[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• you mean like Applied Energistics 2 has?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• There's also Blood Magic's teleposers, which can teleport up to a 9x9x9 volume of blocks (if not more; I don't remember offhand) instantly to a matching teleposer, even across dimensions. They work on entities, too, but transporting them across dimensions has been iffy in the past.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.

• Greg, I think it may be reasonable to add dense plate blocks, which would be really blast resistant and take 81 units of material, and machine frames, which would be a machine block made from rods or long rods instead of plates and could be used for machines where transparency may be useful.

• Greg, I think it may be reasonable to add dense plate blocks, which would be really blast resistant and take 81 units of material, and machine frames, which would be a machine block made from rods or long rods instead of plates and could be used for machines where transparency may be useful.

Why Dense Plate Blocks? Are Dense Machine Casings not Blastproof enough?

And Frames will somewhen be readded.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Dear Greg,

I just updated my GT6 and noticed graphite can't be transformed anymore in carbon dust in the crucible but only as CO2 gaz from a roasting "truc".
    Is that just a NEI bug or is it really cancelled ?

Ciao

• [CHANGED] using Silk Touch on Small Ores increases the percentage of "good" Gems being dropped. And if you somehow can combine Fortune and Silk Touch they would stack together on this effect btw.

Muhahaha. Great idea!

• Hi Greg! I'm WindFall, a normal minecraft user(since 2011, with the VERY old 1.8.1) that read the Q/A, with a very bad english. Please excuse me :c
    I'm playing gregtech 6 from some months (since about Christmas) but not in the true experience of the gregtech, becouse I wasn't in adventure and i'm using simple tools made by stone and wood with the classics recipes.
    I decided to start the TRUE experience of the gregtech (my friends says I'm masochist) in adventure, with only the flint axe. But I think I'm blocked in a loop.
    Quoted from your Q/A:
    I cannot make WOODEN TOOLS without using FILE AND HAMMER but need MATERIALS THAT ARE NOT WOOD(the only resource harvestable with my flint axe) in order to make FILE AND HAMMER in the first place!!!
    I think I'm stupid, becouse all people did it without asking help ("There are NO Tech Loops EVER. How do you think other people play with this Mod?"), but I really can't find a solution alone. Obviously, I'm trying to make the tools without using the classic minecraft recipe. NEI hasn't helped me.

Please if I did something wrong don't ban me ç.ç I like so much your mod, you made a simple funny game into a "realistic" challenge, making this game the best on the world (for me). :thumbsup:

• yup, wooden tools should be properly craftable the vanilla way, same for stone tools. This might be a Bug. I gonna check that.

Also from Q/A wrote:

Q: I cannot make X without using Y but need X in order to make Y in the first place!!!
    A1: If you play GT6 there might be Tech Loop Problems. you may report those. If you play an earlier Version thne see answer below.

Just checked, Wooden and Stone Tools are still craftable without Hammers or Files.

GregTech Website

The post was edited 1 time, last by GregoriusT ().

• for adventure mode I would give shovel and axe(flint) then wooden and stone tools wouldn't be necessary.

I think it would be even more realistic to remove some wooden tools altogether, because they not realistic at all. Except for a wooden hoe and shovel, I don't think the other vanilla tools really make sense. Some modpacks actually disable them (I remember that being the case on Regrowth for example) and force players to use stone/flint/etc. to make their tools.
    Might be a nice bit of realism, since wooden axes and picks would just be too soft for the job irl, except for maybe mining something like talc/hardened clay.

• Just checked, Wooden and Stone Tools are still craftable without Hammers or Files.

Yeah, I know. The craftings are not bugged, I never found a bug in this mod. But I wanted to try to play without using the classic crafting recipe, only using GT recipe. I think I will try like MauveCloud, or just crafting wooden tools with the classic recipe.
    Anyway thanks all for the help :D

• A wooden Plank is worth 1 Unit, a Stick is worth a half. 1 Plank + 2 Sticks = 2 Units.

And the Recipe that makes 4 Sticks requires TWO Planks, so it is 2/4 what in turn results in 1/2 per stick.

GregTech Website

[ADDED] Crystallisation Crucible, which creates Silicon Boules and similar.

Who's ready to spend hours upon hours waiting for their silicon crystals so they can make circuits? :D

• Note that the current Recipe (tiny silicon and redstone alloy plates will be replaced with tiny crystal plates) will be the cheapest way to create circuits, but not the only way. I will add some way to handcraft them later.

GregTech Website

• Greg, should the wooden buckets be able to store/move the mushroom fluid?

and in a peek into the source I saw you categorizing whether a dimension is really a dimension or a separate world, and wanted to add some:
    -- Extra Utilities' "Deep Dark" is probably a "dimension"
    -- Witchery has a "dream world" dimension, but it is technically an exploit to be able to transport any item to/from other than with Witchery's sleeping brew.