[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• well, I don't think that will happen again.

It might if imer lost his internet until next year

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Trying to track down the long loading time, looking at the GT log. I see a ton of null pointers listed from reliquary and extrautilities, seems to be about every item they add, as it is at least a few thousand lines worth, 24k just for reliquary. I don't know if it is a GT issue or with their mods, but thought I would put it out here, as it probably needs to be addressed anyway.

All similar to:

GT_Mod: Activating OreDictionary Handler, this can take some time, as it scans the whole OreDictionary

java.lang.NullPointerException at xreliquary.items.alkahestry.AlkahestryRedstoneRecipe.func_77569_a(AlkahestryRedstoneRecipe.java:23)

Edit: Removing both mods drops the pack load time from 52 minutes to 19.

The post was edited 1 time, last by McyD: added information ().

• This is actually a good thing! Railcraft and Forestry are dropping MJ, meaning MJ will die out. Asie is porting Buildcraft to use RF and still retain usability of pipes and gates. That is a good thing. He also wants to bring back power loss. That is a good thing. Just because buildcraft, Railcraft and Forestry are switching to RF, does not mean you have to have TE in your mod pack.

Also, read this: http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…50283/page-21#post-750504

• This is actually a good thing! Railcraft and Forestry are dropping MJ, meaning MJ will die out. Asie is porting Buildcraft to use RF and still retain usability of pipes and gates. That is a good thing. He also wants to bring back power loss. That is a good thing. Just because buildcraft, Railcraft and Forestry are switching to RF, does not mean you have to have TE in your mod pack.

Also, read this: http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…50283/page-21#post-750504

I'm don't have my hopes too high to be honest. Asie will probably cave in and turn Kinesis pipes into conduits. People like RF because it's easy, that's it. If you make a non-easy RF mod (See RotaryCraft's energy converter thing), people flip their shit.

And as I said in my previous post, it's sad to see the MJ will be dieing right after SpaceToad came back and overhauled it. :(

Now you see me, now you don't...

• And to correct this. Mj is not dieing just after Space Toad came back. It's dieing because of decisions he made regarding MJ. He alone is responsible for mods turning their backs on MJ. It's sad really, but that's how it is.

• I leave home for a couple of days and look what happens... Greg goes Maven and 1.7.10, and now I need to try to update everything.

Dammit Greg... why do you always have to be trying to move forward and improve things

• gregtech_1.7.10-5.04.00

found the bug:
    if i try change lines in "GregTech.lang" like names of items or bloks all works fine until i try replace any lines of description
    for example:

all changes of description lines not applicable. Then i see in NEI all descriptions by default in english.

ps.UseThisFileAsLanguageFile switched to "true"

• And to correct this. Mj is not dieing just after Space Toad came back. It's dieing because of decisions he made regarding MJ. He alone is responsible for mods turning their backs on MJ. It's sad really, but that's how it is.

From what I gather MJ problems come from the power system still being under development and thus buggy and hard to be compatible with when the API keeps changing. Sort of like IC2 is at the moment :)

• Quess ill just say it once again.

If i have GT installed. And i am on a server. I crash when i open a thing in the thaumiconon.
    No Gt. On server. No crash.

No reports. Game just freezes. No railcraft or anything. Help please.

• Have you tried to wait a little after freeze? When I was palying with TC, everytime first opening of that bok yielded me some freeze, but for few seconds. Maybe for slower computers it can me more than 20 seconds or so

• Quess ill just say it once again.

If i have GT installed. And i am on a server. I crash when i open a thing in the thaumiconon.
    No Gt. On server. No crash.

No reports. Game just freezes. No railcraft or anything. Help please.

I have the same thing, as soon as I click anything the game crashes, with the crash report mentioning something about a GUI.

• Have you tried to wait a little after freeze? When I was palying with TC, everytime first opening of that bok yielded me some freeze, but for few seconds. Maybe for slower computers it can me more than 20 seconds or so

Yeah, happens to me to whenever I try to open every research. That's because GT is loading its own I guess, even if the log says nothing.

• I know that Issue, but there is not a single Piece of my Code being called at that point. It is purely Thaumcraft having that Issue.

And it resolves itself ALWAYS, so it isnt a crash.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)