[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• But it's not needed!
    Gregtech is mod which we all love for it's realism and challenging tasks.
    Gregtech is mod which can be played by itself - there no need in additionals.
    So why support fantasy mods?

because a) greg wants to, and b), because quite a few people like to play with other mods, too, at the same time.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Arwerious
    Because Greg likes to play with ThaumCraft, also it meant for other people who may wish to integrate and minetweak other fantasy mods to work better with GregTech, or use fancy new materials for something.

Ok, i understood that i will not see a satisfying answer from anyone except Gregorius so i will wait for his respond.

• If all of the above reasons are not enough I will add OCD as one :P

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• If all of the above reasons are not enough I will add OCD as one :P

There is 3 more question:
    2)Could you tell us what plans do you have on machines in general?
    Like what would be there and what not: oil cracking? chemical synthesis? Soil analyze?
    3)I've seen glass tubes - does it mean that there would be some kind of chemical reaction system or something along those lines?
    4)I've spotted a book which contains text about programming syntax - does it mean that you plan to add some kind of programmable controller?

4)I've spotted a book which contains text about programming syntax - does it mean that you plan to add some kind of programmable controller?

Oh no Greg, don't you disappear too!
    Last time someone on this forum though of adding in game programmable controllers was Alblaka, and now he disappeared!
    Don't you succumb to Alblaka curse too!

• How to use a kinetic power that steam engine generates? For example, i have working a steam engine. I place a crusher to front tale of the engine. But do not work the crusher. It use kinetic power.

• There is 3 more question:
    2)Could you tell us what plans do you have on machines in general?

look at the machines we already have and at the machines that were in GT5. Now guess what happens next. ;)

3)I've seen glass tubes - does it mean that there would be some kind of chemical reaction system or something along those lines?

Those are for some sciency feature I intended to add later.

Oh no Greg, don't you disappear too!
    Last time someone on this forum though of adding in game programmable controllers was Alblaka, and now he disappeared!
    Don't you succumb to Alblaka curse too!

That one Book was in there since GT5 times. It is at least a year old. And I will not disappear! Seriously, GT is currently the only productive thing I do in life, and I won't stop doing what I like to do, especially not by "vanishing very rudely out of existence without any mention".

I place a crusher to front tale of the engine. But do not work the crusher. It use kinetic power.

Is the Energy Output facing the Energy Input of the Crusher?, also is the Engine supplying enough Power? Not that you got the power Tier wrong.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Suggestion: If you put a block in front of a burning box, the fire inside goes out due to a lack of oxygen.

That is already the case.

GregTech Website

• hint hint, cough cough ore washer? cough

Perhaps a water sifter, like TFC's block for finding ore in gravel/sand, except to clean ore, maybe using ~1 L (distilled) water per tick, for ~20 seconds (400 ticks) per process (at ~75-90% efficiency).
    Also possibly have it multi-block, i.e. the more sections you add the longer(/more water) it takes and the more you get from it.

Additionally, "hint hint, cough cough GT water distiller cough". (Or GT recipe for IC2 solar distiller)

• Perhaps a water sifter, like TFC's block for finding ore in gravel/sand, except to clean ore, maybe using ~1 L (distilled) water per tick, for ~20 seconds (400 ticks) per process (at ~75-90% efficiency).
    Also possibly have it multi-block, i.e. the more sections you add the longer(/more water) it takes and the more you get from it.

Additionally, "hint hint, cough cough GT water distiller cough". (Or GT recipe for IC2 solar distiller)

cough cough hint how about bonfire then(to get rid of stone furnaces) cough cough

• You could create a makeshift water distiller with a Boiler and a Steam Engine lol. But yeah, a Distillery is planned, especially for potions and stuff.

GregTech Website

• Hello GregoriusT.
    I've got two questions:
    1. Should rubber trees give out "molten.latex" instead of "rubbertreesap" in a name of unification? If they should, then in what amount (per 1/2 day for fully enlighten tree)?
    2. Gladly, BloodAsp agreed to take pentlandite and chalcopyrite processing branch from IHL and implement it into GT5. A code for a same processes for GT6 is still remains in IHL. Would you like, in time of creating some chemical processors, implement more or less lookalike process in GT6? Or you would add some features, which would make those recipe additions completely useless?
    Shortly - should i keep pentlandite and chalcopyrite processing branch in IHL?

• Hello GregoriusT.
    I've got two questions:
    1. Should rubber trees give out "molten.latex" instead of "rubbertreesap" in a name of unification? If they should, then in what amount (per 1/2 day for fully enlighten tree)?

Maybe you should just add a rubbertreesap=>rubber Recipe for the coagulator (so that people can disable/change just that recipe and not normal processing). While I'm not that well versed with your rubber processing, I think you will probably get the balance right.

Shortly - should i keep pentlandite and chalcopyrite processing branch in IHL?

You should keep it for now. I don't know when I will do things, but I will do a lot of things.

GregTech Website

• I finally bought minecraft. I should have done after Alpha, when it was priced around 5$, not now with 25$ price tag.

So, hi. Greg, how ure doing?

So, now the boring part. I myself found, that after rushing through Gregtech and Ic2 and somewhere near the fusion stuff, I find myself pretty broken. Not the first time already. Why would I want to go further? Really strong points before - were to get into highest tier of processing. Fast ore macerating, siphoning, mass produce something, build some brain-scratching multiblock stuff, get some really cool tools. But after that is mostly done - I feel like I have completed the game and I have nowhere to go and really nothing to do, maybe some gold ocean swimming or stuff like that. I ve done fusion several times to discover that I really dont need it for both power and resource generating - it doesnt change my gameplay in any way sighnificant, compared to, for example, getting steel.
    I have no real suggestions for this one (and I play GT5 if that matters), but really. GT probably need some Super Sayan God and Super Sayan God Super Sayan level stuff and more of this stuff. so it wouldnt feel like I waste time on fusion to get item 1,2,3 and thats it.

No, I really mean that I like climbing to the top process, but gregtech is so strongly focused on getting to the top, that when you are there you feel like there is nothing more to do, you can close the game and do something else

• Most games with tech progression suffer from that problem, the way you work around it is make every achivement harder to get, but can get tedious if just shear grinding is involved.
    Adding super god level items, wouldn't make sense for GT, as it is grounded in reality(more or less), and god tier items would stand out to much.
    However GT does need something (In GT5) after fusion, but that can be balanced out with other mods, to which you can dedicate your time, so you don't get stuck on same thing and can do something else.

• i absolutlly agree with you and so there are lots of other mods to have fun with

like civilization or millenaire mod to build your city,empire if you are into dungeon you can have fun with chocolate quest mod and such

and there are even a mod that you can marry a npc and have child if you look for mod you will realize there are many way to get fun in minecraft

minecraft is not all for tech stuff you know...