[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I found vinteum ore from both GT and AM2 in NEI. But there is no mention of vinteum in WorldGeneration.cfg. Is there way turning on generation of vinteum from GT? And some other ores (nikolite, midassium).

• I found vinteum ore from both GT and AM2 in NEI. But there is no mention of vinteum in WorldGeneration.cfg. Is there way turning on generation of vinteum from GT? And some other ores (nikolite, midassium).

Look into the WorldGeneration config. You will see something like this:

The numbers after 'OrePrimaryLayer', 'OreSecondaryLayer' etc. is the metadata of the ore that spawns there. From top to bottom is the occurrence of each different ore in the vein, so OrePrimaryLayer is most common whilst OreSporadicalyAround/Inbetween are the least common. You can go to the custom section and replace the values there with your Vinteum or Midasium ores. Make sure to also set the height, size, density, and dimension for that custom section, and also enabled it at the top of the config file.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• The ID numbers are the metadata values of the stone variations of the ores, however there's a better way of finding what numbers correspond to what ores:
    [directory]/logs/GregTech.log

At the bottom of that log file will be a section headed
    Printing List of generatable Materials
    That contains the entire index list of all materials known to GregTech. Most of them can be generated as Ores. (Those that are normally liquids or gases obviously cannot.)

• Look into the WorldGeneration config. You will see something like this:

The numbers after 'OrePrimaryLayer', 'OreSecondaryLayer' etc. is the metadata of the ore that spawns there. From top to bottom is the occurrence of each different ore in the vein, so OrePrimaryLayer is most common whilst OreSporadicalyAround/Inbetween are the least common. You can go to the custom section and replace the values there with your Vinteum or Midasium ores. Make sure to also set the height, size, density, and dimension for that custom section, and also enabled it at the top of the config file.

Thanks

The ID numbers are the metadata values of the stone variations of the ores, however there's a better way of finding what numbers correspond to what ores:
    [directory]/logs/GregTech.log

This directory is empty.

Greg, add chimerite and sunstone ores please.

• Also, @Boiler Fuels:
    Multiblock Boilers can burn any fuel burnable in either a Furnace, Diesel Generator, or Semifluid Generator. (The Semifluid Generator no longer exists, but its fuel list does.)
    Semifluid Generator fuels are either lower-quality fuels (Creosote Oil, Seed Oil, Fish Oil...) or unrefined versions of better fuels (Oil, Biomass...).

However, multiblock boilers are twice as efficient as normal for Semifluid Generator fuels, and half as efficient for Diesel Generator fuels.
    I have not yet found efficiency math for furnace fuels.

Unrelated: Has anyone here ever tried to use a Blood Magic Lava Crystal to fuel a multiblock GT boiler? I don't know if or how that would work, but if someone were to experiment on it I'm sure the results would be interesting.

• This directory is empty.

The [directory] here refers to the directory of the profile your GT-containing mod pack uses. Additionally, this log file is only printed in full after a GT-containing instance has been run and closed at least once.
    I know that it exists there because I had the file open when I was writing that post.

Kirara is running with RC + GT + NEI, no problems on a shitton of clients.

1.7 world generation is generally slow, GT probably compounds to that
    because of it's oregen. Use Fastcraft. It solves everything.

Thanks! I figured it out using Kirara's mod versions and fastcraft. It looks like it was optifine problem.

AE2 ME system is chunk loader as long as it has power. So every chunk, where is some part of your net, is loaded. Yes, it can eat power really fast, but that is a thing ;)

The idea is to make interdimensional synchronisation of certain items in enderbackpack-enderchest system and distant ore processing.

• @BackDraft : IKR, but then I haven't tested, but are the ichorium Tools working with GT related stuff, I haven't tried yet.

• Last I tried they didn't work in any of the boilers sadly.

• V5.05.09:
    Changed Energy Crystals to be an Autoclave Recipe instead of Compressor.
    Added the long time awaited Energy Detector Cover back. Note: it takes the maximum input and output Amperage into account too! But it doesnt count Batteries inside the Battery Buffer, since those are Items which have nothing to do with the Block itself.
    Fixed some Bugs.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• V5.05.09:
    Changed Energy Crystals to be an Autoclave Recipe instead of Compressor.
    Added the long time awaited Energy Detector Cover back. Note: it takes the maximum input and output Amperage into account too! But it doesnt count Batteries inside the Battery Buffer, since those are Items which have nothing to do with the Block itself.
    Fixed some Bugs.

Crash Report: Pastebin Report

I just upgraded to the newest version 5.05.09
    When I try to open up a battery buffer to access the GUI, Minecraft crashes. Tried multiple times - all crashed.

UPDATE:

Tried starting a brand new world. Spawned in a Basic Macerator and opening its GUI. It crashes too

Here its crash log: Pastebin Report

?(

The post was edited 1 time, last by chloe ().

• Fixed and uploaded.

Hey Greg, is there any way I can talk to you over irc regarding an addon I'm trying to make? I've been in #gregtech, but never seen you in there.

I'm not really reachable via IRC, even though I am very often on the kirara Server and that Server is connected to IRC.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Quoted from "PRIMETOXINZ"

Hey Greg, is there any way I can talk to you over irc regarding an addon I'm trying to make? I've been in #gregtech, but never seen you in there.
    I'm not really reachable via IRC, even though I am very often on the kirara Server and that Server is connected to IRC.

So what would be the best way of talking about the code for the addon? just on here?

• Oh you found the Item which is used in NEI to describe that a process costs nothing to create something. The Cobble Generator has that Token for example.

GregTech Website