[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Any order that ends up in either nickel or chrome coming last. It will always use the Recipe that comsumes the most of the content, meaning ratios could also matter (if there was a Recipe wiht different ratios but same inputs).

Also lol Hummus XD

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• ohey neato!

You can totally drink water from cauldrons and restore hydration for Enviromine. :3

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• you do know that water blocks dont drain if you drink from flowing water directly, as long as you dont hit the source? Or are you in a dirty water Area?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I know, I just found the cauldron thing neato. I have clean drinking water now. :3

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Greg, i have PFAA:Geologica installed and got a small problem:
    Stone hammer recipe requires ardite/granite to craft, but then you smelt granite cobblestone it gives you granite stone which you can't use for hammer.
    Is this intended or i'm missing something?
    btw what mod people usу for better ore gen nowadays?

• Greg, sorry if you said before, but I assume you plan to move the Co-60 and other isotopes to an enrichment machine so it's similar to RL? IRL most isotopes either are extracted from spent nuclear fuel in reactors, or enriched using for example Americium (in the case of uranium-238 to uranium-235) or using a neutron gun of some sort.

Also, to Tutkis: Tons of mods lag bad when thaumometers. I think it's a Thaumcraft problem on their end.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Greg, sorry if you said before, but I assume you plan to move the Co-60 and other isotopes to an enrichment machine so it's similar to RL? IRL most isotopes either are extracted from spent nuclear fuel in reactors, or enriched using for example Americium (in the case of uranium-238 to uranium-235) or using a neutron gun of some sort.

Yeah, right now its the Centrifuge doing the Job, and only on processed Ores. I just wanted to get rid of the Isotope Byproducts.

Also, to Tutkis: Tons of mods lag bad when thaumometers. I think it's a Thaumcraft problem on their end.

Exactly, the Thaumometer has the Issue of constantly checking what aspects an Item should have, while processing, instead of just checking for the Aspects of an Item once.

GregTech Website

• In NEI i see two equal End and Nether ores with different blast resistance for some materials, such as naquadah. How can i understand which is real world-generating ore?

And what is cooperite in first layer of platinum group ore? Is this sheldonite?

• I have a idea, some sort of pipe with certain cable for transporting item/liquid and energy in one blok. Available only for small, normal and large pipes and lv,mv,hv and maybe EV. Recipe is R=ruber, C=cabel, P=pipe

R C R
    C P C
    R C R

With this we can power the pump cover. No need to use any microblocks there.

• Uh guys, Cooperite and Sheldonite are both real ores...

Also:
    GRAAAAAG! I almost blew up my entire base because of sudden crashes caused by, I believe, Enviromine. (If you want a look let me know but I am 93.7% sure it's not a GT issue at all).

I almost didn't make it back online after the reboot before it went off like a Sony battery!

When are we gonna get some pressure relief valves?

IRL there's 3 major kinds. Blowout valves are for catastrophic failure. They blow the cap off and vent all pressure out explosively. You do NOT wanna be around when that happens.. but it keeps the building from exploding.
    The second are automatic. They work like a sink in a way. There is a cut hole and a ball-bearing that matches the hole size, held down by a spring. If the pressure gets high enough to push the ball bearing up the spring it opens access to the hole and vents steam gradually until it drops. Ideally the pressure raises slower than this valve vents.
    Last is just a manual throw-valve that re-routes the steam someplace to equalize or vent. We really need AT LEAST this. Plus it'll be hilarious to watch Bear make the hard decision between hitting the switch and getting his face melted off or letting his boilers explode.
    No system IRL would ever use steam (or any pressurized gas for that matter) without SOME form of protection.

EDIT: Super tiny typo: "Nether Nether Quartz Ore"

Welcome to nethernetherland.

Quoted from "zorn":

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• Making biomass in the fermenter takes more energy with water than without: looks like a bug.

You are lacking Forestry aren't you? Well I gonna add the "juice" myself too then, I guess.

GregTech Website

• pressure valves are a great idea, in GT5 the boilers automatically vented if they filled with steam so you could go mining or adventuring. In GT6 your constantly worried about them blowing up while your gone so you either mine/adventure or stay at base and process.