[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• why do you use transformers going up in tiers? I i hook them up straight and have no issues, example: I currently have 1 LV steam, 1 MV steam, and 1 MV gas turbine hooked up to 1 HV 9 slot battery buffer.

Also Gregg I was wondering what happened to the Zinc blocks from 1.6.4 to 1.7

• Does the wire distance really factor into the test? If you're up-transforming to HV before wire-transmission, that wire is irrelevant when comparing efficiencies.

Given that both transmissions are both happening at HV, they don't really make a difference, but I decided to do my test based on the theory of building a generation area separate from the factory area.

Also I just did another test: 16 LV Gas Turbines, run down 10 8x Lead Cables at LV current. This test produced 148k EU, an 80% energy loss.

This was primarily to demonstrate how dumb it is to try to send large amounts of current down low-voltage lines over any sort of distance.

• Given that both transmissions are both happening at HV, they don't really make a difference, but I decided to do my test based on the theory of building a generation area separate from the factory area.

Also I just did another test: 16 LV Gas Turbines, run down 10 8x Lead Cables at LV current. This test produced 148k EU, an 80% energy loss.

This was primarily to demonstrate how dumb it is to try to send large amounts of current down low-voltage lines over any sort of distance.

Definitely :)

I actually love this mechanic. Thank god we have volts/amps back.

• why do you use transformers going up in tiers? I i hook them up straight and have no issues, example: I currently have 1 LV steam, 1 MV steam, and 1 MV gas turbine hooked up to 1 HV 9 slot battery buffer.

GregTech machines have limitations on the amount of current they can accept. Normal machines can accept 2 Amps, a few machines can accept 3, Transformers set to transform up can accept 4, and Battery Buffers can accept amps equal to the number of batteries they contain, with each battery absorbing 1 Amp. Generators output 1 Amp each, Transformers set to transform down output 4, and battery buffers output amps equal to their battery count.

So because you only have 3 Amps in play, you aren't having problems yet.

Edit: Also because cables also have amperage limits on them. While a 1x Silver Cable can accept HV, it can only take 1 Amp of it, so I had to compress my 16 Amps LV down to 1 Amp HV to send it down the cable.
    My second test (using all LV and Lead Cables) shows what happens if you don't transform the energy up.

• I think we should rise HV efficiency and lower LV efficiency, but still make them more efficient, and that should make MV the most efficient, needing a decent structure and being not that cheap :P

• Or give MV/HV an advantage. Make overclockers have a better efficiency when used in higher tier machines. LV could be +20 speed/+100 energy, MV could be +25/90, HV +30/80, etc etc.

EDIT: or make transforming incur a decent energy loss

• The HV ones are supposed to be less efficient. The whole point is compactness and easyness. You can just slap an HV Generator on something to make it work quickly or you could build a bunch of LV Generators for Efficiency.

Also has anyone of you actually tested if the HV Engines are less Efficient than those Clusters after Cable Loss? Remember that Transformers are lossy too!

Who cares about compactness? Every single player I know LIKES seeing huge lines of machines. And 99% of them will always go for the most efficient option power wise and resource cost wise. Its human nature.

• Who cares about compactness? Every single player I know LIKES seeing huge lines of machines. And 99% of them will always go for the most efficient option power wise and resource cost wise. Its human nature.

+1.

Some of the recent comments are getting a tiny bit...odd. This nails the issue on the head though. At the end of the day, my gregtech industry is hungry. It wants POWER.

• Well, weren't the MV and HV generators supposed to be lossy because multiblock generators with better efficiency for higher voltages were planned ?

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• With a few traces landing here.

There were far better ways to rhyme it, like "Gregory Wan Kenobi" for example :P

Well I gonna continue screwing around with the new Tool I added.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Does anyone know of a good GregTech pack that is not Beyond Reality?

Thanks in advanced,
    Donut

We have some in our server (pack made by me. If you want, you can visit - contact me)

However Guys...
    If Battery buffer accepts amps according to number of batteries....what about empty buffer? Does it accept 1 amper and send 1 amper, or zero?

• We have some in our server (pack made by me. If you want, you can visit - contact me)

However Guys...
    If Battery buffer accepts amps according to number of batteries....what about empty buffer? Does it accept 1 amper and send 1 amper, or zero?

Okay I have messaged you.

• FTB also has Resurrection, but that pack has the limitations that it's a bit resource-heavy and it brings down the progression difficulty considerably; it contains GregTech, but it is not a GregTech pack.

• Does anyone know of a good GregTech pack that is not Beyond Reality?

Thanks in advanced,
    Donut

InfiTech2, offered as a third party pack through the FTB launcher, is actually an excellent pack all around.

Virtually every aspect of it has been tweaked around GT, with a secondary nod to Thaumcraft.

I beat you to it ~SpwnX :3

I see thatnow and quit editing my posts jerk :p

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pyure ().

• How about just adding configs to change loss of generators should anyone want that?

Or finally adding multiblock generators?

Today i started building my first Reactorcraft multiblock turbines and they just look really impressive. But no idea how to get 200k RF/t out of a single connection to turn it into EU later.