[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Is there way getting biomass by using gregtech machines?

Nope, the only thing GT can do is macerating things to get biochaff. You need to use IC2's technology to get biomass and transform it into biogas, and then you can't use it in GT's generators.
    We hope GT support for IC2 biomass/biogas will come soon, some of us has been harassing Greg to add compatibility. :p

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Question is, why not just play factorio? I mean with all the techy mods in MC and microshit buying it, i don't see bright future for MC and modding. Looks like 1.7 will be my last MC fun before MS ruins everything. I hope for soon 1.7.10 GT finish so i can play with friends on my server this cool mod.

FYI factorio is like topdown 2D minecraft, procedural infinite worlds and it's game based on MC tech mods like BC/IC2. :)

• We don't need yer goddamn alternatives! Gimme muh minceraft! *swings baseball bat*

Edit: this was reffering to cpy telling us to go play Factorio, not Kane's comment. Probably should have quoted >.>

Now you see me, now you don't...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blockmaster139 ().

• glad that you're enjoying GT's oregen as much as i do.
    I've had a literal blast while mining a GT vein with IC ~500 dynamites. Outcome of about 1200 ores. Lots of fun explosions.

Is blast-mining (reasonably) safe on ores? What's the loss ratio?

• Question is, why not just play factorio? I mean with all the techy mods in MC and microshit buying it, i don't see bright future for MC and modding. Looks like 1.7 will be my last MC fun before MS ruins everything. I hope for soon 1.7.10 GT finish so i can play with friends on my server this cool mod.

FYI factorio is like topdown 2D minecraft, procedural infinite worlds and it's game based on MC tech mods like BC/IC2. :)

There is 0 content over the last half a year in factorio, just sayin'.

Is blast-mining (reasonably) safe on ores? What's the loss ratio?

Industrial tnt - no losses.

• How sad is it that the guy quits because people want the mod to be simpler and easier?? I saw the same thing with the guy who made Soul Shards, he posted about how people were constantly whining at him to make the mod more powerful and complained that people wouldn't stop til they had all their 'op' items to play with.

The problem with AE was that AE1 was the OP mod of choice, I think he then realized he wanted it to be more challenging. I saw him post on reddit a few weeks ago that he would not, when playing MC, use any type of item teleportation, not even the singularities in his own mod. He felt it made things too boring and easy. I havent used AE2 because I quit AE many months ago, but now it seems AE2 is something GT type players would enjoy, so Im going to try it.

Anyway, his problem is that his core fan base were all MFR type players. If his mod had always been harder and more challenging, he wouldn't be getting as much bad feedback.

• Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my singleplayer modpack, as soon as i add gregtech 5.05.07. And start a new world my gregtech log starts spitting out errors and exceptions.
    Without gregtech the pack works excellent.

My Java settings: -Xms8G -Xmx8G -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX: PermSize=2G

number of mods: About 150.

When i force quit minecraft the game output spams:
    Negative index in crash report handler (0/1020)

Please help.

• Hmm, these are handled exceptions. This may take a long time, especially if you have Galacticraft and/or Binnie mods (unless they were fixed). Try just to wait until minecraft loads. Non-first loading times will be shorter.

• There is 0 content over the last half a year in factorio, just sayin'.

You mean like they are making multiplayer branch and not adding content? Obviously multiplayer addition have 0 value for you, for me single player is fine but MP is much better. Also they are making gates, tanks, they plan to improve combat a lot, they made sketches of new things. Also they've been optimizing and fixing bugs, i want to see minecraft that runs on 8 core CPU like this little game does. Just sayin'.

• 8 GB of RAM and 2 GB of permgen? You are running 150 mods, not 1500.

Reduce that to 3-4 GB and 256 MB respectivly, Java is bad when you give it excessive amounts of resources.

• You mean like they are making multiplayer branch and not adding content? Obviously multiplayer addition have 0 value for you, for me single player is fine but MP is much better. Also they are making gates, tanks, they plan to improve combat a lot, they made sketches of new things. Also they've been optimizing and fixing bugs, i want to see minecraft that runs on 8 core CPU like this little game does. Just sayin'.

You know, this isn't exactly the place to discuss this.

Then again, since when has the GT thread been on-topic?

• You mean like they are making multiplayer branch and not adding content? Obviously multiplayer addition have 0 value for you, for me single player is fine but MP is much better. Also they are making gates, tanks, they plan to improve combat a lot, they made sketches of new things. Also they've been optimizing and fixing bugs, i want to see minecraft that runs on 8 core CPU like this little game does. Just sayin'.

Are you getting paid as PR guy of them, or smth?
    I read the weekly uupdates. Being greedy and having only 1 coder for everything you have in game is a shit idea. The game still has potential, and is not ruined yet as mojang gradually did with minecraft, but I see stagnation. SUre, I'll love to see multiplayer, but working on multiplayer is not a too good reason to stop progress on singleplayer content. Dang, I donated when the game was on kickstarter (or where the hell it was, I do not remember), and been with them since the very beginning.

And protip - drawing a page full of scetches takes 3 minutes. Just saying.

• Are you getting paid as PR guy of them, or smth?
    I read the weekly uupdates. Being greedy and having only 1 coder for everything you have in game is a shit idea. The game still has potential, and is not ruined yet as mojang gradually did with minecraft, but I see stagnation. SUre, I'll love to see multiplayer, but working on multiplayer is not a too good reason to stop progress on singleplayer content. Dang, I donated when the game was on kickstarter (or where the hell it was, I do not remember), and been with them since the very beginning.

And protip - drawing a page full of scetches takes 3 minutes. Just saying.

I've seen video in czech language how they explain how they are now. They explained how they barely made living, they made this game for free at one part just so others can play at least what they made, they were giving up on it, because they got in really bad dept while making it, now they are finally in better position and are hiring, so they are very small company but are trying to get more people to the team. They seemed like a genuine nice guys in video. Maybe it's just a scheme, i don't know. Progress seemed a bit slow lately, i blame multiplayer (hopefully).

I'm not payed PR i'm just over enthusiastic fan that will promote any game i currently play and try to recruit members to whatever game i'm hosting on my server. Either ETS2,MC,Space Engineers, Starbound... gotta love dem indie studios and hate AAA moneygrubbing mongrels like EA/Ubisoft/others...

Bottom line, i really enjoy this game, so i don't consider it wated money, so to anyone who would enjoy this game i recommend try before buy method. If someone did not spam this game on forums like i'm doing right now, i wouldn't even know about this game, so i'm doing a favor to someone else who don't know about it.

Don't get angry greg for minor OT, just a glitch in the matrix, move along... :D