[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Joke apart, you had a 16amp power suply behind 8amp cabling. So one ore more of these machines drained more than 8amp. You may locate the faultly one up to the last burned cable.

The thing is: that 8x platinum cable is actually 16 amps, since 1x platinum is 2 amps, that's why I've used it. So I have no idea why is that happened.

My english is bad sometimes, I'm aware of it

• You probably connected something that outputted energy into those cables... (there still are some machines that do that).

I made no changes in my machinery during past few IRL days, so I don't know. But I've noticed lag message in server log with coordinates of my battery buffer (200 ms lag reported). That's why I'm asking about amperage. I've heard about machines using another amp during machine's buffer charging, so I might just be unlucky: wrong amps at wrong time. Cable just got fried. I have lowering transformer right after first cable segment at the start of the problematic line, which sends 512 voltage on the diverted line to those recycler and distillery, but actual melted cables were somewhere in the middle of the rest of the 2048 line, which feeds my ore processing plant. So I bet cable near that transformer should have melted in the first place, if that transformer was somehow involved.

My english is bad sometimes, I'm aware of it

• Greg! I am getting that sand error too:

Code
    1. Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: sand
    2. at gregtech.loaders.load.GT_SonictronLoader.run(GT_SonictronLoader.java:31)
    3. at gregtech.GT_Mod.onPreLoad(GT_Mod.java:292)

That is at dev time, I cannot run mod to test it. I know forge changed the Block to BlockSand in the past few months, could it be your forge is not up to date? What version do you compile against?

• Yep Greg, found the issue, decompiled your dev code and found this from the crash line:

Code
    1. 302: new #7 // class net/minecraft/item/ItemStack
    2. 305: dup
    3. 306: getstatic #25 // Field net/minecraft/init/Blocks.sand:Lnet/minecraft/block/Block;
    4. 309: iconst_1
    5. 310: invokespecial #9 // Method net/minecraft/item/ItemStack."<init>":(Lnet/minecraft/block/Block;I)V
    6. 313: invokevirtual #10 // Method java/util/ArrayList.add:(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    7. 316: pop

As you can see from opcode 306 it is trying to get the field 'net/minecraft/init/Blocks.sand' of type 'net/minecraft/block/Block', which it is not, it is of type BlockSand, hence why it is not finding it. Is your forge up to date? 1208 is what should be used currently (do not go to newer ones than that just yet, but soon).

But yeah, I can still not do any dev until GT updates as I currently require forge 1208.

EDIT0: Yep, bytecode edited that change and it works, now to figure our why waila is complaining about a missing font... >.<

EDIT1: And fixed waila by updating it and now GT crash again:

Code
    2. at gregtech.loaders.postload.GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader.run(GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader.java:37)

Well, time to go bytecode edit that place now...

EDIT2: Also:

Code
    2. at gregtech.loaders.postload.GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader.run(GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader.java:66)

Two instances of it on that code line.

EDIT3: And yet also:

Code
    2. at gregtech.loaders.postload.GT_CraftingRecipeLoader.run(GT_CraftingRecipeLoader.java:143)

Three instances of it on that code line.

And:

That was painful, but no I did not really get a stacktrace each, rather I just replaced all instances and mapped it to the source line to say where. But still, ugh...

EDIT4: And still yet even more:

EDIT5: And now one that was way after the ore processing (have you thought about inverting your recipe test, so instead of parsing over the whole recipe list every time, parse over it once and match it to recipes that you want to remove for each element, and if a match then remove it? Should significantly cut down processing time for the removal part anyway, however big it is):

Code
    2. at gregtech.loaders.oreprocessing.ProcessingStone.registerOre(ProcessingStone.java:27)

EDIT6: And I have loaded!

• Greg, a suggestion to add 2 config options:
    - Brewing can use regular Water (default true).
    - Brewing can use Distilled Water (default true).

• These posts lengths are too short...

But now my tests, all done on my system with it launching on a high-end SSD and after launching GT in a variety of ways to make sure everything is primed before hand:

Vanilla GT, no config files, initial generation:
    12m39s

Vanilla GT, stock post-genned config files:
    1m38s

GT with my mod that has a new addition that slightly alters how GT loads a bit, no config files, initial generation:
    1m40s

GT with my mod that has a new addition that slightly alters how GT loads a bit, stock post-genned config files:
    1m38s

It was just a couple lines of code, very easy change to make to GT, did not even need a coremod.

Greg! Why are you not on bitbucket or something for a git repository (since it is free and private) and let me submit you PR's that way instead of through PM's? Speaking of, do you want this very easy initial loading fix?

Also, why are your own loaders not using your lifecycle system, if they were then I could remove yours from the list for a couple specific ones and add replacements that are faster. As it stands now I would have to coremod to make those changes, and I am trying not to do that because that is painful and will be even more difficult in 1.8. Or just let me send real PR's and I can optimize things more directly to you?

• EDIT6: And I have loaded!

So I just need to byte-code fix 30 errors to make it work? >__>

GT with my mod that has a new addition that slightly alters how GT loads a bit, no config files, initial generation:
    1m40s

Wow.

Greg! Why are you not on bitbucket or something for a git repository (since it is free and private) and let me submit you PR's that way instead of through PM's? Speaking of, do you want this very easy initial loading fix?

Also, why are your own loaders not using your lifecycle system, if they were then I could remove yours from the list for a couple specific ones and add replacements that are faster. As it stands now I would have to coremod to make those changes, and I am trying not to do that because that is painful and will be even more difficult in 1.8. Or just let me send real PR's and I can optimize things more directly to you?

I'd really love to see this. I would also not need to ask Greg everytime I need a new metamaterial, instead I could just PR it to him.

EDIT1: OvermindDL1, might you send me that mod so I can test/confirm on a worse PC?

EDIT 2: Can confirm it worked, tested on a very old crappy laptop (4 years old) that can barely run Minecraft at 20 FPS.
    Without Overmind's fix:

• Initial GT load time: 25-30 minutes
    • Time inbetween "If your log stops here...." and the next log output: Roughly 21-25 minutes

With Overmind's fix:

• Initial GT load time: 4m20s
    • Time inbetween "If your log stops here...." and the next log output: 2m30s

Yes, the values without the fix are not precise, but I really didn't want to wait 30 minutes just to test those precisely.

I am a hobby Mod Translator; if you want your mod to get a German translation, feel free to contact me. :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Vexatos ().

• ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Greg Make Github Account or Riot!ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I loughed so hard at this. It was like one of these Russian Matroschka Dolls. Ahh I finally fixed it, NOPE, but now I fixed it, NOPE, okay but this is fixed now, NOPE. :D

You could have just waited until I update my Forge and upload the next Version, lol.

It was just a couple lines of code, very easy change to make to GT, did not even need a coremod.

I expected a PM containing the Fix for it.

My Loaders have to use a specific order to work, that is why I don't use my own System for it, since the System is mainly for Addons to load right before or after the things I do.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Oh and the Material List is an Enum, because I don't want anyone else to use my MetaItem IDs, because there are only 1000 possible IDs (I gonna change that in 1.8 to 32766, so 1 Item Class per Prefix), and I don't want conflicts or wasteage of IDs.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Oh and the Material List is an Enum, because I don't want anyone else to use my MetaItem IDs, because there are only 1000 possible IDs (I gonna change that in 1.8 to 32766, so 1 Item Class per Prefix), and I don't want conflicts or wasteage of IDs.

If you had a git repository, it would be far easier to propose things like new materials (I wouldn't have to ask you everytime I need a new material) and code fixes. You should certainly think about doing so. Even if it's just a private repo on bitbucket, potential contributors would have to ask you for read access a single time, instead of talking to you everytime they want to change something.

If you aren't going to do so, here's another material request: Air. It should have properties similar to Nitrogen, and remove Compressed air cells being assigned to oxygen, they should not be assigned to anything (not even the new air material). You wouldn't need to do anything else, I would add appropriate recipes for Air, Oxygen etc. in Computronics (Idea is to put compressed air cells into a fluid extractor (!) to get 1000-2000 l of air, distill 1000 litres of air into either 210 l of Oxygen, 780 l of Nitrogen of 5 l of Argon in the fluid distillery (The other 0.5% being the various other things in the air you cannot acquire). The enum entry for that should be similar to this:

Code
    1. Air ( 362, Textures.SET_FLUID , 1.0F, 0, 2, 16|32 , 169, 208, 245, 240, "Air" , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, false, true, 1, 1, 1, Dyes.dyeWhite , Arrays.asList(new TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.AER, 3)))

(I hope I did it right.)
    If you add that line and remove the two compressed air cell assigning lines in GT_DictRegistratorPreItem.java, I would be really happy :P

I am a hobby Mod Translator; if you want your mod to get a German translation, feel free to contact me. :)

• Here is my mod with that fix (almost everything else is commented out from loading currently, need to finish the 1.7.10 port): http://files.minecraftforge.ne…ermods_1.7.10-0.3.3.0.jar

And if anyone needs the bytecode fixed gregtech dev jar: http://overminddl1.com/minecra…ch_1.7.10-5.04.02-dev.jar

And of course my main mod download page: http://files.minecraftforge.ne…vermods_1.7.10/index.html

I did test this with my modpack, but it didn't make a diffrence in the starting time (6 minutes with overmods and 6 minutes and 5 seconds without), aleast on my setup its not helping very much but it seemd to change some id's or added some not sure whats up with that. I tested this on a SP world and when I tried to join with overmods i got the message that some items were missing and there were some kind of ...pig or ...horse cant remember the word before that.
    I just realised something ... I did need to use the bytecode fixed gregtech version right? ...damn never gonna read only half a comment.... dang it
    ok gonna try that again then, gonna edit the post if my results changed or not.

Edit1: ok thats wrong again xD put in the dev version and crashed... i guess they are not supposed to be used with modpacks?

• Edit1: ok thats wrong again xD put in the dev version and crashed... i guess they are not supposed to be used with modpacks

The fix only changes startup speed if the GregTech config folder isn't there yet. And no, you should not use the bytecode-fixed GregTech build, just the ordinary one.

• The fix only changes startup speed if the GregTech config folder isn't there yet. And no, you should not use the bytecode-fixed GregTech build, just the ordinary one.

ahh ok I got that wrong then :) thanks for the info

totally unrelated: does anyone know how I can use the IC2 Miner/advanced Miner or OV/OD scanner to find gregtech ores? i don't seem to be able to edit the ic2.ini to able to add Gregtech Ores
    does it work and im just doing it wrong somehow or is it not working/not iuntended to work?
    PS: Im still wating on the Fusion :D still pretty Excited wuhu :D (hope i don't need to wait a few month's for that, excpet if its being more awesome then^^)

Greets from Germany

Edit1: Im using IC2 exp build 635 and GregTech 5.04.02