[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greg, is there a way to see by which material a coin has been made ?
    NEI only mentions "Coin" for all of them, and you can't find them in the creative menu.

I would guess every material distinctively alters the texture of the coin? aka look at the texture?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• F3+H

I can't believe you don't know this already.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey Greg,
    can you add that the double axe will take down 2x2 trees? It should still take the same durability and slowness to chop, just save on having to chop 4 times. In my opinion it gives us more of a reason to make them rather than regular flint axes all the time.

• possible bug or mod interaction problem

I attempted to hook up a forestry squeezer to a GT6 steam engine with BC kinesis pipes , wooden and wooden to stone, and they showed they wher connected but power wasn't conveyed to the machine. if I hooked it up straight everything works fine.

• I wonder who originally made this seemingly true Rule I see everywhere on the Forums.

I have no idea, I can't recall who wrote this rule. If only I could have saved it somewhere.
    Obvious troll is obvious

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I attempted to hook up a forestry squeezer to a GT6 steam engine with BC kinesis pipes , wooden and wooden to stone, and they showed they wher connected but power wasn't conveyed to the machine. if I hooked it up straight everything works fine.

Do the Kinesis Pipes just not work in general, or does it not work if the Kinesis Pipes are connected to a Forestry thing?

Hey Greg,
    can you add that the double axe will take down 2x2 trees? It should still take the same durability and slowness to chop, just save on having to chop 4 times.

If it actually did that then it would waste a lot of durability since the durability lost increases per Log chopped. Also it now takes ages to chop down a Tree using an Axe. In case of large Trees you would be faster to chop them manually than to chop them with this slower Function.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• unless BC changed the way they visualize power after changing to RF it show no power going thew, building-up in the pipe, i will test with BC machine and pipes and get back to you

Edit

ok I guess this is a BC or forestry issue, the pipes do power a BC assembly laser with your engine, so sorry about bugging you with it.

• I have a question, that has probably been answered, though I've used search on multiple different terms and did not found an answer.

Is there a way to make Gregtech work unintrusively? I mean, without overriding any existing stuff/recipes in any existing mod or vanilla. So GT would only ADD things, NOT REPLACE or remove. Is it possible? If not, why not?

If there's already a solid answer to this question, please, point a link, I would be grateful. Thanks.

• I have a question, that has probably been answered, though I've used search on multiple different terms and did not found an answer.

Is there a way to make Gregtech work [b]unintrusively

? I mean, without overriding any existing stuff/recipes in any existing mod or vanilla. So GT would only ADD things, NOT REPLACE or remove. Is it possible? If not, why not?

If there's already a solid answer to this question, please, point a link, I would be grateful. Thanks.

[/b]

look in the Gregtech configs, you can change most, if not all the things he changes. as for Why he does it, my best answer is to give the game a reason to explore, not just spawn in and settle. Also to lengthen the time it takes to get to End Game material. In vanilla, most can have full diamond armor and tools, potions, in a few hours. With gregtech it can take days, or longer, depending on your play style. Gregtech is not a passive mod like most, that can be taken or leaven depending on the pack your playing with, it is a central mod that packs should be built on.

• I'm not sure if this bug comes from GregTech or Custom NPC, but I'm going to post it there.

GT coins change their colors when you display them in a Custom NPC Trader GUI.
    It seems to pick one color from coins in your inventory, and if you grab a stack of coins of a different color, it changes the colors on the GUI as well.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• I'm not sure if this bug comes from GregTech or Custom NPC, but I'm going to post it there.

GT coins change their colors when you display them in a Custom NPC Trader GUI.
    It seems to pick one color from coins in your inventory, and if you grab a stack of coins of a different color, it changes the colors on the GUI as well.

Custom NPC Bug, and I know exactly how it happens. It takes the NBT of the last rendered Coin ("last" as in "last before doing the GUI Coins") instead of rendering the Coins properly, BECAUSE the Coins rendered in that GUI are NBT-less. If those Coins had an NBT they would render properly, but right now they only take the cardinal TileEntity (which is used for Item Render) to do it since there is no other NBT to set Values. And the cardinal TileEntity always saves the NBT of the last render process (like OpenGL does if you forget resetting things).

So just tell them to add the NBT to that GUI and you are fine.

GregTech Website

• look in the Gregtech configs, you can change most, if not all the things he changes. as for Why he does it, my best answer is to give the game a reason to explore, not just spawn in and settle. Also to lengthen the time it takes to get to End Game material. In vanilla, most can have full diamond armor and tools, potions, in a few hours. With gregtech it can take days, or longer, depending on your play style. Gregtech is not a passive mod like most, that can be taken or leaven depending on the pack your playing with, it is a central mod that packs should be built on.

Well, most != all, and it's quite scattered. I don't understand, was it so hard to add a single option "be less intrusive", in one place?..

bear989, I understand the reasoning behind the GT in whole. I understand why was it made the way it's made. But there are far more than two kinds of people (who wants GT and who doesn't). There's people who likes what GT ADDS to the game, but want to keep their existing experience intact. I like GT. I really like how it adds a tech span to the game, extending it for weeks. But what I don't like, is that it's ruining the familiar flow for the new people. For those who would like to get to GT step by step. Instead, GT is hammering them with a hammer to the head right from the start. Learning curve? Meh, **ck it. <- THAT is what I don't like about GT.

Having an option to "add, not destroy/replace/remove" would be a very needed one.

• GregoriusT : may address my question directly to you, please? Is there a single option (or what are the multiple options) to make GT non-destructive, as described? If not, may we know the reason?

• Learning curve? Meh, **ck it. <- THAT is what I don't like about GT.

It is more of a learning Spike than a Curve, once you got through that Spike you understand everything without having to learn anything new.

Having an option to "add, not destroy/replace/remove" would be a very needed one.

Then please tell me about those intrusive behaviours you would like to get rid of. List each of them very precisely. And don't start with some vanilla things requiring Tools to be crafted, that one can be turned off in the Config easily.

GregTech Website