[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Bath again. How to filter it's fluid outputs? I want to put hydrogen to one tank and green vitriol to another tank. I tried to play with fluid filters, without success.

• Hi, I am running latest version of GregTech (6.03.15) along with a lot of other mods. Whenever I try to load the game I get the message "The mods and versions listed below could not be found gregtech : [MC1710,MC1710]".

• That doesn't look like GregTech 6... That's an old version of GregTech 5

Sorry, my bad, was doing testing to see if older versions worked (I realize GT5 and GT6 are completely different). Must have forgotten to load again with latest version. Thanks for the reply. Here are the correct files (at least they should be).

• nah, not a bug, tiny pipes are supposedly made via extruder ;)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• That slow thing..? Why not laser welding small spring with a sheet of metal into a tiny fluid pipe? I guess there would be neither loss nor gain of material. I like my laser welder :P

• Because its a general formula that applies to ALL stuff in the Extruder. I would lose consistence if I made stuff cheaper for a certain group of Recipes.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• There is more

Electrolyzing 39 bauxite dust to get 1 titanium and 16 aluminium costs... 6.23 millions EU. Titanium, I understand.
    Centrifuging 16 basalt dusts costs 1M EU. Too expensive as carbon source (compared for example to charcoal), the most expensive output of this "reaction" is olivine, because of 0.2 units of iron.

I noticed that recipes with small amounts of dust are generally cheaper than recipes with many dusts. Energy per tick equals 16 GU/t * source dusts count. Bauxite example: 624 GU/t = 16 GU/t * 39. I don't yet know how duration is calculated, but I suspect that recipe's cost is proportional to dusts count squared. Maybe dependent on involved materials. Are these recipes intended, or just temporary?

• They are all generated automatically, centrifuge based on Mass, electrolyzer based on proton count.

GregTech Website

• Ticks count in electrolyzer is proportional to protons count in recipe? I don't remember what exactly bauxite electrolyzes to, so I assume that it's 1 titanium, 16 aluminium, x oxygen and y water or hydrogen. y = 39 - 1 - 16 - x. Is ticks count proportional to 1 * 22 + 16 * 13 + x * 8 + y * (1 or 3.3333) ? If yes, then recipe's total energy cost is dusts count squared and multiplied by average protons count per dust and then multiplied by some constant. Probably to simulate that complexity is expensive to break (electrolyze). How good is my guess? :)

• Yes good guess, I dont even remember the exact formula I used, but the more complex something is the more expensive it gets.

GregTech Website

• Is there a reason why we don't have recipes for drill and chainsaw ?( ? We have all the components, circuits, motors, batteries and batboxes or am I missing something? 8|

• Good catch, thanks, now I know what I can quickly re-add, because I have played too much Terraria for 4 days XD

GregTech Website

• BTW Greg, you know Fluorine is a gas, right? It outputs from stuff, IE Biotite, as a solid powder. c.c

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Big thank you for the pump covers!

The EU-free operation is welcome too, less for the EU cost and more for the compactness (I suppose BC-style wire-on-pipe would be fine too, but probably an unreasonable amount of
    work having the wires join consistently, considering the different pipe/wire sizes - and it would probably only discourage their use anyway)

Will the electric tools have substantial battery power of their own, or will they rely on IC2 lap-packs for extended use?

• Big thank you for the pump covers!

The EU-free operation is welcome too, less for the EU cost and more for the compactness (I suppose BC-style wire-on-pipe would be fine too, but probably an unreasonable amount of
    work having the wires join consistently, considering the different pipe/wire sizes - and it would probably only discourage their use anyway)

Will the electric tools have substantial battery power of their own, or will they rely on IC2 lap-packs for extended use?

Well, I think I did buff those Tools a while ago (while they were still unavailable), also they can make use of all the GT Batteries, so you have to decide yourself which to use. Yes, the crappy Batteries are available for usage.

GregTech Website