[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Your sooner always turns out as "later"...

Well, but it is impossible for me to port GT4 onto 1.7.10, so adding stuff to GT6 "later" is still better, than "never" making a GT4 Port.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Now I wonder, what Stuff exactly do you want to have back?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The IC2 OD sacner doesn't work on GT6 ores.
    Would allowing it to be able to detect GT6 ores cause some problem in dfficulty of the mod?

I'm just asking because I am just too lazy to find diamond veins... :|

• Hi all,

I'm looking to step up to dense plates using GT6 compressors; how can this be done? The bronze compressor only seems to have only one KU/t input (so 2x 16 KU/t isn't possible?) and the lowest tier steam engine that can input 32 KU/t to operate the compressor requires dense plates in its recipe.

Am I missing something? Thanks :3

• The OD scanner cannot work on GT ores for technical reasons. There are so many ores in GregTech that they have to be tile entities (like chests) to hold all the data of which ore they are. In order to reduce world generation lag, the ores don't actually know what ore they are until they are exposed to air or receive a block update (IIRC, Greg correct me if I'm wrong). Adding OD scanner compat would probably cause lag when the scanner is used (might be very wrong about this )

• Hi all,

I'm looking to step up to dense plates using GT6 compressors; how can this be done? The bronze compressor only seems to have only one KU/t input (so 2x 16 KU/t isn't possible?) and the lowest tier steam engine that can input 32 KU/t to operate the compressor requires dense plates in its recipe.

Am I missing something? Thanks :3

I didn't switch in the steel steam engine and just noticed, that fixed it -- I should probably get more sleep :P

• Now I wonder, what Stuff exactly do you want to have back?

The collector of mater, lightning rot, matter generator, implosion compressor, and so on. The blocks are not in GregTech 5 and GregTech 6.

• The collector of mater, lightning rot, matter generator, implosion compressor, and so on. The blocks are not in GregTech 5 and GregTech 6.

The lightning rod has been requested for GT5u (albeit not implemented yet): https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/373
    The Implosion Compressor does exist in GT5.
    I don't find machines called Collector of Matter or Matter Generator listed in the GregTech 4 Wiki. Do you mean the Mass Fabricator and Replicator? Those exist in GT5. (though I don't find them listed for GT4, so maybe one used the IC2 versions of them when playing GT4)

• Hi Greg
    I have crash which mentions your code - specifically the GT_Proxy.onWorldTickEvent method. I'm not sure whether the crash is coming from your code or something else is throwing a null pointer further up but can you look into adding a null check to line 241 to prevent the error. The stack trace mentions issues with BetterFPS and AppleCore ASM but the crash persists even with those two mods removed. The stack trace is: http://pastebin.com/44hKGqpF and the OpenEye report for the crash is: http://openeye.openmods.info/c…026d9c66c7e2e725b601c3fc9. If you need a mod list or similar let me know but the OpenEye report should give you most of what you need. This crash seems to happen at random sometime between 20 seconds and 90 minutes into a session. If this crash isn't on your side let me know and I'll keep investigating.

• Hi Greg
    I have crash which mentions your code - specifically the GT_Proxy.onWorldTickEvent method. I'm not sure whether the crash is coming from your code or something else is throwing a null pointer further up but can you look into adding a null check to line 241 to prevent the error. The stack trace mentions issues with BetterFPS and AppleCore ASM but the crash persists even with those two mods removed. The stack trace is: http://pastebin.com/44hKGqpF and the OpenEye report for the crash is: http://openeye.openmods.info/c…026d9c66c7e2e725b601c3fc9. If you need a mod list or similar let me know but the OpenEye report should give you most of what you need. This crash seems to happen at random sometime between 20 seconds and 90 minutes into a session. If this crash isn't on your side let me know and I'll keep investigating.

Yep, coming from my Code. Should be fixed in the next Version. Even though I have no idea how it happens, I have just put a try/catch around the actually nullpointer proof block of code.

GregTech Website

• Yep, coming from my Code. Should be fixed in the next Version. Even though I have no idea how it happens, I have just put a try/catch around the actually nullpointer proof block of code.

Excellent. Chances are the issue could be from a mod interaction so blackholing the exception (or adding a null check) is probably the best way to deal with it. Will be good to not have that crash as it makes the game pretty annoying to play. Thanks for the quick response and fix notification. I'll check back in a few days to see if the new version is posted.

• Thanks for answers.

BTW i add couple of gamepedia recipes. raw axe,pickaxe,gears etc.

I will try book.

It would be great if you did; Retep998 is suppose to be documenting GregTech 6 but he is no longer active.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.