[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• GRAG

We are little disapointed with new scissors xD They do no damage when you run around with them in hand, nor they can shave players, cows nor pigs. We were expecting more damage from GregTech thingie :D

Like in real life, Scissors dont do damage unless you hit somebody with them, or stumple and hit yourself with them.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Like in real life, Scissors dont do damage unless you hit somebody with them, or stumple and hit yourself with them.

Is there going to be a random chance of taking damage if you run off the edge of a block holding scissors now then? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You need to make Roll Bender. This is GregTech, you need to use GregTech machines. GregTech disables other mods recipes quite often to get better balance with GT machines.

but it will be lot easyier if nei receipe show up for the rollbender

• Is there going to be a random chance of taking damage if you run off the edge of a block holding scissors now then? :P

I think it would make more sense for them to amplify falling damage

• Is it ok that copper plate from ic2 and regular copper plate have different recipes and are not compatible with each other?

They ARE compatible with each other. Also "regular copper plate"? You mean the one from Railcraft?

sometimes i can break machine blocks using my bare fists

Please tell me details instead of just leaving a small comment.

I think it would make more sense for them to amplify falling damage

Yup. XD

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Could someone help me figure out how to make our *first* iron? I've mined banded iron ore and Brown Limonite, but I don't have a cauldron or a bucket to process the ores -- both of those seemingly essential tools need iron themselves to be made. How do I get my first iron to make a bucket and cauldron so I can process the banded iron? Am i just supposed to farm zombies and look for cauldrons/buckets/ingots in villages? I know greg says there's no tech loops, so I feel like I'm missing something. I've been stuck at this step for quite a while, in fact.

• are the ratios the same as if the ore is washed? NEI's not showing any smelting recipes for impure limonite dust / impure banded iron dust / impure magentite dust. I tried substituting the impure dusts and followed the "clean" dust recipe in the crucible, but it didn't work. (i.e. i put in 4 impure yellow limonite dust and 1 dark ashes and melted it, but it woudln't pour into the mold when i clicked on it).

thanks!

• They ARE compatible with each other. Also "regular copper plate"? You mean the one from Railcraft?

Please tell me details instead of just leaving a small comment.

Yup. XD

i don't know exactly why but sometime stuff like machines and crucible can be breakable with fist

those normally cannot be destroyed without right tools

and i figured out when it happens the right tools break faster than before

so basically if this bug happens you can mine machines with fists and with tool it makes faster

ps. i found it happans to pistons too idk why did i do something wrong?

ps2 i found that it happans after using right tools it happens to everything now
    like this : use the right tool to breaks a block and place again and hit it with fist it breaks the block as if i am using the tool

The post was edited 1 time, last by doswls1 ().

• Bug: When you right-click a sandstone block onto the empty grinder and right-click a block of sandstone again it just eats the block without extending the durability of the grinder.

• nvm it's the factorization mod that cause the bug

• Bug: When you right-click a sandstone block onto the empty grinder and right-click a block of sandstone again it just eats the block without extending the durability of the grinder.

Fixed.

nvm it's the factorization mod that cause the bug

How the fuck does it cause that bug?

GregTech Website

• How the fuck does it cause that bug?

The last 6 blocks you place Factorisation allows you to break back by setting the hardness to punchable with a fist. It also silk touches them if you shift-rightclick as you break it, but not that that helps with machines ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ok, I'm exhausted.

I'm trying to make a flint and tinder. I have no iron or steel and no way to the nether so no nether quartz.
    This leaves quartzite, certus quartz and jasper. After hours of searching I've found all three ores. The only problem is that
    they now only drop crushed ore and according to the changelog the only way to process these to the gems is with a sifter.
    On the last play-through that wasn't a problem and I found a few chipped jaspers eventually. But this time, I'm stuck.

Now, "There are NO Tech Loops EVER", so there is probably a simple solution that I haven't considered:

Firstly, is there another way to light the firebox?
    I've found a "match" item in NEI, is there a way to craft these yet?
    Is there another way to obtain gems without a sifter?
    Are there non-craft-grid (and hence non-NEI) steps that I've missed? A tool I can use on the crushed gem ore perhaps?

Any help? (I greatly prefer answers that don't rely on village or dungeon loot.)

---

Aside: I've absolutely loved the previous iterations of GregTech, and for the most part I can handle the
    "technically-not-a-tech-loop-because-theres-one-obscure-point-of-entry" progression. But honestly, that kind of situation
    often felt more like a symptom of the mod being a work-in-progress than a meaningful challenge. For me, GregTech was
    always at it's best when it made everything slower, harder and grindier, then gave the player the tools to develop smarter,
    faster, more efficient and more automated alternatives - "making things easier the hard way". Trying to guess the often
    undocumented and occasionally counter-intuitive loop entry points was never my idea of fun. I've been getting a growing
    sense with GT6 that this is actually an intended part of the game... But it is one thing to let a player try solutions to
    problems looking for one that might work and quite another to force players to try solutions that should work looking
    for the one that was actually implemented in code.

What direction is GT6 going in? Will these loop entry points be blurred out by more content? Or will they be played up
    as intended features and barriers to progression? For example, is lighting the firebox *supposed* to be hard, or is there
    an early game fire-lighter coming in a future update?

• there are too ways, find jasper small ores, these do have a chance at droping gems, or kill zombies for a rare iron ingot drop.or I guess a third, look for a dungeon/mineshaft and hope for an iron ingot in the loot chest.