[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greg, PLEASE change the color of rubber to at least very dark gray. How can I build with rubber when it looks like the void is taking over!?
    That is a wall of rubber plates.

I have the same issue with granite. Even with the brightness turned all the way up, when I find it while mining I can't tell if it's a hole or granite unless I put a torch right next to it. With the brightness turned down somewhat, it just looks like a black spot to me.

Problem is, we see dark things and assume they are black things. When, in reality, it’s very hard to find something that is pure black. Roads aren’t black. Your office chair isn’t black. The sidebar in Sparrow isn’t black. Words on web pages aren’t black.

http://ianstormtaylor.com/design-tip-never-use-black/

• Greg, you seriously gave skeletons naquada arrows? Radioactivity IV is not funny.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• This had really better be at least configureable, because things have gone completely fucking apeshit on my server. One guy actually may have just quit. x.x

TL;DR - Radioactivity 1-5 plus fire arrows causing an oil well to ignite have driven me and my players mad.

PS: Wearing a hazmat suit does NOT prevent radioactivity from arrows. Bug?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• They are configurable at GregTech.cfg:

Code
    1. B:SkeletonsShootGTArrows=true
  • Problem witch new forge 1.7.10-Forge10.13.2.1236
    If Update forge after problem texture

1. I use that specific Forge Version right now and I don't have Texture Problems
    2. Please use Grammar, PLEASE!!!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, you seriously gave skeletons naquada arrows? Radioactivity IV is not funny.

I understand hard. I understand very hard. But this is insane. Once in a while you get shot by an arrow that gives you 5-6 bad effects, one of them radioactivity 1-4. Unless you have food, fireproofing and antidote AND regeneration potion at hand, you're pretty much dead.

I guess I'll have to play on Peaceful or with keepInventory=true from now on.

• WTF? Covers doesn't act like covers - I have placed a cover to a bronze pipe with steam and the pipe is still damaging. Also the pipe have strange phys model like a 15x15x15 pixel block.

• I think we need a sniper that fires auto guided bullets ( like the archangel smite ^.^ ) and I think that red/blue steel and damascus steel should be the same tier as tungsteel/titanium or stainless steel :P

• I can't tell if this crash is due to Gregtech, AE2 or Extra Cells.

I'm think ExtraCells.

I had a Fluid Import Bus attached to a MV Gregtech Fluid Extractor that was processing Uranium 238, 235 and Plutonium 244, and the ExtraCells Fluid Bus would extract the fluid into my ME system. Was working fine, then all the sudden, for no reason, I got this crash, and I can't tell who's crash it is to report it. So I'm hoping that someone can point me the way...

Crash Report: Pastebin Link

EDIT: did some more testing. The crash happens as soon as you place the ExtraCells on the Gregtech MV Fluid Extractor, and then connect the ME cable up - as soon as the fluid starts to import, BOOM - crash. So is it a Gregtech issue? A problem with the Fluids? Or ExtraCells?

Another Crash Report: Pastebin Link

PS: on a related note... am I the only one seeing this problem, or has other notice that Molten Uranium 238, 235 and Molten Plutonium 244 look WHITE when they are in pipes and machines, but look fine (Green and Red) when in tanks? Is this a forge issue? I'm not sure cause I'm processing Gregtech ore... so, not sure how to figure it out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by chloe ().

• It seems that ExtraCells Import Bus is trying to take liquid from the Fluid Extractor and then the Extractor is trying to decrease amount of liquid and crashed(or push to the Bus). May be the Bus is taking 1000mB and the Extractor have less then 1000, or Greg's machine doesn't see a target to push liquid, something like that.
    Try to play with amount of liquid in the Extractor and with Import Bus options.

I don't know what is ExtraCells now, but EC for 1.6.4 AE was buggy addon and some actions caused crashes.

• It seems that ExtraCells Import Bus is trying to take liquid from the Fluid Extractor and then the Extractor is trying to decrease amount of liquid and crashed(or push to the Bus). May be the Bus is taking 1000mB and the Extractor have less then 1000, or Greg's machine doesn't see a target to push liquid, something like that.
    Try to play with amount of liquid in the Extractor and with Import Bus options.

I don't know what is ExtraCells now, but EC for 1.6.4 AE was buggy addon and some actions caused crashes.

First of all, Thank you so much for your prompt and courteous response :)

I think your right - there is an issue between the two mods. I can't tell if its Gregtech or Extra Cells - Greg? What do you think.

I did find a solution that DOES work and won't cause a crash! If you use a piece of EnderIO Conduit between the two Mods, then there is no problem. Here is a screen capture of what I am talking about.

I hope Greg and the ExtarCells guy can come up with a solution cause I love AE2 and I love Gregtech, and I want them both to work perfectly together - they are a natural fit. ....but I love Gregtech more.... yes, I'm a fan girl :)

• I whould like to see an nerv of the current high end materials like titanium, iridium and tungstensteel and placing highly complex alloys on top of them. Like the Red/Blue Steel, just an higher tier. Currently once you reach Tungstensteel, there is no need to make any other material and it is not really that complicated to make once the EBF is fully upgraded.

Made a list of ideas for better high-end materials and put it into the Suggestion Thread:

[GregTech] Suggestion Thread & TO-DO-List (I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things)

• Hello.

It look like the very large number of components needed to legitimately craft an IV Solar Panel (8192EU/t) is exceeding the allowed size or can bug on writing/retrieving NBT Data.

Code
    1. [23:24:52] [Netty Client IO #5/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
    2. io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Tried to read NBT tag that was too big; tried to allocate: 2097155bytes where max allowed: 2097152

To reproduce:

• Enable all solar panels at least and up-to IV in GregTech/OverpoweredStuff.cfg

• Craft all sub components and combine up to SolarPanelIV
    • As soon as you finish the last step and a SolarPanelIV enter your inventory, client crash!

Here is Overflowed NBT in player data inventory for you to check/debug/reproduce GregT: (Open with an NBT Explorer)

P.S.
    Until I can find an off-line NBTEditor that's stable to clear bugged entries from this player inventory Or Greg can reproduce/confirm/fix the issue. I will have to reset or restore this player data from a backup.