[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I'd like to tidy it up sometime, maybe over Xmas...
    It doesn't have all the crucibles or materials or conversions entered into it, though they should be addable if you want one it doesn't have.
    On that note, don't assume it will warn you of all possible conversions that you might do accidentally, since it doesn't know them all. Check yourself.

There seems to be a problem shown in a 'Magnetite->Steel' page, it shows that even with 5000000 coal in an Invar burning box a ceramic crucible will not melt.

• ummm, do you have custom ore gen installed, or something. there are small ores all over but there 1 here and there, that drop either crushed or dust, not the ore it's self. and unless you have another mod adding regular style veins of ore they should still be in the large 3x3 chunk style veins with a mix of 3 or 4 ores per vein.

My only mods are fastcraft, Gregtech 6, CodeChickencore, NEI, and IC2, all 1.7.10 version. I can upload video showing the world gen.

• Are there any good ways for complete automation of the crucible smelting? Has anybody a tutorial for that?

• Are there any good ways for complete automation of the crucible smelting? Has anybody a tutorial for that?

Check the images below.

For auto-alloying steel (so no iron comes out when it's too cold) or others:
    Create 2 temperature sensors. One to read the temperature and one to output a signal when it's warm enough to shut off a batbox.
    Have a batbox power a LV heater(you can use a MV heater with a CESU I think as well), put a switch on the block below to be able to turn it off.
    Have 2 hoppers: one above the crucible and underneath the mold leading to a chest.
    Use redstone or GT red alloy wire from the temperature sensor that is set to > mode to the batbox, if using red alloy wire wiring it from above doesn't obstruct the buttons.
    To make the mold not auto-eject the current plate/ingot you can wire a redstone not port(a redstone torch) from the sensor to the mold hopper, that way if the temperature is too low the current item will remain in the mold until the temperature is right.

To use it fill the hopper above with a multiple of carbon sources and iron dusts, and only place the mold(on auto with the monkey wrench) until the temperature is hot enough.

• There seems to be a problem shown in a 'Magnetite->Steel' page, it shows that even with 5000000 coal in an Invar burning box a ceramic crucible will not melt.

Looks like you figured this out yourself - I hadn't anticipated people wanting more than 4 stages of conversion at once, the answer was indeed to extend it to a 5th stage. I tidied up the extension to note it's the fifth one and the status box to use the fifth stage temperature.

• Greg, Isn't Bismuth and Black Bronzes supposed to be in the "any bronze" ODs? Because their long rods are not in the "stickLongAnyBronze" OD.

And where can I, or others find the colors you use for your materials? I would like to know the RGB for:
    Wood
    Bronze
    Steel
    Invar
    Titanium
    Tungsten
    Tungsten-steel

• Unless Greg has changed them for GT6, you can download Blood Asp's GT5u source code and look in Materials.java to find the RGB values.

• Just look into gregapi.data.MT.java

All the Information is available via my API. Only the very specific implementations and registrations are not in it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey Greg will you let us apply banners for machines / pipes in 1.9? Yes I know, it's not going to happen soon. But I got this idea.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Dude, WATER is literally null there. that is not fixable on my side.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Could not create fluid stack for null fluid Water

I wonder if Minecraft will ever cease to impress me with its strange, mysterious, and mind-blowing errors.

• Too bad, I still expect you to handle that error. :D

How? GT needs Water to function in many Recipes and Boilers.

Could not create fluid stack for null fluid Water

I wonder if Minecraft will ever cease to impress me with its strange, mysterious, and mind-blowing errors.

That is Forge, and the Error is completely Legit.

GregTech Website