[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• 145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Since making the sense does not make much sense, what about buffing it based on level?
    Lvl 1 sense harvests 3x3 , lvl 2 5x5, lvl 3 7x7 , lvl 4 9x9 ... and reduce damage the harvest does to the tool by 2 or 4.

• Would like to know. In version 1.6.4 I have successfully Kraft industrial grinder, but the transition to version 1.7.10, in particular version 6.00.29 gregtech, I can not find a recipe or anything resembling industrial grinder.
    Use nei 1.0.4.95 and neiaddon 1.12.5.17. Forge 1291.
    It is simply removed from mods? Or as it is to craft?

Also, as the centrifuge is pumped helium?
    When processing endstone it has nowhere to go, and in fact it is necessary for fusion.

sorry for my english

The post was edited 1 time, last by Morlock ().

• Would like to know. In version 1.6.4 I have successfully Kraft industrial grinder, but the transition to version 1.7.10, in particular version 6.00.29 gregtech, I can not find a recipe or anything resembling industrial grinder.
    Use nei 1.0.4.95 and neiaddon 1.12.5.17. Forge 1291.
    It is simply removed from mods? Or as it is to craft?

GT5 switched to a model of using multiple smaller machines to process ore, so you'd typically do pulverization -> ore washing or chemical bath -> (pulverization -> centrifuge) or sifter. See http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregT…sing#Late_game_processing for more info.
    GT6 barely has any machines, and you're only the bazillionth person to ask about machines in GT6, therefore I hate you and you should go jump off a cliff.

• don't be so rude. some people just apparently cannot follow the very simple rule of reading AT LEAST the last 2-3 pages of a thread before posting. It's a universal law, i think.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• What do you mean with "swiping my Textures"?

Do you mean that you wanna have two different GT Versions just for a Texture Pack of some sort? Because it does sound a bit like that.

Nope, rather I am experimenting with some rendering tests and I need textures and my artistry skills leave a lot to be desired even for simple tests. ^.^

• Nope, rather I am experimenting with some rendering tests and I need textures and my artistry skills leave a lot to be desired even for simple tests. ^.^

If it is just rendering Tests, then why do you ask for stealing my Textures?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I just noticed how incredibly similar Greg's current icon looks compared to Eggman/Robotnik....

Greg's just looks vaguely more soviet.

The more I think about this, the more amusing it becomes.

In other questions:
    Greg! Will you be implementing some sort of blow-off-cap or pressure relief valve or emergency shutdown system for your boilers to prevent explosions? I ask because these not only exist and are standard IRL, they're an abject legal requirement, at least in my country. You can't have ANYTHING that generates steam in an enclosed tank or pipe without a number of regularly placed pressure regulation and relief systems to prevent explosions. It makes them expensive and fidgety to maintain IRL, but I wouldn't have it any other way, because that would be stupid. Like, light-a-match-to-see-inside-a-gasoline-tanker stupid.
    IRL, depending on the system in particular, they may consist of a semi-tight fitting pipe end 'cap' that blows off in emergency pressures, valves with rubber in them that are air-tight closed normally but above certain approximate pressures (usually ~150 PSI in my experience) they are forced open to vent excess pressure, or hysterostats that throttle down and turn off the boiler until pressure has gotten below a certain safe point for a while.

At the VERY least, I hope you plan to have a new type of pipe that can be (pipe?) wrenched to open a valve and vent/drain steam or other gasses and fluids, but specifically and mostly steam, because seriously, has anyone, anywhere IRL ever built a steam system with no means of depressurizing it safely?! And if they did, where can I send their Darwin award?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 4 times, last by axlegear ().

• Finally someone who at least posted the right Image when comparing my Logo with the Eggman one.

Greg! Will you be implementing some sort of blow-off-cap or pressure relief valve or emergency shutdown system for your boilers to prevent explosions? I ask because these not only exist and are standard IRL, they're an abject legal requirement, at least in my country.

Sure they are required to be done properly in almost every country, but this is Minecraft, the land of infinite explodibilities.

You can't have ANYTHING that generates steam in an enclosed tank or pipe without a number of regularly placed pressure regulation and relief systems to prevent explosions. It makes them expensive and fidgety to maintain IRL, but I wouldn't have it any other way, because that would be stupid.

Did you notice how I did not even add Pipes of some sort? Those would usually explode far before a Boiler made of the same Material explodes, and they are subject to receiving valves.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Your answer confuses me.

Are you saying you seriously are not going to implement or allow any safety mechanics at all, not even a way to safely depressurize? I'm confused.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Oh, of course. I know they're not in YET, I was asking if there were PLANS to have those things.

People like sneak peeks, yanno?

Quoted from "zorn":

• https://github.com/ForestryMC/…71#commitcomment-10699792

It is always someone's fault, preferably the other dev/project.

Finally, it is also always fail on end-users, dealing with these crap wars about:
    - My code is better than everyone else's.
    - The other one is bad, so deal with it.
    - Don't use the other project, or don't use my superior project.

Greg, if you are not willing to update GT5 to newer Forge versions.
    Why not opensource your older versions and allow volunteer skilled devs porting and expanding older GregTech versions?
    Give it an OSS licence of your choice. Upload to Github. Let anyone fork.

• My Backup System always backs up the latest Version of GT and overwrites the old one. Guess what happened to GT5. Once you go Backup you will never go back.

And why do you want to update any Mod in a GT5 Pack? Railcraft Compat is broken due to Name changes, meaning you cannot update that one, then why update Forestry?

A few reasons, I always ask, it is public, and it may grow over time. :-)

You can go for it if it is for testing. But you will need new Textures once it becomes popular.

GregTech Website

• My Backup System always backs up the latest Version of GT and overwrites the old one. Guess what happened to GT5. Once you go Backup you will never go back.

And why do you want to update any Mod in a GT5 Pack? Railcraft Compat is broken due to Name changes, meaning you cannot update that one, then why update Forestry?

Would you be okay with people decompiling GT5, fixing it, and then releasing the fixed version here?
    That way they'd be able to fix the fluid issue and the railcraft compat.

• Would you be okay with people decompiling GT5, fixing it, and then releasing the fixed version here?
    That way they'd be able to fix the fluid issue and the railcraft compat.

You mean like mistaqur did with GT ages ago? Sure, go for it.

GregTech Website