowers) + Genetics (The old genetic machines from Extra Bees have been moved here) + A core mod.

I think the sheer amount of items it adds may be the cause, perhaps something to do with the oredict. But nothing comes up in my log about it.

Also, after some further investigation, removing it doesn't really speed up my load time much. It went down from 20 minutes to 17. :/

• OK, so this is weird. It seems my problems were being caused by Reliquary, not Binnie's Mods. o_O

The log shows nothing so there's nothing to report, but that was indeed very strange. The moral of the story is: Don't use pre-alpha's. :P

EDIT: Bug report: WoodNeedsSawForCrafting=false doesn't affect the wooden slab recipe.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blockmaster139 ().

• I smell a troll.

I report an issue and you think I am a troll and lying... nice. I reported the previous load time of 20+ minutes months ago, look back on the thread and find it if you think I am lying about that as well. And Adding one mod to the pack and having the load time increase by 10x, how is that me messing anything up? I think you would be the troll, if you don't have anything constructive to add, then don't add anything.

I have tried to track down what is causing the long load time since 1.6.4, but have not had any luck.

My computer is a AMD Phenom II @ 4.0, 10gb ram, and a Gforce 650 TI Boost. BTW the dedicated server is a quad core Xeon @ 4.3, 32 gig of ram, SSD in raid on centos 6.5, running nothing but the pack and mysql, it only loads about 2 minutes faster.

Current mod list for the pack, though it is not 100% up to date as I just updated it, the pack to 1.7.10 a few days ago and still am in the process of updating it. Anything with an asterisk is not currently in the pack, as the list covers the pack back to 1.5.2. Here: https://docs.google.com/spread…YU0xTEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

The post was edited 1 time, last by McyD ().