V = 2^(3+2T)EU/t
    V = Voltage (EU/p or EU/t)
    T = Tier (#)

Tiers:
    0 = ULV = 2^3 = 8V
    1 = LV = 2^(3+2) = 2^5 = 32V
    2 = MV = 2^(3+4) = 2^7 = 128V
    8 = UV = 2^(3+16) = 2^19 = 524288V

The exception to this pattern is MAX Voltage, where the voltage is equal to MaxInt (2^31 -1), the maximum number allowed in Java (without performing strange and dangerous dark magical arts).

• There's still unsigned int, long and unsigned long though.

Actually, is there any specific reason why GT EU uses int and not unsigned int?

• Can somebody explain how the new oregeneration works ? I know there are videos from ung_god but for some reason I have no sound on his videos

• Greg, if I spam a pipe system with items, a type filter will accept the items as fast as I can shove them in, and none of the items will redirect to the restricted pipe area. However a regular item filter is really slow and most of the items end up going to the restricted pipe area. This makes it really annoying to have auto-sorting systems because those items end up in the misc chest.

If you want your Filter to work with such a flow of Items, you have to select more than just one Slot for the Items to enter. The Filter cannot accept more than one ItemStack per Tick per Slot. The Type Filter can only do so because it has 9 Slots for all Types of Dusts, instead of 9 individual Slots.

If you want your Filter to still have the 1 Slot thing, then put a Normal Sized Brass Pipe (1 Stack per Tick) on your Super Output to limit it to one Stack per Tick. Also a Filter->ChestBuffer->Regulator(opt)->Machine Combo is a good Idea too.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Any time my users find a machine that grows less efficient at higher stages of advancement, they give me the finger and spam the lower-efficient machine instead of advancing (e.g Steam Turbine). Space is unlimited, so they don't care about how much volume 4 LV turbines takes compared to 1 MV turbine.

Are we missing something here? Does the inherent lossiness of 4 LV machines outweigh the drop in inefficiency?

• Any time my users find a machine that grows less efficient at higher stages of advancement, they give me the finger and spam the lower-efficient machine instead of advancing (e.g Steam Turbine). Space is unlimited, so they don't care about how much volume 4 LV turbines takes compared to 1 MV turbine.

Are we missing something here? Does the inherent lossiness of 4 LV machines outweigh the drop in inefficiency?

Wait, since when LV machines are more lossy than their higher versions?

• Better turbines has less % of efficiency, but can do same amount of energy faster, also they do not need transforming up, etc. So you will deal with less energy losses in cables. However, you will need more steam(slightly) for same amount of power.

• Wait, since when LV machines are more lossy than their higher versions?

Perhaps I'm talking out of my backside, but I seem to recall that the tooltip for some of the energy producers indicates a drop in efficiency as they progress.

Steam comes to mind. I believe diesel does it too.

If I were home I'd bring some numbers to the table.

• Better turbines has less % of efficiency, but can do same amount of energy faster, also they do not need transforming up, etc. So you will deal with less energy losses in cables. However, you will need more steam(slightly) for same amount of power.

This is ludicrous. When I make a thing, I make it more efficient than the last thing. Is it configurable?

• The difference isn't that bad. The LV diesel generator has 90% efficiency, but the HV one is 70%. If you had 16 LV ones and a transformer, it is MORE lossy than one HV one. The effect of it is similar to real engines.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• The difference isn't that bad. The LV diesel generator has 90% efficiency, but the HV one is 70%. If you had 16 LV ones and a transformer, it is MORE lossy than one HV one. The effect of it is similar to real engines.

That's less ludicrous if accurate. My math isn't up to the challenge sadly.

• Of course placing a ton of transformers lowers the efficiency, but if you have separate energy lines, for example one for LV machines, one for the HV blast furnace, each one feeded by generators of their own voltage, isn't that more efficient than having one big generator and a lot of transformers, which transform energy from up to down? This is how my base works. Surely transforming from down to up is lossy, but the contrary is also true.

• @Greg, I really hope the AESU does comes back, and IDSU, the Dragon Egg module, along with the auto crafting table, sorting machine, and many other things that made GT4 awesome. The AESU and IDSU ruled - I know you got buffers now, but couldn't we have an option to turn some of those things back on in the config? *pouty face*

Both the autocrafting and sorting machine are already in GT 5. For autocrafting, use the packager with the proper schematic. For sorting, you have the type filter and item filter (and I think one other as well, the regulator, I believe). What else are you missing from GT4? The AESU probably won't come back, since it's pretty much made obsolete in terms of functionality by the battery buffers, but I could imagine an IDSU-type block making a return.

• Long time ago I noticed that if you put a GT non electric tool, crafted in a workbench and everything, both damaged or not, in the disassembler, the process would have took very short, kinda 8 seconds in any machine, and you did not get anything. I checked again and made some tests today, same result. Is this a bug or a feature, Greg? Electric tools work fine, though.

I'd have another question too, and I'd like if you answered this time because I'd like to make the page for the wiki: the more a tool is damaged, the more time and (thus energy) it takes in the disassembler to be processed. Is this true?

• once the wiki can handle it

When are you expecting this? It seems even things like adding/changing links on the IC2 navbox can make the wiki nearly crash.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.