[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I've recently wanted to start playing gregtech again, but have run into a huge issue that makes the game unplayable. I noticed it first after adding in gregtech--just forge, NEI, and IC2 do not cause the issue. Basically the game runs at 0-1 fps. This is happening both within the level as well as in the main menu. I've put all graphics setting down to minimum and with just forge, NEI and IC2 the game runs around 90fps.

I've played gregtech before back at version 5.08.18 and everything ran smoothly.

I've tried running my previous set of mods, but that doesn't seem to help either.

The issue seems to be related to root.tick.textures

Paused, the game still give good framerate (77fps)

System Specs:
    Intel i5 2nd gen
    Intel HD 3000 Graphics
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Java 8 u25 64bit

This is all on an hours old clean os install to boot. Any help would be appreciated.
    Error is in latest.txt

Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by MCGuy64 ().

• bear989, thank you for a tip with sifting table and hopper below it. Here is something back: solid burning box and hoppers. That also works (tried input from side and output from bottom).

• Allocate MORE RAM, seriously, 1GB is BY FAR not enough for modded Minecraft.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I think I will just continue only posting the link to the Patreon Post here. It's much easier and less time wasty https://www.patreon.com/posts/control-update-6939591

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• sifting table and hopper below it

That's a very good idea, now that I've mastered the timing for retrieving the sifted mineral (lol)

(tried input from side and output from
    bottom).

Outputting ashes I get it, but what about inputing fuel ?
    Does it take all the available inventory as fuel ? Or is there a limit to the burning box internal inventory ?

• Hm, all the various Ore tabs in creative are empty.
    Any plans of adding them?

Edit:
    no wait.. I completely forgot about the config setting. Ignore that..

• This feels like a really stupid question, but I've been searching both online and in-game for days and haven't found an answer. Is there any way to get water into Gregtech 6 pipe systems without using parts from other mods, or something relatively complex and advanced like feeding buckets through a canning machine or snow into a smelter?

At the moment my sluice runs entirely on distilled water byproduct from my steam turbine, which is horribly inefficient...

• New boiler-chiselling mechanic seems more constrained than described. I tried chiselling out one of my two boilers with the dial solidly in (though most of the way to the top of) the white region, and was boiled alive. Breaking the adjacent near-identical boiler with a wrench had no ill effects.

• Just use other mods for outputting water into pipes. I, for example, use Railcraft and EnderIO tanks. Railcraft tanks - when I need big storage, EnderIO tanks (single block, capacity = 16 buckets) - for special situations and for small boiler -> turbine/engine -> tank -> boiler loops. Railcraft tanks output through bottom (valve?), EnderIO tanks do whatever you want. When Greg adds beryllium multiblock tanks, I will use those.

• New boiler-chiselling mechanic seems more constrained than described. I tried chiselling out one of my two boilers with the dial solidly in (though most of the way to the top of) the white region, and was boiled alive. Breaking the adjacent near-identical boiler with a wrench had no ill effects.

Yeah I had the same experience last night: the boiler has been decalcified but at the cost of my dear life, although pressure was at mid-white section.
    I don't know about temperature (is it possible to put a thermometer sensor on a boiler ? Would it make sense to ?) though so maybe I was boiled alive because of that.

Using the magnifying glass to check for calcification is brilliant, though. Now I can almost compute how many steam comes out of my boiler.

Regarding pumps I also wondered why the electric pump is shown as "can be used as cover" since it does seem to only be usable as cover, doesn't it ?
    Well for the moment I got my wooden bucket and I think I'm faster than a ULV pump anyway XD

• Greg, your Sense does not work as expected with Pam's Harvestcraft crops on right-click :)
    Those can be breaked and then Sense breaks 3*3, but they can also be right-clicked to just harvest them that the crop stays in first stage. They work kinda like IC2 Crops, but without cropsticks. However, when right-clicked with Sense, only one clicked gets harvested, same as if I did not used the Sense. Also it does not eat durability :P. Can you please look at it and if possible, add same behaviour to those crops? Thanks!
    If not easy or wanted, we can live with that, but you know, we want to do things properly with your mod :)

• Just use other mods for outputting water into pipes. I, for example, use Railcraft and EnderIO tanks. Railcraft tanks - when I need big storage, EnderIO tanks (single block, capacity = 16 buckets) - for special situations and for small boiler -> turbine/engine -> tank -> boiler loops. Railcraft tanks output through bottom (valve?), EnderIO tanks do whatever you want. When Greg adds beryllium multiblock tanks, I will use those.

Presumably I could do that, but is it the only way? I've been trying to play things GregTech purist.

• Yeah I had the same experience last night: the boiler has been decalcified but at the cost of my dear life, although pressure was at mid-white section.
    I don't know about temperature (is it possible to put a thermometer sensor on a boiler ? Would it make sense to ?) though so maybe I was boiled alive because of that.

Re-reading the changelog, maybe you need full Hazmat to safely clean a boiler that isn't entirely cooled down? (If so, I wonder why it's okay to dismantle them.)

Regarding pumps I also wondered why the electric pump is shown as "can be used as cover" since it does seem to only be usable as cover, doesn't it ?
    Well for the moment I got my wooden bucket and I think I'm faster than a ULV pump anyway XD

I think pumps are also used to make some machines, so there's that.

I made a ULV pump as well, but if there's a way to use that to make a GregTech only water intake I have yet to discover it.

• Hey, ppl, searched forums and wiki for a while, still can`t find "mining and processing" page for GT6, only a couple broken links. Is there such page?

• Hey, ppl, searched forums and wiki for a while, still can`t find "mining and processing" page for GT6, only a couple broken links. Is there such page?

There's one for GT5 that should mostly apply at least: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.