[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• next Thursday rather than this one is better, class deadlines/packing and movin back home and all.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• next Thursday rather than this one is better, class deadlines/packing and movin back home and all.

what the hell are you talking about? I don't understand what you are trying to say. And no I won't let others talk me into different release dates, especially not if it would violate the Rules! Inform yourself about GT before you ask me to release anything LATER THAN USUAL. People will hate you for that, if you would be the reason a release date got skipped.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• [ADDED] Bronze and Brass Dust Recipes for the Mixer. Note that it is more inefficient than using the Crucible. Also Brass and Bronze are both Furnace-able now.

What about Bismuth and Black Bronzes? - for both mixer and smelting.

You tried to make me do Black Bronze didn't ya. Gold and Silver are not Furnace Smeltable!

Bismuth Bronze makes sense however.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• if you have the auto-pour mode enabled, then this >>>additional<<< Redstone Mode will only auto-pour when it has a Redstone Signal. Both Modes have to be active for this to have effect.

GregTech Website

• Hm, some small bug reports..

When I'm cutting IC2 rubber trees with a GT (obsidian) axe it slows down like its trying to fell the whole tree, but it only ends up breaking a single log.

Filling a wooden bucket with milk and then right-clicking on any block makes the bucket just disappear.

Tools turning to scrap doesn't seem to be that synced up in SMP. The scrap either doesn't show up until you close the crafting inventory screen, or you get phantom scrap.
    I just crushed 4 ore with a stone hammer in my inventory. When it broke no scrap was left in the grid, but as I soon as I closed the inventory window I ended up dropping 12 pieces
    of previously unseen stone scrap.
    I used up another hammer in a workbench. 11 scrap was left in the grid, but closing the window to let the scrap drop shows the stack was only really 5 scrap.

The crucible NEI handler once also ended up showing both pyrite dust and full pyrite blocks as smelting to a single iron chunk. Alltho re-checking the recipes I can not get that bug to reproduce, so I dunno if it was just some fluke..

These are all with GT6.02.01/Forge 1614 on SMP. I haven't tried to reproduce them with a minimal mod setup so if anyone can confirm any of these bugs I'd appreciate it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by nanitozo: spelling ().

• I am trying to update a mod pack and there appears to be a change somewhere in here that causes a crash. 6.01.05 works fine, but when i try to get to the newer versions (starting with 6.01.06) there is an error. The error on Minecraft Window at crash is:

Mod Sorting Cycle was detected and loading cannot continue.
    The first Mod in the Cycle is Dummy Container (After) @875286188
    The remainder of the cycle involves these mods

Dummy Container (After) @875286188 : before : [], After : []
    Dummy Container (AfterAll) @1233620534 : before : [], After : []
    BuildCraftSilicon, BuildCraftFactory, BuildCraftEnergy, BuildCraftCore, BuildCraft (goes off screen at this point)
    FMLMod:ForgeMicroBlock[1.1.0.309] : Before : [], After : [ForgeMultiPart, *]

Client Log 0 has more information, which i can provide if need be.

• Update ForgeMicroBlock. Just like Changelogs and Q/A are stating

GregTech Website

• Dont tell me you dont even know the Mods in your Modpack. If you use a Modpack then ask its Devs to fix it for you.

ForgeMicroBlocks is a Mod, damnit...

GregTech Website

• i do, but the location of some things aren't familiar to me anymore. It's been a few years since i played Minecraft and pretty much starting from scratch learning it with all the changes that have happened since.

Already had an instance of Forge Microblock, so had to find where it was (it created a separate folder in my Mods folder and buried itself in there). Got that updated and all appears to be working now :-) and thank you for the help. That solved the problem.

• Modding's certainly nicer from the end user point of view now you don't have to do jar inserting.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• what i love most about it is that i no longer have to go into configs and change Item ID conflicts... Last time i did this a few years ago it took me almost a month of that alone.