[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Implying, bans matter. 8)

They do generally have a meaning to them though. Even if we follow your example in practice, it's just as easy to get 2 accounts banned as it is to get 1 account banned.

• Liquids aren't compatible in Gregtech.

molten.iron and iron.molten aren't the same.

Here is a list of liquids, that should be compatible in my opinion.
    <aluminumbrass.molten> -- Molten Aluminum Brass
    <alumite.molten> -- Molten Alumite
    <ardite.molten> -- Molten Ardite
    <bronze.molten> -- Molten Bronze
    <cobalt.molten> -- Molten Cobalt
    <copper.molten> -- Molten Copper
    <electrum.molten> -- Molten Electrum
    <glass.molten> -- Molten Glass
    <gold.molten> -- Molten Gold
    <invar.molten> -- Molten Invar
    <iron.molten> -- Molten Iron
    <lead.molten> -- Molten Lead
    <limestone.molten> -- Molten Limestone
    <manyullyn.molten> -- Molten Manyullyn
    <nickel.molten> -- Molten Nickel
    <obsidian.molten> -- Molten Obsidian
    <osmium.molten> -- fluid.osmium.molten
    <pigiron.molten> -- Pig Iron
    <platinum.molten> -- fluid.platinum.molten
    <silver.molten> -- Molten Silver
    <steel.molten> -- Molten Steel
    <tin.molten> -- Molten Tin

These are liquids, that shouldn't be compatible, because the break would break mods and there difficulties:
    <aluminum.molten> -- Molten Aluminum

And these liquids aren't compatible, but I don't matter about them. I only wanted to make the list complete.
    <fairy.molten> -- fluid.fairy.molten
    <pokefennium.molten> -- fluid.pokefennium.molten
    <refined.glowstone.molten> -- fluid.refined.glowstone.molten

Tested with Gregtech 5.05.07

Also I don't know, on which side this should be changed. Is there a convention in forge about liquids and how they should be named?

• oh helix not this again

Last year, it was ingotBronze vs BronzeIngot

Now it's molten.iron vs iron.molten

GregTech has always followed shapeMaterial; TiC has always followed Materialshape. Apparently, this applies to fluid molten metals too.

:cursing:

• Haha, no, you will not get a ban. Only the annoying 13 yrolds get banned. I mean, you just moost likely get your question unanswered or ignored

Thing that happened with my question about the disassembler. My question was if the disassembler not disassembling the non electric tools was a bug or not. Anyone can answer me? I have to make the page for the wiki.

• There is absolutely NO convention in Forge to name Fluids, best example being "gas_natural_gas" of PFAA or "ic2pahoehoelava" of IC2 or even "nutrient_distillation" of whatever Mod adds that. For my own automatically generated Fluids I used the "molten." + MaterialName in order to sort them easier. but they are automatically generated, so I have to somewhat make sure I don't accidentially hit another ones Fluid with it.

I intentionally chose Names which are not identical with TConstruct, because I could never be sure if the Fluid Ratios are being kept on proper values. 144 Liters per Ingot is my personal choice (because Prime Factors), I think it happens to be 144 in TConstruct too, but I didn't test that since I used TConstruct back in the days of not having (or not having read) a Fluid Meter in that Smeltery.

For now one has to manually add those Recipes, maybe I will add a Fluid Converter thingy just for that sake sometime later.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• hi guys. is it just me or some config options doesn't work as intended?

like:

Code
    1. B:QuartzDustSmeltingIntoAESilicon_true=false

still can't smelt quartz dust.

• hi guys. is it just me or some config options doesn't work as intended?

like:

Code
    1. B:QuartzDustSmeltingIntoAESilicon_true=false

still can't smelt quartz dust.

u need to turn on unification of quartz dust so it makes AE2 quartz dust then u can smelt it if i recall correct i dont think greg's quartz goes into a normal furnace

• u need to turn on unification of quartz dust so it makes AE2 quartz dust then u can smelt it if i recall correct i dont think greg's quartz goes into a normal furnace

but what i need to add in unification.cfg?

cause only what I got on AE2 is next:

Code
    1. appliedenergistics2 { B:dustFluix_false=false B:gemFluix_false=false }

• Not that big drama, MDiyo said he ends to work on it beacause of Microsoft. And when there will be no MDiyo, I think no drama will be there either. :)
    And.... https://github.com/Vexatos/TinkersGregworks

Just stop pretending that anyone who even mentions "drama" of any sort is not trying to provoke it. I mean, you want to have lulz, you have to dedicate more time to your trolling.

On the topic - What kind of support do you even "need" etween both mods? It's jsut unnecessary using them both, without havin overwritten half of the recipes, but if you do overwrite the recipes, why did you bother getting the second mod in your boat? Not that the functionality is too different.