[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• RE:Gems/Dust
    I'm assuming we will get an Autoclave or an Implosion Compressor (or at least something to fill those roles) back at some point before the end of the year

• If you don't use an electric heater (and have some redstonery), sensors won't save your crucible.

Electric heater? (slowpoke face). I should be more attentive...

"Nevermore!" - thus quoth the raven.

• Just a question Greg, shouldn't "Weight" be actually "Mass" in the tooltip ? I am not sure of the translation, but if I'm correct, "Masse" in french is mass in english and it's in Kg, and "Poids" ( which btw is often mistaken/abused with mass in French ), the equivalent of the word weight in english and is in Newton ?

Well, seems that my msg was overflooded, my question is, am I right or no ?

• Weight and Mass are the same technically. At least when you have a constant Gravity. Why else would a scale display the weight of something in kilos?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• though technically there is no constant gravity. but it is constant-ish enough on earth, so nobody cares.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Weight and Mass are the same technically.

That's wrong.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight
    If something falling from anywhere it have less weight. In space on Earth orbit items have no weight at all. Your own weight is different while you start and stop moving in elevator.
    But mass is constant for any item (while it moving speed is far from speed of light).

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• I smell a nerd-war brewing. I better go get my Klingon battle-garb and Bat'leth and call in some Shofixti bodyguards with Mendōkusai Energy Darts. Just in case.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• True, but with GregTech, you probably will be only on Earth-like planet, so no gravity changes....
    THEN you will add Galacticraft and travel to Orbit to smelt items here and......all the tooltips will be wrong xD

• I smell a nerd-war brewing. I better go get my Klingon battle-garb and Bat'leth and call in some Shofixti bodyguards with Mendōkusai Energy Darts. Just in case.

Shofixti...im impressed.

#GamesIveWon

• Shofixti...im impressed.

#GamesIveWon

Yes. They are everywhere.

#GamesIveDestroyed
    #IFuckingLoveShofixti

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• weight and mass are different because they measure two completely different things. weight is a force, mass is a measurement of the amount of material that makes up an object. when it comes to doing actual physics, this is a VERY important distinction.

also, the reason that your scale measures in kilos is because metric sucks. at least here in 'murica our scales report units of force ;P

• well, in earth orbit, there's still relatively high gravity, but there is no relative accelleration to the frame of reference(on the surface, it's, well, the surface, in orbit, ti's the spacecraft with which you got there, which is moving in an almost identical orbit with you).

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• also, the reason that your scale measures in kilos is because metric sucks. at least here in 'murica our scales report units of force ;P

With our System we can measure things in Barnyards without getting problems with SI Units. Go tell that to your imperial System.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Weight and Mass are the same technically. At least when you have a constant Gravity. Why else would a scale display the weight of something in kilos?

From what I understood with the wikipedia links, I was right, and Greg, for "YEAH SCIENCE" sake, NO NO NO, mass != weight, mass is in kilograms and is for knowing the quantity of matter, weight is F = M*A = With M being mass and A being the "constant" g ( not really constant, can be from 9.7 to 10 m*s^2 if I'm correct but it's negligible ) so yeah ^.^

• I can't say I have ever had to measure something in a barnyard. do you people in germany still live on farms? :P while metric is a lot better for math and science, imperial is a lot more practical for everyday use. 0F is about as cold as it gets in a temperate cliimate, while 100F is about as hot as it gets. and a 6 foot man is very tall, a 4 foot man is very short, and anybody with a 5 foot something is average.
    not that it is important, since everybody eats our burgers :P

• It is weight because Steve measures it with his bare Hands, :P

Edit: Yeah sure those Burgers invented by Germans. And Fahrenheit is using the melting point of Salty Water as a base, which is very "precise".

And 295 Kelvin is the perfect point of temperature to measure heat/coldness for Humans according to feeling. Fahrenheit has that about 283 Kelvin what is damn cold.

GregTech Website

The post was edited 1 time, last by GregoriusT ().

• then why does it report the same in galacticraft planets? also, force has nothing to do with how fast something heats up. your physics are wrong and you should be ashamed

• I can't say I have ever had to measure something in a barnyard. do you people in germany still live on farms? :P while metric is a lot better for math and science, imperial is a lot more practical for everyday use. 0F is about as cold as it gets in a temperate cliimate, while 100F is about as hot as it gets. and a 6 foot man is very tall, a 4 foot man is very short, and anybody with a 5 foot something is average.
    not that it is important, since everybody eats our burgers :P

I live in America. My state's high is 112F and low is -14F. In my previous state, the low was -29F.
    I am 6'6".

Sorry, but US Imperial units are just plain retarded.
    So is Celsius. Kelvin really is what's sensible.

Quoted from "zorn":