Seriously, I as an end-user don't mind the internals but how I can have fun using this mod.
Gregtech 3, ic2 (non experimental) was superior:
- We had working e-net, no stupid conversion, useless lost
- Wed did not need these broken pipes (yes GT pipes are functionally broken if you need shutters everywhere and even with this it can't even transport enough fluid steam)
- We had wireless power
- We had upgrades and covers for everything
- We had end-game power
- We had item and fluid storages
- We had inter-dimensional transport and energy.
Gregtech 4 brought these pipes, but at that time I had still hope for it to become something better.
We had this broken half-done new IC2 e-net.
Distillery was fixed (at last)
Gregtech 5 brought tons if useless materials.
Killed long distance energy transport
Killed item and fluid storages
Killed end-game power
Did not sigificantly improve piping
Now Gregtech 6 will kill everything you have tried to achieve despite version 5 cuts from version 4.
Is it some kind of social experiment where Greg is betting on how many can still stick to it, or how bad can you make it and still have fans refrain from criticism?
I still wonder if I should fire back an old FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 instance and have fun again.