[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey Greg, minor thing:
    All Vanilla food items can be centrifuged into Methane, but none of your newly added food items can. Intended, overlooked, or postponed?

• I was not referring to fuel applications. In GT oil is used for other things. Lubricant for example. And this might be a more proper way of obtaining oil in GT than oil berries.

• I was not referring to fuel applications. In GT oil is used for other things. Lubricant for example. And this might be a more proper way of obtaining oil in GT than oil berries.

Agreed with that. GT also need coke coal processing - making more RL-like stuff with it, byproducts etc.

Hey Greg, minor thing:
    All Vanilla food items can be centrifuged into Methane, but none of your newly added food items can. Intended, overlooked, or postponed?

I would like to suggest adding forestry fruits in the methane recipe list as well.

• You can use the equivalent. Several vanilla blocks have "variant" states. For example, dirt is minecraft:dirt with variant=dirt. Podzol is minecraft:dirt with variant=podzol, rather than being minecraft:podzol. It's even more dumb than before.

Did you ever tried to use XML? It's the same problem. There is no right answer to multiple data definition ways, their all wrong in some way.

• Edit2 - Revenge of the Edit: Ever worked in a flash suit? It's kinda creepy being in a suffocating crunchy suit that's designed to keep said cables from flash-frying your electrically conductive ass into a very dead, burnt pile of crispy critter. Because you don't fuck with 900+ volts. God that job was anxiety-inducing. If you forgot to remove a watch you could feel the electromagnetic pull from 50+ feet away on 14.4kV lines overhead, followed by your hair standing on end. Man, you never, NEVER want to experience that. It's the scariest moment you can imagine before BLAM, dead. Thank god there's at least that much warning. And those flash suits? They're not effective at 14.4kV and up if you get too close. Electricity will ruin your shit.

Reading this forum gives a great idea of all the jobs I never knew about nor want to do.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Even if greg doesn't want, I do.

• Regarding lag with misplaced machine output.
    What if slot is marked as "dead" when machine fails to output item from that slot? "Dead" slots are ignored in future automated output. "Dead" flag will be removed from slot in some cases:
    1) item was manually removed from "dead" slot
    2) item stack in "dead" slot was updated by recipe processing but only if slot is already "dead" for at least one second
    3) output side direction was changed
    4) machine was whacked with something
    5) plunger
    6) explosion
    7) even more more explosions.

If this is not implemented yet it could improve situation a bit as filtering will be done only once for each misplaced item not per timer tick.

Really, why should machine even try to output item if it's already stuck.

:Nuke TNT: to all.

• Wait, you are "attracted" by a magnetic field and how does the suit work ? Is it an isolant protection suit or conductive ?

• Because the "stuckiness" may have been resolved in that adjacent Block, that is why. And the adjacent Block cannot tell the Machine about things like "Hey I am now accepting Stuff!1000!1011!".

If I did this, then as soon as a Pipe is clogged even the slightest for a few Seconds (because it has to keep up with other Crap coming from the very same Machine), the whole Automation Part ceases to work until someone came up to the Machine to whack it with a Wrench twice in order to switch the Direction. So this Idea is not really well thought thoroughly, and therefore stupid.

The Logic of Machines not being able to output certain kinds of Items into something else is NOT GENERALISABLE, meaning there cannot be an always working Solution to this Problem per definition. And I am only going to use Solutions which work in all cases, without killing other Features.

Not Generalisable means, that it requires more Logic from other Sides in order to work. And with other Sides is meant that Forge would have to add a way for such things to be implemented Interface wise, in order to unlock this higher Level of Logic to my Machines.

Or in other Words: Human Smart, much Logic. Machine Simple, very Stupid.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

The post was edited 2 times, last by GregoriusT ().

But this process doesn't MAKE Oil.... this doesn't even make anything LIKE oil...

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Edit: Eh fuck it who cares.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• Use "XBONY:" or "XBONY2:" instead. And why is there a 2?

The ":" automatically makes it a private Prefix.

A Torch is something that can be "removed" for a second to open it, just like a Chair, gah, damnit all those stupid arguments. I am still not going to do it, even though that is a valid Point. I will either do a Check for things in front of the Block Sides for things like Torches, or I will do nothing.

The only issue with the : is that it cannot be used in file names. Because I'm so lazy, the unlocalized name, image name and ore dictionary name are all the same :P Of course, it wouldn't be too hard to make a code that replaces a : for a _ for the image name.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• A Torch is something that can be "removed" for a second to open it, just like a Chair, gah, damnit all those stupid arguments. I am still not going to do it, even though that is a valid Point. I will either do a Check for things in front of the Block Sides for things like Torches, or I will do nothing.

If it makes it feel like a less stupid argument, I can also open a machine that has an anvil in front of it (in Minecraft, not in real life).

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Id also love it if someone would (could?) port GT4 to 1.7. As Greg points out in his QA, if the mod appears to be too involved, then it's not for you. So i realized... it's not for me anymore.

If GT4 could be made to run on 1.7, I would still be using GT.

Side question: it appears most fans of GT use AE? Does AE2 still have autocrafting? Im wondering if this is why GT5 bugs me, I haven't used AE since 1.4, I like the high energy usage and high cost of GT machines, not crafting screws and 10 different wires.

I wonder if the hard mode crowd like the kiara server people don't feel the pain of the crafting due to using AE? But for people like me, it just seems overwhelming. Or does AE not have auto crafting anymore?

• Greg, here's a suggestion, can you use the molten version of tin/lead/etc... from Tinkers' Construct when it's available, or at least have an option for that?
    I mean making your own versions of molten metals is cool but some people might want to use the smeltery for such things since the recipes on your machines don't require much power.
    P.S: I'm expecting a big, all caps no (with font size 36, of course), but still, worth a try.

• Side question: it appears most fans of GT use AE? Does AE2 still have autocrafting? Im wondering if this is why GT5 bugs me, I haven't used AE since 1.4, I like the high energy usage and high cost of GT machines, not crafting screws and 10 different wires.

I wonder if the hard mode crowd like the kiara server people don't feel the pain of the crafting due to using AE? But for people like me, it just seems overwhelming. Or does AE not have auto crafting anymore?

AE2 has autocrafting, but only since 1.7.10, not in 1.7.2.

Since the update of kirara to 1.7.10 took some time, most bases were build without autocrafting. And even now not all use it, since AE2 uses 3x the energy on Kirara.

• If it makes it feel like a less stupid argument, I can also open a machine that has an anvil in front of it (in Minecraft, not in real life).

There are so many things you can do in Minecraft, where it would not stick to our real World:

• Swim with stacks of anvils in your inventory,
    • Carry 1000L water buckets (a metric ton)
    • Punch slice trees bare hand
    • Step-up 1m high repeatedly
    • Interact with world from 3m away
    • Craft a cubic meter diamond block from 9 diamonds
    • Survive swimming in lava without any special protection

Now GregTech and other mods tries to bring technologies to this fantasy world. There, GregoriusT as a mod author has to make tough baseline choices about what is ok, what is OP, what fit or does not fit his vision for gameplay, progression tree.
    As GregoriusT said at multiple occasion and even added to Q/A. It is his mod and his choices as how he implement things. It may not always please you. If you like it, use it, if not, nevermind.

• If it makes it feel like a less stupid argument, I can also open a machine that has an anvil in front of it (in Minecraft, not in real life).

Anvils use experience levels, which is a form of magic. Minecraftian logic relating to magic will probably not apply to GregTech.

• AE2 has autocrafting, but only since 1.7.10, not in 1.7.2.

Since the update of kirara to 1.7.10 took some time, most bases were build without autocrafting. And even now not all use it, since AE2 uses 3x the energy on Kirara.

Ahh. Well then I guess it's just that I do not have the time for a mod like this anymore.