[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Well, but wasting tons of redstone is not a really good way to go. You did good by making the machine. The redstone recipe is here for the first times, then you use cheaper machine way :3

However improving wiki is really useful work :)

• Well at least for the first dynamo it's needed, but it would have spared me a trip with IC2 machines/generators.

Now I've learned my lesson and removed all IC2 machines to avoid the temptation of not doing it "the GT way": If you think there is not a way to do what you want with a gregtech recipe, you're doing it wrong.

I may update the wiki just because it leads you to the IC2 path with rubber production and that's just wrong: there is way better stuff to do in the steam age that harvesting resources for a squeezer/coagulator so early in the game.

• I tried to squeeze fruit juice from some vegetables. Recipe says that it takes 16 GU/t for 10 ticks. It needs KU, so I used steel steam engine. It works, but squeezing single vegetable takes much more than 10 ticks. Progress quickly changes from start to almost end and then waits for something. ~40 ticks total (measured by just my internal clock). I don't know what to do to make steam engine more efficient, so some explanation or tips would help.

• All Engines have an ON and an OFF Phase, that means you need to time the Engines precisely to get the most out of it. The squeezer does still receive Energy during the OFF phase (but into the opposite direction). The timing needed is at least one ON and one OFF phase per process and the process is done once the off phase starts (if the progress reached 100% during that). This means your engine would need a frequency of 5 ticks ON and 5 ticks OFF in an Ideal case, to make a 10 tick Recipe work properly.

Also I finally fixed the Plunger thing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The more Steam a Steam Engine has the faster the Frequency. Electric Engines have a Screwdriver Functionality for that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, can you please add Creative Tab for all your Food? It has no tab atm (if I looked carefully enough), so filtering via NEI subsets is not kinda working, too. Or use the basic food tab? It would be really aprecciated, thanks.

EDIT: also BUGREPORT:
    When you mine stuf that takes less than 100 80 (?) durability per block, you can manage the pickaxe with less than 100 80 durability. When mining with such a tool, you can hear the "crack" sound of destroying the tool every time, even if durability goes for example from 75 to 50. So when you mine something that takes like 20 durability, your tool will crack 3 times before it really gets destroyed. (at least observed on flint pickaxes, multiple times)

• Greetings everyone.

First of all I must say that I loved Gregtech the moment I understood it, I am new to this forum posting but I have been reading it for quite sometime now.

Thank you for Gregtech, it brings me fun to play it from time to time and scratch my head while browsing NEI for the suitable approach to things Gregtech offers.

I have one question.

Right now I am playing Gregtech 6 on a very small modpack "Simply Gregtech 6" and I already updated Gregtech to the latest version "6.03.23"

I made a titanium burning box, titanium steam boiler and titanium steam engine. The problem is, The engine gives energy out through the front while the squeezer takes energy through the top.

Am I missing some functionality or an Item? because I tried even putting the squeezer right in front of the engine and it still does not work.

Thank you in advance :)

• And if at some point your squeezer start whining, it's because your boiler will have calcified, so just remove it with the wrench (continuous left-click on it) and put it back again.
    Just stating that because it's not clear when it happens :3

By the way you'll need a titanium wrench for titanium stuff because it's a higher tier than, let's say bronze.
    But that part is in the tooltips, of course

• And if at some point your squeezer start whining, it's because your boiler will have calcified, so just remove it with the wrench (continuous left-click on it) and put it back again.

De-calcification is so easy?. I melt them in crucible and craft them again for sure.

• De-calcification is so easy?. I melt them in crucible and craft them again for sure.

I think so.
    I just had the case yesterday with my titanium boiler: I removed it with my wrench, put it again right away, waited for it to fill with my water drum and relighted the burning box => my whining crusher was working fine again. So I guess that's sufficient.

Well it's not 100% free because you use your titanium wrench, but maybe it's not costly enough.
    What about cleaning it with a scrubbing tool ? I wouldn't mind that once in a while.

After all I still sift some stuff manually XD

• What about cleaning it with a scrubbing tool ? I wouldn't mind that once in a while.

6.03.24: (Not released yet) wrote:

[ADDED] You can now use a Chisel to decalcify a Boiler.

• Guess when that addition got inspired XD

GregTech Website