[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Gallium is listed as by-product of Bauxite Ore... But I can't find what is the process to get it.
    Has someone documented all outcome and process for all standard Gregtech ores?

• Also, how the hell is TE so poorly designed that it registers oredict entries but does not use them?! And how is that not all automatic by design?!

Well you see, I have an item class - https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHCo…h/core/item/ItemBase.java

And it's a very trivial matter to register something as an OreDictionary item, so I do it out of habit.

However, there are these things in Minecraft called recipes. They're registered with the recipe manager. You can give them Itemstacks, or OreDict names, if you use the Forge thing. It's not automatic, you have to code the recipes in.

It's not a design issue, don't be stupid. You are better than that OM, or at least you're supposed to be. There's no fundamental "bad design" at work here, it's simply not using the OreDict recipe handler on things where it only adds to the overhead and lag to use them - i.e., there's only 1 Pyrotheum Dust, there's no point to not directly reference the version in Thermal Foundation.

If anything, the oversight was doing a registration in the first place, as there is no reason whatsoever for Greg to add Pyrotheum. Seriously man, if you like the mats, just have some crossmod compat.

• Well you see, I have an item class - https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHCo…h/core/item/ItemBase.java

And it's a very trivial matter to register something as an OreDictionary item, so I do it out of habit.

You go "Item->OreDict", I go "OreDictPrefix+OreDictMaterial->All Systematic Items->OreDict", I basically cannot reference my Items the way you are doing it. I always have to use the OreDictionary, even for my own Items. The references to my Items are not existant, when I create my OreDict Items they are just a constructor going into the void without any "="-Operator on the left (since the Items do the registration work themselves) so that I don't even get the possibility to make such bad references in Recipes.

However, there are these things in Minecraft called recipes. They're registered with the recipe manager. You can give them Itemstacks, or OreDict names, if you use the Forge thing. It's not automatic, you have to code the recipes in.

My own Recipe Systems only use an ItemStack->Recipe Mapping in combination with OreDict-Unification to decrease the amount of Recipes. If I need to add a Recipe that is not consisting of unificatable Items which has OreDict, I need to do it the oldschool way with my OreDict-Handler catching every registration Event, instead of passing a List, which might be increasing its size later without direct notice (since I would need the OreDict-Handler for that), what would make the HashCodes of my Recipes incomplete, and therefore not work properly, especially when people MineTweaker their OreDict Entries in.

It's not a design issue, don't be stupid. You are better than that OM, or at least you're supposed to be.

So, it is just a good old Bug to accidentially create a very commonly happening design flaw, which I have seen and still see in many Mods?

There's no fundamental "bad design" at work here

Sure, this isn't the Fluid Class still using an ID System, or the Fluid Class using unstable ID based HashCodes fucking up every Recipe System in existence (I think that is maybe even some kind of Java violation), or the FluidStack referencing Fluids by ID->Array instead of a direct Fluid Variable breaking all Clientside Fluid Stacks in the process of synching the IDs from the Server. IDs are only for synchronising things to the Client in a efficient manner, and nothing else. Sync-ID based HashCodes are just terrible and require the constant tearing apart and putting back together of HashMaps. Fluids should have gotten an additional final variable called "hashcode" which is getting assigned with the help of the static variable "hashcodeindex++" what should be called in every invocation of the Fluid Constructor.

Oh wait, this rant was about something else unrelated to the OreDict.

it's simply not using the OreDict recipe handler on things where it only adds to the overhead and lag to use them - i.e., there's only 1 Pyrotheum Dust, there's no point to not directly reference the version in Thermal Foundation.

This is you admitting it is a Design flaw rather than a Bug, so Overmind was right. If you add something to the OreDict, then you should be expecting other people to do it too, even with the most iconic Items of your Mod.

If anything, the oversight was doing a registration in the first place, as there is no reason whatsoever for Greg to add Pyrotheum.

There are reasons to add things like Pyrotheum Dust. For example I add small and tiny Dust Versions of it. Also I add Crates which are filled with 16 Dusts, not to mention I add Storage Blocks which consist out of 9 Dusts, and much more. If the Pyrotheum Dust would be missing for whatever reason, it would make those things uncraftable. Sure you can argument whether the Pyrotheum is being craftable in the first place without TE installed, but I might add Recipes to my own Machines for crafting it in an almost identical way TE does (just with different kind of Machines, which do similar tasks), and such Recipes would be in place even if TE is not installed (even though the Pyrotheum might be useless, people can preproduce it when they expect TE to be installed on their Server).

I always go for maximum freedom to do everything in my Mod. (this may also include the freedom to accidentially blow up your Base when doing things wrong)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• If anything, the oversight was doing a registration in the first place, as there is no reason whatsoever for Greg to add Pyrotheum. Seriously man, if you like the mats, just have some crossmod compat.

You're saying that as if Greg ever intended GregTech to tie in with other mods. Why did you add Copper and Tin, then? Forestry and RailCraft also provide these, so does IC2! If Greg added it, he definitely had a reason to - even if it is to make his version of the dust integrate perfectly with GT.

• okay I don't really know what's the issue with this pyrotheum thing doesn't setting the oredictionary target work anymore or something

BUT WTF HAPPENED TO GREG'S FACE OH MY GOD

Now you see me, now you don't...

• BUT WTF HAPPENED TO GREG'S FACE OH MY GOD

What? I changed my Profile Pic to be more like my Logo. :D

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• You look like that villain from Sonic

Robotnik* :c ;(

Also known as Dr. Eggman. He was way more awesome in the times he was called Eggman in the later western Variants (he was never called Robotnik in Japan).

GregTech Website

• He is still an awesome Villain. It is really hard to compete against him on a scale of awesome Villains. Of all the Villains I know, only Blackbeard from One Piece could get close to him. Ba'al from Stargate would be on place 3.

GregTech Website

• I like the fact that they are giving him a "Not So Harmless Vilain" vibe in the more recent games, especially in Sonic Lost World.
    I wouldn't put it in my list though, because of him being somewhat affable. I love to hate the villains I encounter and I don't really hate Eggman, so...

However, the one video game villain I REALLY hated was Lord Arktivus Brevon, from Freedom Planet. Top villain in my list, and it was satisfying as hell to give him what he deserved.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• There's no fundamental "bad design" at work here
    Sure, this isn't the Fluid Class still using an ID System, or the Fluid Class using unstable ID based HashCodes fucking up every Recipe System in existence (I think that is maybe even some kind of Java violation), or the FluidStack referencing Fluids by ID->Array instead of a direct Fluid Variable breaking all Clientside Fluid Stacks in the process of synching the IDs from the Server. IDs are only for synchronising things to the Client in a efficient manner, and nothing else. Sync-ID based HashCodes are just terrible and require the constant tearing apart and putting back together of HashMaps. Fluids should have gotten an additional final variable called "hashcode" which is getting assigned with the help of the static variable "hashcodeindex++" what should be called in every invocation of the Fluid Constructor.

I'll remove what I said before for the sake of not being rude. I have way too much going on IRL and there's no need for it to spill over. Suffice it to say it's not quite as bad as you're implying. However, I'm willing to look into a rewrite of it, but god knows when that's happening as none of the decent mods are going to 1.8. Can we throw it into 1.7 without upsetting the order of things? Let me check.

• He is still an awesome Villain. It is really hard to compete against him on a scale of awesome Villains. Of all the Villains I know, only Blackbeard from One Piece could get close to him. Ba'al from Stargate would be on place 3.

I always thought it was bad ass that there was a removed level from Sonic 2 called Genocide City Zone

• Greg, why are your large explosions so.... square?
    http://puu.sh/gOqkd/db132cabb3.jpg

The only spherical explosion I ever saw was with the ic2 nuke. Have you ever summon a fireball with a blast radius of 32, or blew up a bunch of tntcarts at once in the same place? Go test that, it's because of vanilla

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• The only spherical explosion I ever saw was with the ic2 nuke. Have you ever summon a fireball with a blast radius of 32, or blew up a bunch of tntcarts at once in the same place? Go test that, it's because of vanilla

Then clearly we need to convince Greg to use IC2 explosion code.