[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hello. I found the following warning:
    gregtech.log

fml-log

GT info or something more?

P.s. forge 1286, IC 658, GT 5.07.07, wawla 1.1.0

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bogdan-G ().

• What's a good way to charge up my LV drill? Just carry around a machine and battery buffer, or is there a mechanic of charging it via batteries directly that I don't know about?

Doesn't the Batbox work?

• What's a good way to charge up my LV drill? Just carry around a machine and battery buffer, or is there a mechanic of charging it via batteries directly that I don't know about?

If IC² energy packs don't work, there is not a proper remote charging machine other than the battery buffers. If you don't mind some energy loss every charge you can also use IC² storage boxes. Said loss can also be negated if you change the config to not lose energy on wrenching storage boxes.

You could try IHL ACE (click for the mod {IC² addon} link) aswell, its a lil block that carries 10M EU and can be used to charge stuff.

• Here they are

• What should I do if I find a block that I can't break in adventure mode?

Specifically, Railcraft metal posts. The universal spade does work on them, but it makes no progress towards mining them, since they're made of metal.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by immibis ().

• If the (GregTech) tool hits the block but doesn't appear to damage it, the tool's correct but the mining level is too low. The Universal Spade is a Shovel-Saw-Crowbar, so it can be used for a lot of things.

• If the (GregTech) tool hits the block but doesn't appear to damage it, the tool's correct but the mining level is too low. The Universal Spade is a Shovel-Saw-Crowbar, so it can be used for a lot of things.

The highest level material I currently have access to is level 3 (using diamond or thaumium). A diamond universal spade is still unable to break a Railcraft metal post.

I then tested with creative mode. A neutronium universal spade (mining level EIGHT) is still unable to break a Railcraft metal post.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by immibis ().

• ... So I just did some preliminary math on the Large Boilers

Findings:
    The Large Boilers consume 1 Charcoal per second in fuel. Rate of fuel consumption is equivalent across all four Large Boilers.

A fully heated Large Bronze Boiler (heating taking 32 seconds, thus 32 charcoal, producing 253,700 Steam along the way) produces Steam at 800/tick, 16000 per second, thus 16,000 per Charcoal.

The best large boiler, the Large Tungstensteel Boiler, takes 4x as long to heat, but eventually produces Steam at 2000/tick, 40000 per second, thus 40,000 per Charcoal.

This would look pretty good, until you look at the two GregTech single-block boilers.

The Small Coal Boiler, when fully heated, takes 6 minutes to burn 1 piece of Charcoal. 360 seconds * 6 Steam/tick = 43,200 Steam per Charcoal.
    The High Pressure Coal Boiler, when fully heated, takes 2m40s to burn 1 piece of Charcoal. 160s * 15 Steam/tick = 48,000 Steam per Charcoal.

SO:

At full speed, the Large Bronze Boiler consumes fuel 160x as fast as the High Pressure Coal Boiler, while producing steam 53x as fast, at 1/3 fuel efficiency.
    At full speed, the Large Tungstensteel Boiler consumes fuel 160x as fast as the HPCB, while producing steam 133x as fast, at 5/6 fuel efficiency.

So, no matter how good your technology is... you'll never beat High Pressure Coal Boilers for fuel efficiency when burning Coal, Charcoal, or Coal Coke.

(Granted though, 53x speed for 66% reduced efficiency is much better than the GT standard.)

• Greg, stop encouraging lagier set ups! Now I will be forced to build 128 high pressure boilers, just to get that slight addition to efficiency.

• Seems like AE's spatial stuff turns any gt block (cables included) into a .name block when putting them in a cell. No log, I found this on kiraraT. And since I don't think one will ever need to move gt stuff with AE, I'm not willing to get this fixed. I've just pointed out that bug.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• GT and computers...
    What are your experiences? Better to have ComputerCraft or OpenComputers? Or something other? I have GT centered modpack... (and turtles will be disabled probably )

• Seems like AE's spatial stuff turns any gt block (cables included) into a .name block when putting them in a cell. No log, I found this on kiraraT. And since I don't think one will ever need to move gt stuff with AE, I'm not willing to get this fixed. I've just pointed out that bug.

Did you try relogging?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• HanakoCZ
    I am using OpenComputers with my modpack, with recipes which I made, it is rather enjoyable experience. They also can integrate to any GT machine, as OC understands GT API for machines, so it is capable of reading status and content of any machine.

• Recently decided to start playing modded MC again and noticed most mods are now updated for MC 1.7.10, decided assemble new mod pack for 1.7.10 (played 1.6.4 before).

Today tested GregTech mod and noticed loads of new things, but my main concern is that it will become much easier to play. I have noticed that many machines have different tiers, meaning higher the tier - more efficient machine. Is it much easier now or still grindy and hard? In 1.6.4 had plans for ore processing plant - many interconnected machines that in the end produce ingots fast and as efficient as possible. But now with these multi-tier machines i'm afraid this thing becomes obsolete - most likely few high tier machines can do this faster than my processing plant. :( So, how is the difficulty curve, is it easier or harder?