[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

I accidentally put in a bit too much fluid into a machine, so I had some leftover, and I couldn't use a plunger to remove the fluid!
    I also couldn't pump it out, so I had to dismantle the machine and put it back!
    This is outrageous!

• How often will the capelist be updated on Dropbox/in the mod itself? :) and what is when his dropbox account is generating to much traffic? I do need to update the capelist in that case right?

The Cape List updated just now for example because of two Donations (it could have been one 5€ Donation with two Names too btw.), I update the List in both Dropbox and in a List (more recent Versions use a HashSet instead of a List) inside the Mod itself.

I just noticed also that Dropbox has cut my Links temporarily again. I need to find another Solution, but the List has to be in Dropbox, because of the Link in the List Downloader being to Dropbox and unchangeable for older Versions.

I think I will talk to Overmind about that, maybe it can be hosted where my regular Downloads are.

As for the discussion on 'odd tier batteries', I would like to suggest once more tantalum capacitors! We have tantalum, let's make it useful! They'd be ideal for uLV!

Oh right I forgot about those. Now that ULV makes sense I can add them.

There is no Grinding in GT. I have reached the beginning of the IV Tier and never saw any Grinding or similar, even though SpwnX did the raw Resources mostly, he used Automining and other fun things to get the Ores, like ITNT and Dynamite Sticks.

Zerotheliger told me to pass this to you : http://pastebin.com/bJxVZ9k8
    It seems to register GT ores to IC2 miners.

Also, he suggested an option for your world gen to generate ores in other dimensions if the ID or so is supplied.

Now if that would work, it would be great. I do register my Ores under the valuables too, I actually register all ores in the OreDict for that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Now if that would work, it would be great. I do register my Ores under the valuables too, I actually register all ores in the OreDict for that.

But it did... i joined his server where that thing is applied. OV scanner showing your ores and (advanced) miner mining them just fine :D

#GregTech IRC log for reference:

<Zerotheliger> also lookie http://pastebin.com/bJxVZ9k8
    <Zerotheliger> we did it
    <SpwnX> hooray
    <Zerotheliger> you see what its doing? :3
    <SpwnX> i see
    <Zerotheliger> this was being testing in zmaster library
    <SpwnX> scans for ores with greg and ore in the name
    <Zerotheliger> if you see greg could you show him?

• There is no Grinding in GT. I have reached the beginning of the IV Tier and never saw any Grinding or similar, even though SpwnX did the raw Resources mostly, he used Automining and other fun things to get the Ores, like ITNT and Dynamite Sticks.

Well, since you created the mod, our visions on it is very diferent, but you just said your partner did most of the resource gathering and used auto mining for that, wich shown how much grindy it is, also i ask, did you try from scratch since the last updates? because it became grindy as hell on the beggining rather than tier above mv, all changes requiring new and especific machines for simple purpose that we could make before in hand, is realy boring and annoying.

Idont wanna gregtech dead, i want more people playing with it, but if the mod kill any will to play it on the beggining, less people will gonna play. Any game that dont hold your attention on the first hour of play, 90% would not play.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Keep your shirt on, sparky. UNG did a full set of GT videos back on 1.6, and I highly doubt he "want(s) gregtech dead".
    The 'everything needs plates' suggestion is a little bit extreme even by GT standards; unless there's a whole host of people (including Greg himself) that would want to see that, I would leave it to MineTweaker to do that.

Also, I believe Better Than Wolves and TerraFirmaCraft were both released before GregTech got interesting, and both of them have their own flavors of megagrinding.

the point is, if something like that wouldn't take that much time, simple config option to turn that ON would be nice. (no, you can't just edit 9999 recipes manually)

• Well, since you created the mod, our visions on it is very diferent, but you just said your partner did most of the resource gathering and used auto mining for that, wich shown how much grindy it is, also i ask, did you try from scratch since the last updates? because it became grindy as hell on the beggining rather than tier above mv, all changes requiring new and especific machines for simple purpose that we could make before in hand, is realy boring and annoying.

Idont wanna gregtech dead, i want more people playing with it, but if the mod kill any will to play it on the beggining, less people will gonna play. Any game that dont hold your attention on the first hour of play, 90% would not play.

The new energeical "jump" to a titanium boiler is not doing GT well. There are no real ways of power production besides spamming cokeovens and burning charcoal. The nuclear energy production is dead, with the MOX and u235 being such a pain in the ass to get. I mean, have you used anything on kirara besides boilers and the RTGs? I am pretty sure you did not.

• Considering that Minecraft itself is only popular because of emergent gameplay, and that the modding community itself is an extension of that emergent gameplay, they could have done worse.

This is very true. Do you agree that some mods offer more than others though?

• The new energeical "jump" to a titanium boiler is not doing GT well. There are no real ways of power production besides spamming cokeovens and burning charcoal. The nuclear energy production is dead, with the MOX and u235 being such a pain in the ass to get. I mean, have you used anything on kirara besides boilers and the RTGs? I am pretty sure you did not.

I pretty much exclusively use diesel for power (in engines)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• The only thing i wish was if there was a way to make Tools the ''TFC'' way. As that was my favourite thing about the mod. Apart from the aesthetics.

• Well, since you created the mod, our visions on it is very diferent, but you just said your partner did most of the resource gathering and used auto mining for that, wich shown how much grindy it is, also i ask, did you try from scratch since the last updates? because it became grindy as hell on the beggining rather than tier above mv, all changes requiring new and especific machines for simple purpose that we could make before in hand, is realy boring and annoying.

Sharing machines doubles the speed of progression of the game. The only way to test is to play ssp.

In the 1.7 beyond reality pack I spent hours looking fire ores and did fill up a chest, but no tin so I couldn't even start the Bronze Age. I only get an hour or two at most per day to play so I got bored and quit.

• In the 1.7 beyond reality pack I spent hours looking fire ores and did fill up a chest, but no tin so I couldn't even start the Bronze Age. I only get an hour or two at most per day to play so I got bored and quit.

tin ores are hard to see, u could try a texture pack which changes the gt ores texture to see them better

• sure why not :)

Push the button!

An Ender Quarry with Silk Touch Upgrade and Speed II fills my first network.
    All is inside Aroma's Mining World (v. 1.7.2-1.0.2.16) and GT 5.05.10.

As i know the Digital Miner don't get GT-Ores cause they are Entities.
    Quarry is disabled (fcking holes) and Miners are untested till yet.

btw. U don't have to change the configs of Aroma to Overworld generation. J4I.

Greets.

• the unkonwn material detected thing
    mod causing it : Headcrumbs
    ==============================================

========================================
    crashing at launch when this mod is installed (B3M): http://www.minecraftforum.net/…enie-zemli-majnkraftskaya
    ======================================================

===============================================
    also I got this but I don't know if it's after installing gregtech or no :

[05/10/2014 16:27:07 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Likely cycle is in : [RecipeEntry("forge:robearmordye", SHAPELESS, thaumcraft.common.items.armor.RecipesRobeArmorDyes) After: forge:robearmordye, RecipeEntry("After", UNKNOWN, )]
    [05/10/2014 16:27:07 PM] Oct 05, 2014 4:27:06 PM com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus$LoggingSubscriberExceptionHandler handleException
    =========================================================

=========================================================
    also I was wondering, if it wouldn't be a problem to disable tin, copper, iron, gold, lead, and put instead the poor railcraft ores. mostly I'm worried that one of the gregtech ores would normally have some byproduct that isn't acqurable with railcraft poor ores.
    ==========================================================

The post was edited 3 times, last by CkpeVZE ().

• Stupid dropbox, can't download the old gregtech
    :(

Well which version are you looking for? Depending how old, say, 1.4.7 of Minecraft, you can try using Feed the Beast, and download a pack, and then just go to that packs directory and get the mod there. If its a more recent version for 1.7.10 or 1.7.2, I am not sure if FTB has Gregtech 5 in it.

:D

The post was edited 1 time, last by chloe ().

• =========================================================
    also I was wondering, if it wouldn't be a problem to disable tin, copper, iron, gold, lead, and put instead the poor railcraft ores. mostly I'm worried that one of the gregtech ores would normally have some byproduct that isn't acqurable with railcraft poor ores.
    ==========================================================

Not really viable, not only because of byproducts, but because of quantity.