[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Not really viable, not only because of byproducts, but because of quantity.

so you saying that there is a byproduct that only way to acquire it is one of the mentioned gregtech ores? (iron, copper, tin, gold, lead)

cause when I was looking at it I didn't see any item that couldn't be acuired after changing to railcraft poorores. I'm asking cause there is a chance that I missed something.
    (I mean item that can be ONLY acquired by gregtech ores. I don't mean item that one of the ways to acquire it are gregtech ores.)

I just don't want to be in situation that I find that I can't craft something just becouse I replaced gregtech ores with poor railcraft ones.

and one of the reasons I want to do it is I want to have it like it is in railcraft, many ores but not much output, grindy way.

• so you saying that there is a byproduct that only way to acquire it is one of the mentioned gregtech ores? (iron, copper, tin, gold, lead)

yes, like antimony (tetrahedrite)

So, the thing about quantity is that RC poor ore will hardly be enough to supply you with the amount of materials needed.

• yes, like antimony (tetrahedrite)

So, the thing about quantity is that RC poor ore will hardly be enough to supply you with the amount of materials needed.

couldn't I just remove copper and leave tetrahedrite there?

• I'm taking bets on what Tooltip a few of my new Items will have. Here are the Items where you can guess the Tooltip:

Cheese (there are two Tooltips, one for the whole thing and one for the Cheese Slice)
    Chum
    Cucumber (also two Tooltips, just like in case of Cheese)

Also I added two new Machines for you to guess their Functionality. It is just two Machines and those are performing completely new Tasks. I will leave you two Crafting Ingredients to make it easier.

Machine A has Heating Coils.
    Machine B is pushing things with a Piston.

May the guessing begin! (oh and the next update will still take a few days, my List of things to do is just too long).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Machine B is pushing things with a Piston.

Annoying noise generator?

Hand warmer?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The only mods I have noticed increasing the loading time is extrautilities and reliquary with 231 mods, these are the only to that significantly increase the loading time.

• Also I added two new Machines for you to guess their Functionality. It is just two Machines and those are performing completely new Tasks. I will leave you two Crafting Ingredients to make it easier.

Machine B is pushing things with a Piston.

May the guessing begin! (oh and the next update will still take a few days, my List of things to do is just too long).

Completely new as in unique in GT, unique in the IC2 umbrella, or unique in the whole modded Minecraft scene?

• I mean, have you used anything on kirara besides boilers and the RTGs? I am pretty sure you did not.

Sorry, that question is to me? yes i basic used gt small boilers, then large steel,on gt turbines, later i did use Rc boilers to get ride of creosole, lastly when i did had enough i started rtgs with replicated plutonium, but lost on the update. Power is another concern but it is not bad as machines quantity rising non stop.

I pretty much exclusively use diesel for power (in engines)

And that diesel fuel came from where? oilberries?

yes, like antimony (tetrahedrite)

wich is mandatory now.

An advanced piston that can push tile entities as well as blocks further than the vanilla piston.

I believe is more a machine to press things, like to make bread you need to "bate" the mass.

Anyone else is geting worried at the fact we now have less option for some recipe than before? before there was more way to craft some stuff, less efective at start, like batterys, where we could do ic2 way using more tin but later could be made using batery alloy using less resources, but now the only way to make a batery is with batery alloy, wich is mandatory the use of antimony, that is a btprodyct of tetrahedrite.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• So the Ender Quarry works, but the Mek. Digital Miner doesn't, and IC2 miners don't (without that patch of code that SpwnX sent us). Fascinating.
    Although as a note, unless you've got ore generation going on other than GregTech, Silk Touch is an unnecessary upgrade; all full-block GT ores drop themselves, and all Small Ores can't be silktouched. If anything, I'd recommend a Fortune Upgrade for that.

This is very true. Do you agree that some mods offer more than others though?

Very much so. The 1.2 and 1.4 golden ages of modding were golden ages because of the massive potential for emergent gameplay, IMO mostly because of Redpower and being able to manipulate other mods' things with it. (Also, Thaumcraft 2 was one of the first mods I ever thought was really cool.) But the culture of the modding community has changed since then, and even though there are a hundred times more mods and a hundred times more content out there now than there was two years ago, it feels like the number of people coming up with innovative solutions and the level of innovation in those solutions has gone down.

In the current age, I think the mods with the most potential for emergent gameplay (that I have played with) are Railcraft, RotaryCraft/ReactorCraft, and GregTech. Railcraft has everything you need to create empire-scale transport networks, in particular with its signalling and routing systems. And RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft are in my eyes the only tech/machinery mods out there that require you to go really big if you want to really get going. (I feel that this is actually in effect more than in GregTech, prior to the upper GT tiers.) As for GregTech, while the sheer volume of how much you have to do does lessen the level of emergent gameplay (required vs emergent), the volume also leads to you being forced to come up with solutions to make what you're creating practical, or at bare minimum, look cool. (Also, if you're going to put in that much work, sometimes you kinda have to make it look cool to make the work worthwhile.)
    Conceptually, like this.

• Anyone else is geting worried at the fact we now have less option for some recipe than before? before there was more way to craft some stuff, less efective at start, like batterys, where we could do ic2 way using more tin but later could be made using batery alloy using less resources, but now the only way to make a batery is with batery alloy, wich is mandatory the use of antimony, that is a btprodyct of tetrahedrite.

Tbh I'm more worried about the lack of diversity and possible efficiency in power generation compared to GT4.
    I know GT5 is in beta, but still, we're adding more and more machines but we're stuck spamming LV gen blocks, with steam having the absolute superiority between all of them.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Can someone test or tell me does the new version of Binnie's mods increase the Load time with GregTech?

I just tested Binnie's Mods 2.0-dev5.

No improvement in loadingtime. Also still huge lag when crafting many items at once.

Just finished my loadingtime testing.

Normal loadingtime of my Modpack: 5:37min.

Loadingtime without Binnie's mods: 3:21min

• So the Ender Quarry works, but the Mek. Digital Miner doesn't, and IC2 miners don't (without that patch of code that SpwnX sent us). Fascinating.
    Although as a note, unless you've got ore generation going on other than GregTech, Silk Touch is an unnecessary upgrade; all full-block GT ores drop themselves, and all Small Ores can't be silktouched. If anything, I'd recommend a Fortune Upgrade for that.

SilkTouch is only to get Redstone, Coal and co in their natural form as ore.

PSA: If u use the Digital Miner and directly input an GT-Ore you will get "shit" like "Hydrogen Ore". Hydrogen Ore has no recipes or anything else.

• @Greg: We have Cheese, Tomatoes, and Dough. Will the heating coil thing be a pizza oven? :D

No, also not a regular Oven. That one isn't the Machine I was letting you guess.

An oven for foods requiring 2 or more ingredients.

Nope, for the 2 Ingredient thing you would have to precraft a "raw" Version first before baking it. Like for Bread, Buns and Baguettes.

An advanced piston that can push tile entities as well as blocks further than the vanilla piston.

I said Machine as in Processing Machine. No stupid Pistons to push TileEntities.

PSA: If u use the Digital Miner and directly input an GT-Ore you will get "shit" like "Hydrogen Ore".

The Digital Miner just has a very stupid implementation, it doesn't work properly on any Ores. Most Ores have a simple implementation and you dont have to worry but with more complex dropping you actually have to use the normal way Blocks are to break.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)