[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Use the wire cutters....

I have. All they do is break them. I tried shift right and left clicking as well as normal right and left clicking. As well as holding both.

Would seem i was using ic2s wire cutters and not gregs. lol Oops. Thanks anyway!

• Quick question, how do you fix "Circuitry burned out" in the electric blast furnace/other multiblocks if there's no Soldering Iron yet?

• Quick question, how do you fix "Circuitry burned out" in the electric blast furnace/other multiblocks if there's no Soldering Iron yet?

This needs to be an EAQ already...

Multiblock Machines will run with one or two problems, at -10% efficiency per problem. So (for an EBF), the first few runs will have to be done with Circuitry Burned Out, at slightly reduced efficiency.
    After that, the answer is BrainTech Aerospace Advanced Reinforced Duct Tape FAL-84.

• Greg, would it be possible to make it so that GT oregen is always enabled in the overworld, even when PFAA is loaded? Right now, if someone has GT and PFAA in a modpack, but disables PFAA generation, no ores are generated from either mod. If GT could just always generate, then PFAA could remove GT ores from the world when it is activated (simple with COG). Thanks!

• Looking for someone who can explain this PFAA generator, because i generated 3x3km map and found only 15000 banded iron ore with MCEdit, and other ores were much much worse, i found lot of useless ores but not much from useful ones. GT generator seems much better, but TFC generator seems like best one i've seen so far. If PFAA worked like TFC, it would be great but finding anything in PFAA is limited to smelting minecrafts from shafts and robbing temples.

• Greg, would it be possible to make it so that GT oregen is always enabled in the overworld, even when PFAA is loaded? Right now, if someone has GT and PFAA in a modpack, but disables PFAA generation, no ores are generated from either mod. If GT could just always generate, then PFAA could remove GT ores from the world when it is activated (simple with COG). Thanks!

That would lag the hell out of everyone. PFAA already causes quite some lag by replacing all vanilla Stone, but having GT also generate its Ores just to get them deleted afterwards is a very bad Lag Source.

If people configure their Stuff to not use PFAA (even though it is installed), then they should be smart enough to either configure GT back or to look in the Nether, since all necessary GT Ores generate there, when PFAA is installed.

I will add a Config to disable the PFAA Detection so that it is easier to re-enable GT worldgen, but that detection will default to on, because of the aforementioned terrible lag that would cause.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• That would lag the hell out of everyone. PFAA already causes quite some lag by replacing all vanilla Stone, but having GT also generate its Ores just to get them deleted afterwards is a very bad Lag Source.

If people configure their Stuff to not use PFAA (even though it is installed), then they should be smart enough to either configure GT back or to look in the Nether, since all necessary GT Ores generate there, when PFAA is installed.

I will add a Config to disable the PFAA Detection so that it is easier to re-enable GT worldgen, but that detection will default to on, because of the aforementioned terrible lag that would cause.

Would it be maybe possible to "somehow" implement the enabling of GT worldgen inside CoG itself during the world creation? Something like if CoG will detect GT alongside with PFAA, it will show a config option during world creation to enable or disable GT ore gen. I am just through blind ideas, because i am not a modder :)

edit: in theory it should work no? Because CoG is able to disable oregen from other mods, so why it would not be able to disable/enable GT ore gen? The default value would be of course set to Disable Gt oregen = true.

• I will add a Config to disable the PFAA Detection so that it is easier to re-enable GT worldgen, but that detection will default to on, because of the aforementioned terrible lag that would cause.

Hmm. COG without PFAA already does this. It replaces GT ores with stone and runs its own generation of GT ores. With FastCraft at least, the lag does not seem prohibitive.

As Jason suggests, I guess the optimal solution would be for PFAA to tell GT via some sort of API when the PFAA ore generation is
    disabled. I can access GT_Config, of course, but if I changed an option, GT would need to respond via ConfigChangedEvent. This would take a lot more work than the simple COG replacement.

It would seem there is a need for a mod that would allow mod pack users to see a few high-level options in the Forge config GUI. Just simplified, where setting a particular option can affect multiple options in different mods.

• Can someone post MCEdit analysis of PFAA with at least 1kmx1km world? Because i don't think my PFAA generates enough ore. Compared to GT/TFC.

ive used an Xray Mod to Compare the Oregen.Helps a Great deal.

• Does antimony ore spawn in the world? If yes, in which ore mix it is hidden?

in config, there are some custom ore mixes that seems to be unused. If the antimony ore does not spawn by default, can i make it spawn by swapping one of the custom ores in the config with 'antimony'? (and adding all values of course)

The post was edited 2 times, last by monokei ().

• Does antimony ore spawn in the world? If yes, in which ore mix it is hidden?

in config, there are some custom ore mixes that seems to be unused. If the antimony ore does not spawn by default, can i make it spawn by swapping one of the custom ores in the config with 'antimony'? (and adding all values of course)

Yes, Tetrahedrite mix.
    This (read the graphs) may help you locate your ores better.

Custom ores are for the materials you may find on other mods (and on the metamaterial list) like TC shards, for example.

• Hmm. COG without PFAA already does this. It replaces GT ores with stone and runs its own generation of GT ores. With FastCraft at least, the lag does not seem prohibitive.

As Jason suggests, I guess the optimal solution would be for PFAA to tell GT via some sort of API when the PFAA ore generation is
    disabled. I can access GT_Config, of course, but if I changed an option, GT would need to respond via ConfigChangedEvent. This would take a lot more work than the simple COG replacement.

It would seem there is a need for a mod that would allow mod pack users to see a few high-level options in the Forge config GUI. Just simplified, where setting a particular option can affect multiple options in different mods.

For that I would need a World dependant Config in order to make this working and a lot of GUI Stuff I don't know about.

Fastcraft doesn't have any Effect on Worldgen Lag, the Worldgen Lag Problem will be "solved" in 1.8 by Multithreading many things including Worldgen, but right now it lags out Servers like hell (and with PFAA only). As I said I will add a Config to turn the PFAA detection off so that the users can cause themselves some lag by letting both Mods do their Worldgen, effectively nullifying either GT or PFAA Worldgen.

-----

I wonder how people would react to the Color Spray Cans which are in the next Release. I guess it will give a quite good feedback.

Well ofcourse those Sprays are uncraftable, since the Fluid they are filled with is unobtainable, Muahahahaha!

Oh and I also reworked the Printer a little, now copying Books is a little more tedious, but realistic needing a Scanner, aPrinter and an Assembler for making the Books. And also you should empty your old Printers, they will loose 2 Slots, so that they have only one Input and one Output (and a Fluid Input for the Dye).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Sheesh so many modders dropping like flies. First AE2 mod developer retired, now Ars Magica 2 developer. So glad this mod hasn't stopped and seems to have plenty of steam to keep going. Kudos to you greg for sticking with this.

• For me, if Greg leaves the modding community, it will be a disaster :c , and Cpw case was also pretty bad :c

Edit : Will we get the chilly spray for bears crafteable, because I want something that works against Bear Grills :D

• For me, if Greg leaves the modding community, it will be a disaster :c , and Cpw case was also pretty bad :c

Edit : Will we get the chilly spray for bears crafteable, because I want something that works against Bear Grills :D

cpw didn't actually leave. Most of the last few Forge updates were from him

Now you see me, now you don't...

• On that graph I see no antimony, only stebnite, but I'll look for a tetrahedrite vein and check myself. Thanks.

Stibnite = Anitmony Ore

Oh god, I just saw dmilllerw's posts about the block state problem, imagine what that does to GT Meta-Stuff D:

Now you see me, now you don't...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blockmaster139 ().