[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Dear reader. With Gregtech I can't seem to craft solar panels from IC2. Solar panels from IC2 are required to craft some blocks in the IC2 addon AdvancedSolars. Do you think that I should remove AdvancedSolars, or what do you think that I should do?

• You should freaking wait until Gregtech is out of alpha and actually playable.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Dear reader. With Gregtech I can't seem to craft solar panels from IC2. Solar panels from IC2 are required to craft some blocks in the IC2 addon AdvancedSolars. Do you think that I should remove AdvancedSolars, or what do you think that I should do?

If you mean the "8 Panels around Transformer = one 8x Panel" Mod, then just enable the Overpowered Solar Panels in the GT Config, so you can craft the GT Variant of them.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Nope, I think that that mod is called CompactSolars. Here is a link to the mod I thought of: [Addon for MC 1.7.10 IC EXP] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets ![SSP/SMP]
    But thanks anyways!

According to http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Solar_Panel_%28GregTech%29, the GregTech solar panels (in GT5, at least) already have similar functionality to advanced solar panels (except for that quantum panel that iirc delivers 1/2 power at night instead of 1/8 power)

• Somewhat. There is a small difference between advanced solars and compact (Greg) solars.

The former uses small-medium quantities of uncommon-rare materials to produce high output solars.
    The latter uses high-huge quantities of cheap-common materials to produce high output solars.

• Somewhat. There is a small difference between advanced solars and compact (Greg) solars.

The former uses small-medium quantities of uncommon-rare materials to produce high output solars.
    The latter uses high-huge quantities of cheap-common materials to produce high output solars.

That's always been the thing with Compact Solars vs Advanced Solars. Compact Solars have always been literally just a bunch of solar panels compressed into 1 block. Advanced Solars have always been cheaper individually but required tech tree advancement to craft (which meant that once you got into late game you could mass-produce incredibly powerful solars).
    As for the partial power at night, that was an Advanced Solars feature, but Greg decided to throw it in for his compact solar covers.

• Is that true of just vanilla GT5? Because I never seemed to get anything at night, though that may have been a design efficiency issue.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• They will output 1A 1V every 8 ticks. Use a red alloy cable.

Check my solar square design many pages back (search "solar flower" or "solar tower")
    I do remember it working at night aswell.

• Huh, guess i'm just unlucky or design badly! I never seemed to get anything out of my 1v, 8v, or 32v cells. But high loss may explain it. That or just limited capacity, since they were often in-line.

Will remember that if I ever GT5 again.. which it's starting to look more and more tempting rather than continuing the GT6 wait.

Quoted from "zorn":

• FIrst patreon in minecraft modding, now bethesda introduces paid mods. I wonder when minecraft mods will get paid, too. Greg, pls, stay the way you are, the only fucking light in the fucking 12 yr old imbeciles with mommas credit cars shithole. I fucking believe in ya.