[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• And the GT Subforum is still a little bit broken. Not to mention that Bug Reports and Support go to this Thread.

There's really not much option when you can't make a new thread in the subforum :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg, what is effficienty of big boilers compared to high pressure ones? And what diffrence betwen tears of big boilers?

And is there page with all GT releated links? (like ore spawn image, that i need)

• GT doesnt remove ores from spawning, even if its in GTs config.

But you can disable ore gen wia thaumcraft config ... why you just turn it off in TC4 config ?

If GregTech is in fact generating Amber, I can't find any at all. How would I increase the rate in which amber spawns? (Ideally the rate would be on par with Thaumcraft's amber generation.)

• If GregTech is in fact generating Amber, I can't find any at all. How would I increase the rate in which amber spawns? (Ideally the rate would be on par with Thaumcraft's amber generation.)

config/GregTech/WorldGeneration.cfg
    Ctrl+F "amber"

• If GregTech is in fact generating Amber, I can't find any at all. How would I increase the rate in which amber spawns? (Ideally the rate would be on par with Thaumcraft's amber generation.)

wait, did you add amber by youself? I dont know if that would work... And you can't modify rateness of ores - its generations is 3 chunks for new vein ( its makes grid of ores ).

• wait, did you add amber by youself? I dont know if that would work... And you can't modify rateness of ores - its generations is 3 chunks for new vein ( its makes grid of ores ).

If I can't change the rate in which amber spawns, I don't think I'll be able to do what I want to do. Oh well.

• If I can't change the rate in which amber spawns, I don't think I'll be able to do what I want to do. Oh well.

if you are using small ores you can, but idk what you exact ore gen config is. Did you enable B:ore.small.amber_true=true ?

p.s. you can change small amber vein size -

• I dont see any "size" Parameter in there. But Amount will do it too. It is like that Spray Can Tool you can use in Paint. With the Default Settings you get about 1 Small Amber Ore per 3.5 Chunks.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Would increasing the small ore size increase the small ore size for just amber or all small ores?

I think I can make something work with the size. Means it will take longer to find it, but when you do, you'll have enough for a while.

• I dont see any "size" Parameter in there. But Amount will do it too. It is like that Spray Can Tool you can use in Paint. With the Default Settings you get about 1 Small Amber Ore per 3.5 Chunks.

small ores always "vein" size is always 1, isnt it ?

• Just Amber in this Case. And yes, random useless Gems generate in Single Blocks. Amber counts as such for me.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Note, if TC is installed, you should just keep its Worldgen on. It has the proper Amounts for everything it adds.

GregTech Website

• Note, if TC is installed, you should just keep its Worldgen on. It has the proper Amounts for everything it adds.

Some ppl likes you ore gen style, even if its not right for that ore type.

And amber is a gem tehnically, even throught its piece of old tree .... very old tree

p.s. /me has tons of amber. GREG ADD WAY TO GET RESIN BACK FROM AMBER!!!! EVEN IF IT WOULD NEED 5K+ TEMPERATURE OF SUN.

p.s.s. even if it would need 10 ^ 7 temp.

• Ok, I changed the amber amount to 5000, for testing. I'm now reassured that amber was spawning. Now I just have to find a suitable number that is not too much as to imbalance GregTech and not too little as to starve ThaumCraft.

(Hey, if there was a way to use Thaumcraft's amber generation with your version of the amber ore block, id be happy.)

• You could also just spawn Amber on a certain Layer, if you make the Range smaller than 5-250, like for example 40-45, you get Amber always at the same Height Level without spamming it everywhere.

GregTech Website