[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Electric heater heats up the crucible to the 2100 K and keep it at that level.
    Mold (with using monkey wrench to Auto-input ON mode) and hopper below.I disable the hopper below the mold.
    Iron melts in crucible and on 1811K pulls out in the mold.

How disable auto-input to mold?

use the monkey wrench on the mold again to turn auto input off, not disabling the hopper. Turn auto input back on the mold after your iron turns to wrought iron.

• use the monkey wrench on the mold again to turn auto input off, not disabling the hopper. Turn auto input back on the mold after your iron turns to wrought iron.

Yes I understand the principle now. Thank you!

• How do you keep it at a certain heat?

I'm trying to keep it at 1400 for red alloy ingots. Having an issue trying to automate it as if I put a hopper with 4 redstone and 1 copper, the first set works, then from there it tries to keep making copper ingots even after I set it to auto after it makes the red alloy the first time.

• How do you keep it at a certain heat?

I'm trying to keep it at 1400 for red alloy ingots. Having an issue trying to automate it as if I put a hopper with 4 redstone and 1 copper, the first set works, then from there it tries to keep making bronze ingots even after I set it to auto after it makes the red alloy the first time.

Use the thermometer to give a redstone signal to the hopper.

• how does it make bronze from just copper and redstone D:

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I meant copper, I don't know why I typed bronze.

Even though I set the thermostat to emit a signal when it's over 1400 so that it stops heating up, the signal turns on and stays on, so it's not automatically keeping it in the 1400 range for the red alloy. Then when I get the temp to 1400, I can't seem to automate the input of the ores well enough to always have it make red alloy. I can do it all fine with manual input, but the goal was to automate the input and output of red alloy.

Edit: When I replaced the thermo it finally started working right with the redstone signal. Now it's just my issue of automating the input and output of the red alloy.

Edit2: I see now you use the monkey wrench on the side of the mold you want set to on. I was clicking any side and it wasn't working. Now it auto outputs to the mold right away. Wish it was more clear about all of these things, I feel like an idiot spending hours tinkering with it. Now to figure out how to get the input to work to always give me red alloy. If the hopper puts in too much redstone or copper, then it'll give me copper ingots and I don't want that. Also put in too much redstone so it's full, now I can't seem to output anything so I had to replace the crucible.

• So I had some meta tools that I noticed didn't have a material value in the advanced tooltips but I threw them into the crucible anyway. They just poofed. Why is this? With armor that has vanilla damage there is recoverable materials before the tool is used up so why aren't the meta tools like that? Maybe I don't want to use my copper file to completion and only getting a small amount of the copper back.

• Updated GT and fixed some Issues.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I have problem with GT. If i enter the world minecraft will crash.

[spoiler]Time: 22.02.16 16:39
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop

at gregapi.util.UT$NBT.setBoolean(UT.java:1530)
    at gregapi.GT_API.onModServerStarted2(GT_API.java:498)
    at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModServerStarted(Abstract_Mod.java:186)
    at gregapi.GT_API.onServerStarted(GT_API.java:190)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStarted(Loader.java:802)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:389)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
    Java Version: 1.8.0_73, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 190469600 bytes (181 MB) / 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
    JVM Flags: 11 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=ThisTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1024M -Xmn128M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -Xms256M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 12, tallocated: 96
    FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1614 84 mods loaded, 84 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

UCHIJAAAE gregapi_post{GT6-MC1710} [Greg-API-Post] (gregtech_1.7.10-6.01.04.jar)
    UCHIJAAAE gregtech{GT6-MC1710} [GregTech] (gregtech_1.7.10-6.01.04.jar)

• redownload GT, I fixed it yesterday quickly after bear reported it ;)

GregTech Website

• And you haven't been banned courtesy of me being nice and convincing Greg to not do it, since you are only 10 :P , do you even know english or not ? ( real question )

• So I am new to this forum, and I was wondering if anyone had made a guide for gregtech 5exp/6? I know GT6 is not done.

• Well there's the well known GT5 pdf but nothing on GT5Exp that I know of.

https://docs.google.com/docume…OM87Sh1OO2Fou6zM/editGT5U

GT5U is the same at GT5 plus fusion and the large heat exchanger, which if you can get there you should know how to figure it out. The trickiest part of GT5 is undoubtedly the turbine math since it requires knowing things not states (flow rate is rounded to the nearest mB/t and efficiency is a set percentage based on the rounded optimal flow, also always use a fluid regulator or at minimum pipes with pumps on each segment). The LHE math has similar quirks which I never fully understood. Expect to do math, use fluid regulators, then "tune" your LHE's input to find the exact right flow rate for the designed steam output.

GT5Exp... Idk. That has a dramatically different early and mid game but NEI should be able to get you through it.

GT6 doesn't have anything decent as far as I can tell. The in game crucible manual should be enough to get you started but I feel like as of right now learning requires experimentation. You can use burning boxes to make HU that gets turned into steam in a boiler, turned into kinetic energy with a steam engine, and turned into EU with a generator. EU can be converted back to HU in a heater, and KU in a motor. Tooltips guide everything. Idk if there's anything beyond that and ore processing (ie exotic energy generation or stupid awesome high end EU industry) atm.