[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Vanadiumsteel can't be made in GT6. Whyfor? it is an important steel!

Also lava buckets don't burn you.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• license? well the textures are mine, thats all. You can use them on the wiki ofcourse.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey greg, when will there be a way to convert KU to RU? Or produce RU directly? IRL rotational energy came well before any other, via windmills, water mills, and animal or people driven querns.

As for how to turn kinetic energy to rotational, just watch a train. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACUPIyUhlXc

As of right now, there's no real way to progress with GT without relying entirely on another mod, which kinda defeats the purpose of GT.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• What if crystallization crucible could be used for making gems from gem dusts?

One of the reasons I wanted Greg to add the crystallization crucible is because it can be used to create most crystals, including sapphires for example. But instead Greg only added the silicon (and that other red thing) boules, and not boules for anything else. So basically, the only reason you can't use the crystallization crucible to make boules of other gems is because Greg is a lazy bum.

• Because that lazy bum focussed on Mod compatibility and other Stuff, and is easy to distract.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Iodine Salt. Seems like this is Salt+Iodine (NaCl+I), bcoz can be used for Salty water. But ingame this is just Iodine+Clorine. Substanсe which cant be got in nature. Is this right?

• Iodine Salt. Seems like this is Salt+Iodine (NaCl+I), bcoz can be used for Salty water. But ingame this is just Iodine+Clorine. Substanсe which cant be got in nature. Is this right?

Probably should be renamed to Iodine Monochloride to accurately reflect the formula.

• Probably should be renamed to Iodine Monochloride to accurately reflect the formula.

I don't know how to translate it bcoz i don't know is this formula right. There is no mineral with that formula in nature. And Iodine Monochloride can't be used for salty water bcoz it reacts with water with acids producing.

• Anyone else having memory leaks on servers in .18? We updated GT6 and nothing else, and now it's chewing through over 6 GB of RAM in only 20 hours or so then heapspacing out. On 2 different modpacks containing GT6. The two GT5U packs are fine.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Axle, could you do some profiling and stuff? I am very sure that this didnt just happen due to updating GT from .17 to .18, because I only added/removed a few Recipes and added the Charging Crafting Table.

GT is usually the wrong mod to accuse of a memory leak, if it happens from one version to the next.

GregTech Website

• It went from .16 to .18

And i'm looking in to the issue, hence why i'm asking if anyone else is having issues. On my end it looks like it's GT6 but it's anyone's guess until further testing.
    I reverted the server back to .16 and the problem went away, while the other server is on .18 still and continues leaking.

So, that's why GT6 is under the microscope

My next test will be a 'pure' GT6 world and slowly adding mods to try and recreate the issue. Only a few mods are shared between the two GT6 servers so it shouldn't take more than two days.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Followup:

Seems it may be Immersive Engineering but still testing. It didn't seem to occur by itself. tho I only gave it an hour or so.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Hello. I try setting server. I've installed gregtech. When i launch server, i get error. "Failed to add recipe. Ignoring
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[1xtile.stone@0] -> [1xtile.stonebrick@0]]" I found that the way to fix it is download Nei. I've done it. But trouble hasnt disappeared. Any suggestion how to resolve the problem?

MC: 1.7.10
    IC2: 2-2.2.825-experimental
    Gregtech: 6.03.18

Server logs Error time: [13:50:36]

• Wait, no.. we don't have IE on the GT6 server, so that doesn't make sense.

I got nothin'. No idea why .18 makes a memory leak but .16 works fine. I'm guessing it's some kind of mod interaction issue but I am having trouble pinning it down.

Quoted from "zorn":

• When you search for such a thing...any idea for good monitoring thingie, that can detect such leaks? I have CPU to 100+% spikes on server (for like 30s each few minutes, even with empty server and no machines) and OPIS shows nothing. (version of GT is .16, so it is not same issue whatsoever)
    I was looking for something that could do that but did not found anything really useful. Any tips?