[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• found something that seems broken:

Hydrogen shows under Burnable Fuels for Liquid-Burning-Boxes but the Liquid-Boxes don't accept it.

It seems you didn't read the changelog in order to understand the purpose of the LIQUID burning boxes: they only burn LIQUIDS not GASES to generate HU.

• It seems you didn't read the changelog in order to understand the purpose of the LIQUID burning boxes: they only burn LIQUIDS not GASES to generate HU.

ok, thought it would be something like that. But I still asked the question because hydrogen gets shown as a burnable fuel in NEI and in the left corner (or was it the right......) you see the Liquid-Burning-Boxes.

• Nope. There's some in-game documentation, though. Retep is suppose to document it but he really hasn't :/

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• The FTB wiki has placeholder information where pages are quite empty or simple not there, but the list of items and block shouldn't be that outdated. That's because the editors like GregTech rather than FTB asking (as they provide essentially no input to what we're doing).

FTB itself doesn't really play about with GregTech much anymore purely because it's not what the masses want, and it's the masses downloading packs that gets them money.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Anyone knows how to make stainless steel? I tried correct ratio of metals reached 1950K (stainless melting point 1943K), and it still came out as individual metals.

• So I'm trying to learn more about gregtech 6, but the wiki seems to be mostly placeholders. Is there a better one somewhere?

This link is where I found out about basic info on how to get started.
    Take note that the hazmat is useless for picking hot stuff now, only radioactive dust you'll encounter way later now that Cobalt-60 is not obtainable as cooper side dust (yay).
    EDIT: Forget about that, hazmat works if you don't forget to wear your boots (silly me !)
    So pincers (I use lead for them) are you friends. And remember you can shut down you burning box with any solid block in front of it (no air => fire dies).

Best advice I could give you is to experiment in creative (especially with steam stuff) and read the tooltips as thoroughly as possible. And F3+H is your friend, too.

Anyone knows how to make stainless steel? I tried correct ratio of metals reached 1950K (stainless melting point 1943K), and it still came out as individual metals.

Following the link I gave, first Invar, then stainless steel. That's how I made my coagulator.

Looked at EU drums and 17 units of iron for a single drum, man that's rough. Limonite to the rescue !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flaoua ().

• If you can document all of GregTech 6 for Retep's lazy butt, I'll give you a free $20 steam giftcard :3

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• hazmat suits most definitely still still negate heat damage, I use one all the time, pincers are a great tool early on, or rather than a hazmat suit. you do need the full hazmat suit, rubber boots and scuba mask included, not just the chest and pants.

• It didn't even cross my mind but I did indeed use my suit without the boots (they were gone). Will try again with brand new rubber boots !
    Though it's a little weird game mechanic when you think about it.

EDIT: Yup full suit's fine

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flaoua ().

• Might feel a little odd but the Hazmat Suit was designed to protect against environmental hazards, and as such is only fully effective when the wearer is completely encased in it. (E.g. you're in a radioactive room, if you don't have radiation-proof boots on your feet are still getting nuked.) For cases like this where you're just touching hot things... Minecraft doesn't even have a Hands slot so in a way the Hazmat Suit shouldn't even protect your hands anyway (welp)

Code-wise though, the Hazmat Suit is basically defined as 'if all of your armor is hazmat suit, you are immune to environmental damage'; each piece on its own then behaves as regular armor.

Tongs are good though. Use tongs.

• Is there a way to obtain Plastic? What I found through NEI is that the only way is from plastic fiber/twig/wart/blossom/berry. But how can I obtain these? Or is there another way to create Plastic?

• Might feel a little odd but the Hazmat Suit was designed to protect against environmental hazards, and as such is only fully effective when the wearer is completely encased in it. (E.g. you're in a radioactive room, if you don't have radiation-proof boots on your feet are still getting nuked.) For cases like this where you're just touching hot things... Minecraft doesn't even have a Hands slot so in a way the Hazmat Suit shouldn't even protect your hands anyway (welp)

Code-wise though, the Hazmat Suit is basically defined as 'if all of your armor is hazmat suit, you are immune to environmental damage'; each piece on its own then behaves as regular armor.

Tongs are good though. Use tongs.

Yes it makes sense, especially since we put on armor piece by piece instead of the full suit all at once.
    A possible solution would be to adress pieces as pieces until all of a suit has been put on but since even tongs (XD) could work, I fail to see how it would be designed.

Regarding the wiki (or at least some form of documentation), I thought a little about it (being a consumer of it myself) and, like the "Getting started" page, it would be a good idea to state some milestones to look forward to.
    - Ceramic crucible is a first step to melt every metal that will be used for a long time, which is by the way disturbing since having this one and the vanadium one renders almost every other crucible useless, at least before having to melt stuff beyond 2500K.
    - Rubber bars are vital for basic IC2 machines (and the sweet sweet furnaces), so the rubber route includes the coagulator (stainless steel !), squeezer and boiler/bb (with appropriate setup)
    - Diamond crystalline plates are the crusher dependency, so buzzsaw (and thus, steam turbine) and macerator (for diamond dust). By the way diamond dust requiring a macerator (at least to make a buzzsaw) is the only IC2 requirement I've seen for a GT material yet. Have I overlooked something ?
    - A sneaky one is the rubber sheet, since it requires an extruder and tungstate plate if I recall correctly, but you need it to make rubber rings which are used in a lot of electric machines.

My current next step are centrifuge and electrolyser.
    So I might have related questions about them, but for now I'm farming iron to make (expensive) drums to handle fluids.

I had some trouble gathering ores (especially limonite) even though I cave mined a lot around my base, but since I saw the clever trick of digging across 4 chunks in one Bear's videos, it's much better now :)