[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• It would be great if you did; Retep998 is suppose to be documenting GregTech 6 but he is no longer active.

Well, that's not strictly true. He's perfectly active but can't be bothered to do it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Has greg commented on his plans for 1.9? Last I recall he said he would skip 1.8, but 1.9 was still an option. A search didn't pick anything up for 1.9.

Also hey, I'm not dead :D

• Greg, is it intended that sandstone ores, (small and regular, generate in deep sandstone superflat worlds, i.e. "Redstone Ready", even with structures off? 8)

Ores arent Structures :P

There aren't much things I could change on that, so I just keep the ores in. If you wanna have a clean world use uhhm, I think chiseled sandstone doesn't generate anything. So just add metadata 1 to your sandstone worlds. ;)

Has greg commented on his plans for 1.9? Last I recall he said he would skip 1.8, but 1.9 was still an option. A search didn't pick anything up for 1.9.

Also hey, I'm not dead :D

"Plans" for 1.9 don't exist yet, I continue working on 1.7.10 GT until I see a reason to update to 1.9

While you are changing the material RGB colors , can you change bronze to be more bronze-y (not bright copper colored orange)

Done, now Bronze, Invar and Nickel almost look identical. :P

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• With iC2 switching to RF, maybe it is time for GregTech to become standalone.

Nothing would actually change for us as players though. GT still has it's own power API, so IC2 changing the power type it uses wouldn't really affect the players in any significant way. It could potentially require many internal changes, but I don't know if that's more work for greg than breaking away from IC2.

• Gearbox.. This is what i need.. Way to power better machines with lower tier motors.

Or is there other way how to link multiple motors to do more power?

That's not how gearboxes work, that's not how they work at all...
    You can't create more power with a gearbox, the only difference is that you can influence the ratio between RPM/NM (rotation speed and torque). The amount of power remains the same, but it would make for some very interesting (rotarycraft-like) concepts, like... trying to max out the RPM for a machine with gearboxes, while keeping the torque high enough to make the machine run in the first place, speeding up the process.

• That's not how gearboxes work, that's not how they work at all...
    You can't create more power with a gearbox, the only difference is that you can influence the ratio between RPM/NM (rotation speed and torque). The amount of power remains the same, but it would make for some very interesting (rotarycraft-like) concepts, like... trying to max out the RPM for a machine with gearboxes, while keeping the torque high enough to make the machine run in the first place, speeding up the process.

God damn. I know how gearboxes work. i even know P=wM. There is problem with my knowledge of english languange. I can not express exactly what I mean. I mean some kind of shaft box, that allow me use more motors.

:Generator: - motor :Miner: - Shaft(gearbox) :Tesla Coil: - machine

....:Generator:
    :Generator: :Miner: :Generator:
    ....:Tesla Coil:

• I have a fail load in FTB after last GT update. FTB says more informations are in ForgeModeLoader-client-0.log. But I did not found it. I found FTBLauncher Log.txt only. iI´ve tried to remove a GalacticGreg mod, but that didn´t fix that problem.

PS: thx Gorilla

• I have a fail load in FTB after last GT update. FTB says more informations are in ForgeModeLoader-client-0.log. But I did not found it. I found FTBLauncher Log.txt only. iI´ve tried to remove a GalacticGreg mod, but that didn´t fix that problem.

try serach for "fml-client-latest.log"

Edit1: Svatá matko boží. Tolik módů? Vždyť to byla otázka času, kdy se to začne srát. Jinak Optifine + fastcraf nejdou dohromady(teda co si já pamatuji, kdy player začal psát fastcraft) raději zvol Otifine. Dále co by stálo za zkoušku je poslední verze forge, ikdyž to není ověřený build (1614) místo 1236

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gorilla ().

• God damn. I know how gearboxes work. i even know P=wM. There is problem with my knowledge of english languange. I can not express exactly what I mean. I mean some kind of shaft box, that allow me use more motors.

Oh, no insult intended. I have heard people saying some really weird stuff about shaft power (someone seriously suggesting to put dynamo's on the driving axles of an electric car to "save power". So I guess my estimation of how much people know about it is just off. If you had said "torque" instead of "power" it would have all been correct :)

• So, uh, I'm crazy, but could some integration for something like better charcoal creation be added? (Based on a test earlier today, with some pine, charcoal is produced at about 8/9ths of the total volume of input wood.) It could be wood specific but since we're kinda assuming that we have a cubic meter of wood on our hands with a log, after all 2 planks seems to be about that much wood refined and turned into planks....

Anyway, going on this assumption, we can kinda get something like 8 pieces of charcoal and 100 mb creosote. The creosote can (Potentially) be burned in the gas state to heat something else, or condensed or pressurized to liquify it (Up to you on that one) so it can be used for anything wood tar creosote could be used for.

Also, I don't know anything about bituminous coal because I don't have any. I'll tell you about coal tar (And maybe lignite tar) creosote and coal cokes whenever I get any of them.

As far as equipment goes, a heating box and a bronze coke oven could be used. Coke ovens are actually quite different from IE and RC styles by the way, rotarycraft is much closer to the reality with its blast furnace coke making thing.

(If you ever need something tested IRL as far as material properties goes I'm your man, just send me something.)