[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• nice change in few last versions....it was 8 wood pulp -> 1 wood plank and now it is 1 -> 1 :)

Wait what? That must be a Bug.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I have been trying to figure out how the Robot Arm is used when it is in the mode of "Grabs in for own slot #0"

I can get the robot arm cover to Output to a specified slot into a chest adjacent to my macerator.

However, I was trying to set the robot arm to Import an item from the chest which is adjacent to the robot arm cover side of my macerator.

I set the robot arm cover to "Grabs in for own slot #0" and place ore in every slot available in a vanilla chest and nothing happens.

I have made sure using the Gregtech scanner that my machine is powered correctly, and I have made sure the robot arm is the correct Low Voltage as the Macerator is, and I have also set the robot arm correctly clicking on it with a bare hand.

What am I missing?

• Grabs In for Own Slot # should refer to Slot # in the machine the Arm is attached to, not for the block the Arm is facing. Have you tried setting Slot #0 to other Slot numbers? (I think a Screwdriver does that somehow, but I haven't messed with Robot Arms lately.)
    Also, how long did you give it, and did you make sure the macerator was powered? LV electric things are really slow.

• Grabs In for Own Slot # should refer to Slot # in the machine the Arm is attached to, not for the block the Arm is facing. ....

Thx for the advice guys :)

UPDATE: Wait, I think I got it. I placed the robot in "Grabs from own Slot#0" mode and the robot is now grabbing the processed ore and putting it into my chest adjacent to the macerator.

Ok. That solves that problem...

I know there is already an item/inventory manager for gregtech. But I'd like to see a robot arm that could GRAB an item from an adjacent inventory from a specific slot#, or first available slot, as well as PLACE the item BACK vice-versa.

The post was edited 1 time, last by chloe ().

• I agree with the sillyness of it not being able to pull from slot # of adjacent inventories, which is a very big deal.

Ideally it would be nice to able to do "pull from slot # of adjacent inventory and insert on slot # of own" use some other tool to reverse, "take from slot # of own inventory and put at slot # of adjacent".

• I agree with the sillyness of it not being able to pull from slot # of adjacent inventories, which is a very big deal.

Ideally it would be nice to able to do "pull from slot # of adjacent inventory and insert on slot # of own" use some other tool to reverse, "take from slot # of own inventory and put at slot # of adjacent".

I take it back: I still can not get the "Grabs from own inventory Slot#" mode to work right. I thought I had it working before, but I was wrong. I had the Auto Eject button pressed in the GUI and it was simply out putting because of that - strangely enough from the robot arm cover ?!?.

Anyway, I am an industrial engineer. I work with PLC and Robotic programming in my job. It makes NO SENSE why you would have a robot arm that could only grab things from its own inventory and not be able to place it where you want it -AND- grab an item from another inventory slot# and put it into its own inventory slot# of your choice. The robot arm should be robust and do BOTH operation on a single robot arm... thats what a real robot arm does! THATS THE PREMIUM of WHY you purchase and use a robot arm in the first place!

This cover is nothing more than an out put port which can place items into an inventory slot#, and as far as I can tell the other mode of the robot arm is not working or has no documentation as to how it works and on which machines it works.

Greg, can you please clarify how the robot arms work and what they work on? I just can't get it.

• Currently it is pull from any slot of adjacent inventory to slot # of own or push from any slot of own inventory to slot # of adjacent.

The first one is not working - "....pull from any slot of adjacent inventory to slot # of own"

Try as I might, I can't get this to do that. Not sure why. I've tried all tiers and on multiple types of machines.

Can someone try it, and let me know if and how they got the Robot Arm Cover to actually PULL an item from an adjacent inventory and place it into a slot# of the block the robot arm is connected to.

• May be slightly off topic but your new video about the Uranium refinery is spectacular. I've added a few of the styles in my processing facility of your 'cylinder' processing modules.

• May be slightly off topic but your new video about the Uranium refinery is spectacular. I've added a few of the styles in my processing facility of your 'cylinder' processing modules.

Thanks! I really enjoyed this build.

Actually, its not too off topic. The refinery features GREGTECH 5 Machines and a snap shot of how they can be built and incorporated into a factory and look amazing doing so. I tried to give the machines a look that makes you feel like your looking at a real machine plugged into the wall. So far, I've had nothing but great comments and many new people asking how to build them and how to use Gregtech!

Check it out here if would like to see it for your self!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSmPZNYDRTk

• As an site note, if you want you can look on an small push i created.
    There are some important points you would have to deactivate (ingots for example).
    Most recipes are set to an "normal" gamesetting.
    Have to do some balancing too, but perhaps i can help you with that.

https://github.com/BakermanLP/ModpackProjectRETv7/pull/193

My main problem is I cannot tell if this is a GT issue or a Minechem one. I *think* greg dynamically creates some fluids on the fly, although under what circumstances, I have no idea.

Other than that I'm not sure how this version addresses my curiosity. I just want to know whose liquid that hydrogen is, and whether there's a way for me to unify it to regular GT hydrogen :)

• Batch2 (FTB):

I've entered the MV and am wondering if there is any particular reason I'd want to build high voltage generators. I can see how they'd save space and not require a transformer. But the fuel efficiency goes down as the voltage increases. Are the benefits of higher tier generators entirely material and space saving or is there something else I'm missing? Because at this stage I don't mind building 4 more LV generators to save on fuel rather than a single MV one.

Suckers. Yay, you reached MV...uh, nothing to see here: modern technology sucks compared to old crappy technology.

Oh, and because everyone really cares (awww), my reply:

You've basically successfully touched on every angle of the topic. I've harassed greg about this for months now; I think I've convinced him he's not 100% correct, but I don't see any changes coming on the horizon. His argument has been that many low-voltage machines incur losses through wires and transformers, which they do, but not nearly enough to offset that inefficiency.

In short, you're right, its usually best to construct "old, crappy technology" instead of "modern technology", especially if you build very compactly. 4 LV generators pointing directly into a transformer is always better than an MV generator.

Congrats on entering MV :)

• I normally use low tier gen and high tier machines with batteries inside. However it needs some recharge time...
    But....With steam, it does not really matter
    Look higher, Naquadah reactors have higher efficiency on higher tiers:)

• My understanding is that the losses in cabling+transforming+materials to go full LV is comparable to the loss in fuel efficiency. Both losses are permanent, but you make up for them by either mining&crafting more or just setting up bigger automatic fuel production. You'll be doing both of those things anyway, but a set-and-forget 2-tiers-too-big fuel system may be a better option depending on your fuel chain.

GT refineries stop using power when pipeline buffers are full. Biofuel only wastes growth ticks in your garden when pipeline buffers are full. Steam burns fuel all the time, even when you aren't using it.

People get hung up on material efficiency, but time efficiency matters too.

• My understanding is that the losses in cabling+transforming+materials to go full LV is comparable to the loss in fuel efficiency.

I'm not actually 100% sure if you're saying this, but if you're saying LV + cabling + transforming is less energy efficient than MV, its been proven (in this thread and elsewhere) that its not really comparable at all. You can get more power into a battery buffer from 4 LVs + transformer, than a single MV. So right now peeps are looking at MV and saying "meh" instead of "woo hoo I just increased my power efficiency by 10%".

Game design fundamental: tradeoffs (such as efficiency for point output) only work for lateral achievements (such as extruder vs lathe).
    For linear achievements (such as LV->MV), "better" in all respects is always, always, always better. Otherwise its just more LAMO than HAYO.

• But that efficiency is somewhere else. Without MV machines, you cannot be efficient. Without HV macerator, you won´t be efficient....and to power these, you can spend tons of materials for LV generators and cabelage and pipes etc....or you get better generator....

You know what? I have PLENTY of energy. I just don't have materials and TIME for waiting, until my batteries are filled by LV.