[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Supplying multiple locomotives is a logistic nightmare, considering not every station can be connected to base in my case as item teleporation is prohibitively expensive. And I never was talking about faster chunk loading, rather then suspend player and ridden entity (minecart in this case) needs to be frozen if the chunk in front of them is not loaded and unfrozen when they have chunk loaded. With preserved velocity obviously. This would allow minecarts and player travel in general much faster without having to resort to teleportation. It is especially big issue for me as ore veins are scattered at large distances and for me to get to my only near by bauxite vein takes quite awhile with a top notch gear from thaumcraft. Which I would remove btw, but I have no transporation alternatives which would offer a reasonable time in gameplay department, as pure travel time is a terrible idea, as it just WASTES my time. Considering I traveled quite a few times along that root, so scenery value is zero already.

And just btw, chunks loading should have a better priority system. Chunks towards a velocity of player should be loaded first.

This is a hot topic for me as I spent a ton of resources building my railway network, just to realize that upgrading it to high speed version won't give me noticable speed boost. So entire construction was ultimately pointless as my own travle speed almost matches high speed rails, but I do not require a massive infrastructure to be built first for me.

And I am against any types of early teleporation. So only way to teleport in my set up is a stupidly expensive AE system ( I overhauled recipes so one ME cable would require tungstensteel, helium and some super conductors). Which is ultimate goal for me, but not an easily achievable.

Significant travel time values are fine, for as long as player time not involved with it. RC just needs to be ALOT faster for a gameplay value worth a damn.

On another topic, would anyone be interested in complete retexturing and overhaul of recipes of logistic pipes? I am currently doing it for my pack, but I can share.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr.Terr ().

• You are complaining about your rails not being OP enough, that's what you do.
    Thaumcraft is cancer, to any technical modpack. That's why I left kirara.
    Rails are ok, and unless you play on a potato, even with PFAA chunks load fast enough when using HS rails. Use electric/redstone rails if you do not want to deal with locomotive supplements.
    If you need to travel big distances, build nether railways.

But yeah, sure, go ahead and justify Thaumcraft. That's how you deal with being OP.

• I guess we have different views on gameplay value. I do have railways, and admitively I do have thaumcraft too.
    But currently I stopped doing anything thaumcraft related, as I plan to overhaul it's recipes too as they are stupid cheap.
    Though I am not trying to justify thaumcraft, if anything I plan to remove it eventually.

But back on topic of travel time. It is fine for as long as player time not involved. I do not wish to spend a real minute of my real time just for stupid travel where no player input are required, it might as well just teleport me to next stop, since nothing would change anyway. So thats just wasted time. Thats a problem. Unless my input would somehow be involved in travel using railcraft, then travel time might matter, but it isn't as currently there are no inputs required from player.

Obviously building railway in nether is a good idea to shorten time, but I hate nether portals and fact that you cannot automate trains through it without abusing mechanics in unintended ways. There just should be dedicated railcraft nether portal honestly to fix derpiness of vanila portal.

Also I never had problem with chunk loading speed, that wasn't my complaint as current speed of rails (maxed out in the config) aren't fast enough to catch up with unloaded chunks. But current speed just not sufficient enough for comfortable travel at all. As it to slow for me to reach destination in time which would be acceptable from gameplay perspective.
    In short if player inputs doesn't matter, it should be skipped or be fast enough not to be noticable. And thats precise problem with railcraft, thats everything just to slow. And electric rails also not an option as they lost electric charge over time by them self, making them useless shit. As my routes are particularly long. And thats only usable in base, but existing booster rails cover all this problems by them self, making electric carts an unnecessary over complication.

Also how I can complain them not being OP enough when they ultimately a time waster, which you cannot do anything with if you travel your self. It would be perfectly fine for item transporation though. As that would be fine from gameplay perspective.
    But since they require al ot of manual layering, planning and large amounts of preparations and resources, they just don't pay of for personal travel.

• Inb russian it is calles circular saw - циркулярная пила. I think if you read it fast enough you can summon a demon.

that is nothing ... try fastly read that ->

Code
    1. ^[a-zA-Z]([a-zA-Z0-9-]{0,61}[a-zA-Z0-9])?\.[a-zA-Z]([a-zA-Z0-9-]{0,61}[a-zA-Z0-9])?(\.[a-zA-Z]([a-zA-Z0-9-]{0,61}[a-zA-Z0-9])?)?$

[color=#331100]

[size=10]and that is not that bad example ... its very basic regex actually ...

• not sure if this got ever reported, but your mod seems to cause a stack overflow error together with Project Exchange or ProjectE for short.

there is no crash but this stackoverflow doesn't let me create a world

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9639889/

your fault or projectE fault? who can i blame?

• What version of ProjectE are you using? I'm sure that was fixed a while ago, maybe not with Gregtech though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Trains are awesome, you don't have to hold down the walk Button all the time to travel. You could enter a Minecart (that does not go through the Nether to shorten the distance) and then go to Toilet or something, and you arrive whenever you get back.

Oh, that stackoverflow must be my fault for some reason.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The bigger problem is manual mining. I still hate the concept of haveng to do it manuallyt, because the normal miner is so slow and so useless. I hate it. ANd from manual mining comes stuff you described, about railways being too slow to make mining trips.

BUt I still think that for travel between bases the railway is fun, even if it is not really requesting input.

• More or less like that, but for player-only transportation that uses regular rails.
    It would iterate through the entire railway network and then you choose your destination on a GUI of a station. Travel time would be a second for every 500 rails of distance.

Please tell me this is possible...

• Thats in fact is possible. And would be amazing. I thought of same idea, but you voiced it first.
    Though implementation would be unconventional, but certainly interesting.

• Well the sky is the limit really. That would be connection network solver over minecraft world, obviously it have to be saved and processed separately from normal chunks. As "rail block" would be just in game representative.
    With it would be possible to simulate travel time for non instant travels. But that would cut down on amount of actual chunks in memory as there's actual travel path doesn't have to be loaded, only destination.

• I am

Well the sky is the limit really. That would be connection network solver over minecraft world, obviously it have to be saved and processed separately from normal chunks. As "rail block" would be just in game representative.
    With it would be possible to simulate travel time for non instant travels. But that would cut down on amount of actual chunks in memory as there's actual travel path doesn't have to be loaded, only destination.

I am working on a similar concept for wires as addon for GT right now, for placing owerplants way outside of your base. THe problem is right now to keep a check for wire integrity upon changing, while not having problems with unloaded chunks.

Preventing the user from disassembling the line after estabilishing the first connection.

• Well, network should know where's its nodes(blocks) located. If a block update noticed on location of the node, check if node is valid if not invalidate that branch of a network connection.
    I have worked on problems like that before, though I am currently to busy on the job to work on MC mods.

For optimization sake treat it per chunk so all nodes are saved for chunk this way it is easier to iterate. So nodes would be stored in chunk containers and nodes would belong to a branch of a tree which makes up a network.

Also for resolution memorise completed branches, which still don't have finished connections. So unloaded chunks would still hold data about branches within them, even if they not powered.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr.Terr ().

• Well, network should know where's its nodes(blocks) located. If a block update noticed on location of the node, check if node is valid if not invalidate that branch of a network connection.
    I have worked on problems like that before, though I am currently to busy on the job to work on MC mods.

For optimization sake treat it per chunk so all nodes are saved for chunk this way it is easier to iterate. So nodes would be stored in chunk containers and nodes would belong to a branch of a tree which makes up a network.

Also for resolution memorise completed branches, which still don't have finished connections. So unloaded chunks would still hold data about branches within them, even if they not powered.

or just copy paste ENet code ...