[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Using the latest gregtech (figured it was time to get back into it). I'm stuck at getting rubber. The old method of smelting it is gone and you have to have an extruder to get rubber (as far as I can tell). Is there a method that will be added for early game? If so, do you know what it will be and I'll just trade materials (throw away base to get the proper rubber) to simulate the work required.

To get rubber, put sticky resin in a squeezer and pipe the resultant Latex into (a/several) coagulator(s). Then combine the resultant rubber chips in a crucible or extruder to get rubber sheets.

I am finding the new version 6 to be quite difficult to get started in, hardest one so far. The crucible process is quite confusing to work through and very tempermental (gone through quite a few crucibles so far lol). I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's really meant to be this touchy early game.

The first goal of GT6 is to get one or more thermometers, however they take steel, so before then you just have to calculate/guess.
    The Google sheet Gregtech_crucible_Shared can help calculate the amount of fuel required for a batch.

• To get rubber, put sticky resin in a squeezer and pipe the resultant Latex into (a/several) coagulator(s). Then combine the resultant rubber chips in a crucible or extruder to get rubber sheets.

The first goal of GT6 is to get one or more thermometers, however they take steel, so before then you just have to calculate/guess.
    The Google sheet Gregtech_crucible_Shared can help calculate the amount of fuel required for a batch.

K, went back and took a look. I see the squeezer, not too bad. Need to make a boiler then a steam engine to run the machine. The next problem is the coagulator. From what I can tell you have to make stainless steel to make that. So what I'm seeing here, is there is quite a while where you are using the crucible without thermometer or hazmat suit. Is that correct?

• So what I'm seeing here, is there is quite a while where you are using the crucible without thermometer or hazmat suit. Is that correct?

The correct thermometer (looks like a white panel) only requires:

• 4 fine red alloy wire == 2 copper + 8 redstone
    • 1 double steel plate == 2 steel
    • 1 redstone
    • 3 glass
    • and some tools. (wirecutters, hammer, bending cylinder)

and a hazmat suit is unnecessary as there are pincers which can be "Used to grab things without touching them".

• like just ingots? please show me that as screenshot. I kinda cant believe that I added such a recipe. But I will check it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• like just ingots? please show me that as screenshot. I kinda cant believe that I added such a recipe. But I will check it.

It's a some mod recipe. But i remember, you were blocking all of that recipes in the past.

UPD: It's a Forestry recipe.

• Forestry adds a recipe like that (though it might not be the only mod that does), but GregTech previously blocked (or at least nerfed) that recipe.

Yeah, exactly what i mean. That recipe was nerfed in the past to make only one ingot. But now it's working for full 4 ingots.

• The actual bronze ratio changed quite a while ago when Greg finally relented and used Forestry's ratio.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Bug: GT6 certus quartz is incompatible with AE2.

Please give me more info. There are A TON OF THINGS that could have gone wrong, knowing how badly AE handles OreDict. Not to mention that I don't even know if you mean the Ore, the charged Certus or the regular Certus.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Please give me more info. There are A TON OF THINGS that could have gone wrong, knowing how badly AE handles OreDict. Not to mention that I don't even know if you mean the Ore, the charged Certus or the regular Certus.

Sift sand quartz-like ores => get dusts and gems (certus quartz, charged certus quartz; dusts and gems) => no crafting recipes for anything AE2 related. If that works for you, I'm interested in your AE2 version :)

• both, rv3-latest and rv2-latest-stable are working fine for me.

GregTech Website

• AE2 version rv2-stable-10. I just cheated in gregtech version of charged certus quartz crystal and 4 iron ingots. Then I tried to craft meteorite compass (plus sign recipe) and failed...

• please test more recipes, because I am 100% sure that maybe only the charged certus is affected, what is perfectly understandable since AE doesnt use OreDict on that item. (what is already fixed in the upcoming version)

GregTech Website

• After spending way too much time farting around with things. I found that early game you are better off NOT smashing your magnetite down to impure dust. You get more iron with just crushing the blocks.

7 magnetite to 3 dark ash == 3 iron bars
    21 magnetite to 11 dark ask == 11 iron bars

More iron / block. The other side benefit is you also get 21 units of stone (I turn these into pick heads) that can be used to make throw away tools to help resources go just a little bit farther.

Am I correct on this? If I'm right is this intended or a mistake?

• I tried appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6. The same problem: GT6 charged certus quartz cannot be used to craft meteorite compass. It seems to be registered only as 'gemChargedCertusQuartz'. I don't see problems with normal GT6 certus quartz. I guess, a workaround will be as before: certus quartz => charged certus quartz in electrolyzer, because AE2 charged certus quartz is registered only as 'craftingQuartz' and 'itemCertusQuartz'.

• I tried appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6. The same problem: GT6 charged certus quartz cannot be used to craft meteorite compass. It seems to be registered only as 'gemChargedCertusQuartz'. I don't see problems with normal GT6 certus quartz. I guess, a workaround will be as before: certus quartz => charged certus quartz in electrolyzer, because AE2 charged certus quartz is registered only as 'craftingQuartz' and 'itemCertusQuartz'.

Or you can use minetweaker to replace the AE2 recipes with proper oredicted versions.

Or alternatively submit a PR to AE2 to use the oredict in those recipes.