[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Skid you can normally use Electrum in circuts as a replacement for redstone, the result is more circuts as well.

*Smacks my head against the desk* You are quite right, I thought Electrum was replacing something else.

:) Skid :)
    "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

• Hello, I'm trying to make automatic factory with logistic pipes (LP). I just found one little bug with industrial electrolyzer - I'm trying to have in it enough empty cells using supplier LP but cells are running in my pipes here and back to store again - it looks like ind. electrolyzer doesn't say to this pipe that it has enough cells (or better said it has some amount of cells). Supplier pipe tries to supply it only few times and if cells are returning to store it stop supplying my electrolyzer :(

I'm using the same system with grinder (watter cells instead of empty ones) and it works really fine ;)

Hope this will be helpful ;)

• Hi Greg, there is a thing about ind. electrolyzer: I was using it then run out of energy. I disconnected the cable till I refilled my energy supply (full MFE), then I connected the cable back. electrolyzer ate entire MFE, while I had consistent "insufficient energy line" thing. Please check that

• How far away was the electrolyzer from your MFE?
    What type of cable are yo u using between it?
    Are there other machines on the same line?

Edit: I am going to assume gold cable at a range of anything more than 2 blocks, if the power supplied is anything less than the required 128EU/t (Even 0.5EU/t less) once the machines internal buffer is worn out it will stall.
    Try upgrading to Glass fiber cable, make sure nothing else on the same line is drawing power, or add a batbox to the same line (In parallel) it will supply any power droop your system may be having.

• Hmm, grab an EU reader and check the cables and the machines, see what they are getting in. That tool is underrated at finding issues in a line.

• Hmm, perhaps greg needs to add a little condition to not start a new process till at least 500 or so EU are stored in the internal buffer

I cant replicate the problem is all, do you know if your tps are at 100%?

• Tried to recreate at SSP, didnt work out
    I think it is something with chunk loading in SMP maybe

I guess there is one good thing to do - making a priority - for filling the internal buffer first, and only THEN trying to complete the operation

• It should only need 2 ticks worth of power before it starts processing, that should fix the issue i think and should still make systems that dont have the power required by even a small amount fail.

• Official Post

yes, transformer and full batbox

And you are SURE the Batbox doesnt eat too much EU? I know the Electrolyzer works properly as in my Legit World I have a Chemical Reactor, a Centrifuge and an Electrolyzer running on the same Line with some other Machines (MFE+LVT), and I never got that Message, even when all 3 were running at once. IN ADDITION I have to say, that the LV-Transformer on the Golden Cable can happen to make a Packet run 2 times through the same Gold Cable, what creates an effective 127EU/t with your MFE.

• And you are SURE the Batbox doesnt eat too much EU? I know the Electrolyzer works properly as in my Legit World I have a Chemical Reactor, a Centrifuge and an Electrolyzer running on the same Line with some other Machines (MFE+LVT), and I never got that Message, even when all 3 were running at once. IN ADDITION I have to say, that the LV-Transformer on the Golden Cable can happen to make a Packet run 2 times through the same Gold Cable, what creates an effective 127EU/t with your MFE.

Sure 100%, I wasn't using machines at that time. This happens when you run out of energy (get the insufficient power message) than try to dump power into it again. And it doesnt happen always (dont't know why)
    I already had this thing in SMP a long time ago.

By the way, there is another thing - if internal buffer is empty and you have operation in progress - then when you try to dump full 128 EU\t into electrolyzer, it tries to BOTH fill the buffer AND continue the operation. I think, that it should do 1 thing at a time, like filling the buffer and then continuing.
    It is easily seen when you connect it to power, machine eats 128 eu\t while it current operation takes maybe 50 eu\t only

• Found a possible exploit:
    Using Thermal expansin rich slag you can duplicate Platinum by smelting Pt dusts inside an induction smelter and re-macerating
    Since rich slag is pretty easy to obtain (20% chance to get one while smelting iron/copper/tin ore and etc.), i'd like to suggest remove the corresponding smelting recipe.

Just a suggestion:
    Add distillation tower (multiblock structure) to process various liquids.
    For example buildcraft oil can be processed into different kinds of fuels and something like a polymer, which can be a replacement for rubber and probably carborn plates
    The wiki could be helpful:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_refinery

• Is anyone else having lots of chunk updates and graphical lag in overworld?

Ever since updating to Minecraft 1.46, and even without any mods there's ~50 chunk updates.

In overworld I'm currently at 40-60fps 60 chunk updates but If I go to the end it's 300 fps 0 chunk updates.

1.45 didn't have this issue although it's kind of similar to the centrifuge animations issue (and those I have set off from the start).

ps. Optifine had 0 impact even when changing ALL settings to crap. (view distance seemed to have negative impact)

On actual gregtech matters:
    How about some device that needs those Dragon healing end towers to be intact, would make killing dragon more interesting since you had to avoid destroying them. (Haven't actually checked how much/fast they heal the dragon so I don't know if this is even possible)

• Official Post

When you dont want Factorization, and want Barrels, dont complain about it. I think Greg wont copy a popular Mods Feature, which is not even Technical.

So because I would like a way to know what is inside my chest when I have many of them instead of being tacky and throwing signs up, I am a bad person? Maybe I prefer the feature of such a large storage to be expensive, instead of another mods design. That is still my choice to ask when it really is just better design for the mod that I like.

• Greg, a suggestion:
    A Sprayer, which will make stone and dirt.
    A tool which will be charged with its own pellets or liquids maybe which would work in the same way as vanilla IC sprayer, but making dirt and stone sprays, when hardened.
    Useful for filling THESE DAMN CREEPER HOLES and filling up tunnels\fast building making
    Please.

• Using Thermal expansin rich slag you can duplicate Platinum by smelting Pt dusts inside an induction smelter and re-macerating
    Since rich slag is pretty easy to obtain (20% chance to get one while smelting iron/copper/tin ore and etc.), i'd like to suggest remove the corresponding smelting recipe.

Already known. But I support the Idea.

Just a suggestion:
    Add distillation tower (multiblock structure) to process various liquids.
    For example buildcraft oil can be processed into different kinds of fuels and something like a polymer, which can be a replacement for rubber and probably carborn plates

Already suggested. At least by me ^^.

So because I would like a way to know what is inside my chest when I have many of them instead of being tacky and throwing signs up, I am a bad person? Maybe I prefer the feature of such a large storage to be expensive, instead of another mods design. That is still my choice to ask when it really is just better design for the mod that I like.

Yep, I agree with you, plus I would like not to use Factorization for this features because that's even more ore gen.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• imer

Approved the thread.