[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• are you sure you used the right sticks for that? I think those Hammers require a bit more sturdy ones.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I have OWN modpack (in spolier at prev page) and want quest like this, but can't find them (only find old version for 1.6.4), and now all ok with hammers. I have stone hammer and can do all what I want =)
    its a lot of changes between current version and 1.6.4 version, but I like new ore and crafting system, it is more interesting

The post was edited 1 time, last by Denai ().

• ya there are tons of changes, you do realize there are 2 GTs for 1.7.10 right? and this version is still in alpha and very incomplete. hell we aint even got an ore washer yet!(sorry greg I had to ;) ) If your making a pack you may want to check out bloodyasp's GT5 where he has added in a lot of things greg didn't get to before switching to GT6.

and just incase here is a shameless plug for my channel to get info on either GT ;)

• At some point, when I have time, I might make a quest line for GT6.
    For new players, who are not completely up-to-date I think it's extremely confusing to get started with GT at this point and some clear quests with clear goals would fix that.

• Wanted to see what GT in 1.9 would feel like so I downloaded techreborn and opened a 1.9 instance.

...I've found that I don't like tech reborn. I mean the premise is a good idea, but without the nerfs it doesn't really feel like GT.

• Wanted to see what GT in 1.9 would feel like so I downloaded techreborn and opened a 1.9 instance.

...I've found that I don't like tech reborn. I mean the premise is a good idea, but without the nerfs it doesn't really feel like GT.

That is because the nerfs were there to enforce some simple Rules and not to make the Game harder. Without those Rules you just have Thermal Expansion all over again.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• That is because the nerfs were there to enforce some simple Rules and not to make the Game harder. Without those Rules you just have Thermal Expansion all over again.

That's exactly why I pretty much quit the game almost immediately. I guess 1.9 can wait for a bit ;)

• So I've accumulated quite a lot of uraninite dust and I'm trying to process it. According to NEI, it needs a centrifuge and 48 EU/t to turn it into uranium dust.

I've got a steel centrifuge powered by an MV motor powered directly by an MFE, but when I put the uraninite in it, it eats the first one and then does absolutely nothing. There's nothing stuck in the outputs and I've confirmed that the centrifuge works with other things, such as impure dusts.

Any ideas?

• Steel Centrifuge? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the Tier 2 Centrifuge? I bet that Recipe just overclocked itself due to you using the 64-256 Tier instead of the 16-64 Tier for that. People need to learn how to read Tooltips...

GregTech Website

• Steel Centrifuge? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the Tier 2 Centrifuge? I bet that Recipe just overclocked itself due to you using the 64-256 Tier instead of the 16-64 Tier for that. People need to learn how to read Tooltips...

That's what I thought at first, so I tried putting the uraninite in a bronze centrifuge. But since the recipe needs 48 RU/t, which the LV electric motor I had powering the centrifuge cannot provide, I moved the centrifuge to the same MV motor I've been using for the steel centrifuge. That started making that horrible sound a machine makes when it's receiving too much power. And so I (erroneously) concluded that this is not the way to go and that I need at least the steel centrifuge, since there's no way to get 48 RU/t into the bronze.

But after reading your comment I've tried powering a bronze centrifuge with an MV motor powered by a CESU, which works and makes perfect sense, since the 128 EU/t from the CESU gets turned into 64 RU/t, which the bronze centrifuge can handle and is enough for the uraninite recipe.