[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• well, that is unexpected. I will set them to 5 then.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• 1 Peat (forestry) in invar burning box, heating steel oven, is enough to smelt 124 items. Wow! That's more than lava bucket in vanilla furnace and much faster.

25 ticks per smelt at 16 HU/t means 400 HU per smelt. A piece of fuel gives 5000 HU per smelt in the invar burning box, which means you can smelt 12.5 times as much stuff using a burning box + steel oven compared to a vanilla furnace.

• Updated GT, nothing groundbreaking aside from the new Worldgen I added though. Worldgen is always a tough one to code.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I get a crash at server side. Last lines:

Code
    1. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.block.Block.func_149741_i(I)I
    2. at gregapi.render.BlockTextureCopied.<init>(BlockTextureCopied.java:61) ~[BlockTextureCopied.class:?]
    3. at bloodasp.GalacticGreg.GalacticGreg.onPreLoad(GalacticGreg.java:50) ~[GalacticGreg.class:?]

What should I do? (I can edit GalacticGreg, but my understanding of it is limited)

• Oh, WorldGen change :) Can we expect another major changes in worldgen soon? I am about to generate new map for new server, so if you plan to add some more dungeons or so, if it is worth to wait week or two :)

• I will continue to work on the Stronghold this week, but lootwise it should be finished already, maybe I will add End Portals to it though. Unless its disallowed to discover new Areas, you should be fine.

GregTech Website

• End portals are kinda nice idea. It can substitute my way "everybody has to craft and build his own portal from advanced GT stuff", but that depends on limits (if there will be some) of amount of portals on map (3 are definetly not enough)....so, please include info if your stronghold will be limited somehow (like vanilla ones are), or if they will generate infinitely if given enough space :P

Will they be a part of worldgen in means of it will generate in same way as ores are (so it will be technically ore vein, but with such a low chance) , or they are independent of them?

I ask this all because I somehow missed [ADDED] Dungeons , only found already [CHANGED], so I miss info :)

• End portals are kinda nice idea. It can substitute my way "everybody has to craft and build his own portal from advanced GT stuff", but that depends on limits (if there will be some) of amount of portals on map (3 are definetly not enough)....so, please include info if your stronghold will be limited somehow (like vanilla ones are), or if they will generate infinitely if given enough space :P

Will they be a part of worldgen in means of it will generate in same way as ores are (so it will be technically ore vein, but with such a low chance) , or they are independent of them?

I ask this all because I somehow missed [ADDED] Dungeons , only found already [CHANGED], so I miss info :)

I asked him on IRC and this is what he said

[13:55] <@GregoriusTechneticies> its simple
    [13:55] <@GregoriusTechneticies> if you teleport anywhere you have a 10% chance to have one within the laoded chunks
    [13:56] <@GregoriusTechneticies> and it requires just a block of bedrock at Y 0

So it seems there'll be infinitely many.

• Hello Greg, I'm working on a little redesign of your materialicon textures and I'm using a lot of transparent colours on the overlay textures. It all renders properly on items in the inventory but it doesn't work on blocks in the inventory, blocks in the world or items/blocks held in the hand. Could you please make it work?

• Hello Greg, I'm working on a little redesign of your materialicon textures and I'm using a lot of transparent colours on the overlay textures. It all renders properly on items in the inventory but it doesn't work on blocks in the inventory, blocks in the world or items/blocks held in the hand. Could you please make it work?

sorry but minecraft just fucks up at rendering and I wasnt able to fix this bug at all. I cant really help you with that :/

GregTech Website

• sorry but minecraft just fucks up at rendering and I wasnt able to fix this bug at all. I cant really help you with that :/

Hmm, that's a shame.
    Now that I think of it this guy was able to get it working, maybe you could switch to a similar way of rendering?

• In 6.03.02 the ceramic crucible mass is reported incorrectly as 5569.422kg

This is probably caused by the change that makes clay balls contain 1 unit of clay?

Anyway the ceramic crucible still has the original mass slightly under 1400kg.

Can this be fixed? The crucible likes to be naughty when the calculations are off, and wrong info leads to wrong results.

• What makes you so sure that the reports are incorrect? oh wait, found the issue.

GregTech Website

• I was making a fancy spreadsheet for crucible smelting to avoid accidents (although I admit just removing the burning box with a wrench is a much simpler approach, UNLESS you're doing wrought iron or tin alloy which are a bit hard to tell by colour)

So at some point I noticed the crucible mass value in my spreadsheet from an earlier mod version wasn't correct anymore. So I assumed the new value was correct, which resulted in melting my crucible while trying to smelt tin alloy for a thermometer :P

• Is the way plow takes damage during use intended? Right now the plow seems a bit expensive to use compared to the shovel.

Shovel takes 5 damage for each tile of snow or 10 damage for each block of snow removed

Plow takes 10 damage for the first and 110 damage for each additional snow removed on a single use (removing 9 tiles costs 10 + 8*110 = 890). Removing snow blocks with the plow costs 20 (first) and 120 durability (each additional block). On top of that, it costs approx. 6 times more resources to make for the same durability, and you can only use it on snow.

In typical use (removing 6 snow tiles at a time) the plow is about 6x faster than shovel but it costs over 18x more resources to clear the same amount of snow with a plow, compared to a shovel. So you need to make 3x more plows for clearing the same amount of snow as a single shovel.

• Fixed the Plow thing, and the Crucible tooltip will be correct again.

GregTech Website

• Greg

The "Electric Wires" creative tab doesn't have an icon.

And the advanced crafting table is a bit strange. I can't (obviously) make a dispenser from a damaged bow,
    but if I use a pristine bow in the crafting grid while keeping damaged ones in the table's inventory it will happily use the
    damaged bows first when crafting.