[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I should note that IRL, gravity and magnetism are totally different things, and that gravity doesn't work that way IRL. The only 'simulated' gravity possible with 'spinning' things is centrifugal force, which requires you to be inside the spinning object's edge. Magnetic properties have no bearing on this effect whatsoever. I think you guys have a mixture of confusion between superconductors (which have a fixed sub-atomic magnetic state causing suspension), magnetism (attraction and repulsion based on electron field), gravity (the weakest of fundamental forces, AKA quantum fields), centrifugal and centripetal forces.
    Gravity relies on the mass of interacting bodies, and their distance relative to said masses. The force of gravity is approximately equal to the speed of light, and shows evidence of being an oscillating radiation. In quantum mechanics, gravity's attractive force comes from virtual graviton exchange, whereas electromagnetism comes from virtual photon exchange.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Does gregtech or IC2 have it's own way to store fluids? The only way I know of is creating lot's of universal fluid cells and simply storing them in chest.

Gregtech has steel and tungstensteel cells, which store 8 and 64 fluid units respectively.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Best way to store fluids that I know of are mods that have storage tanks like railcraft. There are a few other mods out there that add their own storage tanks. I do recall XYcraft was working on a tank buuuut... we haven't seen a release for that mod since way back in 1.4.6. Makes me wonder if we're ever going to see another release on XYcraft ever again.

• IC2 does not have anything else than cells and Gregtech is still in open-beta so there is alot of missing and needed thingys (like the digital tank was in GT4).

Thnx for info.

I wanted to try to create water supply with GT and have created small bronze pipe + drain cover. I have placed them like so:

Code
    1. W W W
    2. P
    3. T

W - water
    P - pipe, with cover on up side
    T - buildcraft tank

and for some reason tank is not filling up. I have tried switching modes with Screwdriver and that did not help. How do I fill up tank in this setup?

Edit: and a little observation - it seems pump cover can work without electricity (but it have electricity cost in its tool-tip). I have placed 2 tanks and a bronze pipe with pump cover and it extracted water from first tank without any EU source.

• In order to use a drain you need to use a pipe that can store more than 1000 Liters. The small bronze fluid pipe is too small.

• Pipes/railcraft tanks/buildcraft tanks do not accept electricity so that is why it works on pipes but it would require electicity in a machine that accepts electicity.

• I've made an Electric Blast Furnace, but it's currently impossible to get it functioning. Since the soldering iron doesn't exist yet I can't fix the burnt out circuitry, and since duct tape requires an MV assembler I can't finish the maintenance with that. What do I do?

• I've made an Electric Blast Furnace, but it's currently impossible to get it functioning. Since the soldering iron doesn't exist yet I can't fix the burnt out circuitry, and since duct tape requires an MV assembler I can't finish the maintenance with that. What do I do?

Read the Q/A

Q: I cant fix all of the Problems in my Multiblock for starting it, HALP!
    A: Go start the Multiblock anyways. It will run as long as there is at least one solved Problem. And when you reach MV Tier you can use Duct Tape. Also the next people who ask that get banned for two reasons, 1. Didn't read Q/A and 2. You didn't check if it would run with that Problem being still there.

• Aaaaaand banned.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Saw that one coming. If only there was a special banned icon for people who don't read the Q/A.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I've reported to GC that its customization of worldgen in planets is not compatible with GregTech (wow, i definetely did not expect it to not work).
    It seems it is possible to create additional compatibility:

radfast wrote:

Or I guess if someone else wants to make a Galacticraft AddOn for GregTech ore generation, it wouldn't be too hard at all. It would need to subscribe to the event: GCCoreEventPopulate.Post and then run its oregen code, like this: https://github.com/micdoodle8/…OreGenOtherMods.java#L176"

Source: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/1157

• Wow, it really cannot generate GT ores? I was hoping into no problem here....however, I would be satisfied with vanilla ore generation via GC , just in need of the GT ores :)

• I remember seing screenshots with tanks like railcraft use, i hope to see them in GT again.
    Also i hope MC will thread worlds, and even chunks, entities and everything. Mods can be threaded and even whole game, one guy did it, why mojang can't?

• is there anywhere a good source of information how the pump cover and other covers work? I can't get it to work, and I don't know how to pump out liquid from containers using only GT.

• is there anywhere a good source of information how the pump cover and other covers work? I can't get it to work, and I don't know how to pump out liquid from containers using only GT.

Almost all covers are selfexplanatory, if you use a screwdriver on them. COnveyor and pump work similary - you put them on a pipe, set to import, and they transport your shizzle from the invetory you need.

I do not know a place where you can find more info about pumps but i do understand the basic workings for the pump modue you require electicity in machines but not in other objects(like pipes of course if your pipe happens to be too small for the liquid amount the pump pumps it cant work)and in machines and pipes you can change the setttings on the pump module whit a screwdriver. Then there was the drain you need the big pipe that can be filled whit 1000 mB of liquid (i think it works like that).

• thanks, I was missing the screwdriver part, but I still do something wrong. Here is my test situation:

Steel fluid pipes (4800l/s) connecting two buildcraft tanks. One is full with water. By the full one, I attach the pump cover to the pipe. I takie the screwdriver, set to import. Nothing happens.

Nevermind, wrong pump position. Thanks for info guys.