[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Went ahead and did as you suggested and allocated 4GB of RAM for minecraft, but it had no impact.

wow, I have no idea how that happens. does anyone else know what the issue might be? Sure increasing RAM did help but this might have a second issue I am not aware of. You do use Java 8, right? Its always recommended to have latest non-beta java.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Try turning down/off the mipmap, lots of textures and high mipmapping forces a lot on the CPU.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Do I see right Win10? For sure check graphic drivers, that beta-version of windows tend to install what he thinks is actual one, even though it REALLY does not. Then with some shitty default driver you are doomed. Also you need to disable that thing, that system likes to switch it right back when he wants.

• Hm. The foils say you can chisel them to change the design.
    But unlike plates/curved plates nothing happens when I try that..

woops, fixed that. The Tooltip ignored the amount of selectable Textures, so if just one Texture was available then well, there is actually nothing to select on Foils right now.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Got it to finally work.

I found my prior .minecraft folder from the last time I had played minecraft from about 6 months ago. I started comparing what files had changed and was absent in the new clean install. Turns out a single text file was the culprit. It is not generated automatically, and without it the game is unplayable. It's nothing more than an options file in the root of the .minecraft directory.

If someone could take a look at it and identify why the absence of it makes the game unplayable?

• So, I went in and started changing video settings around to see if one of them was the culprit, and it turns out its the mipmap setting.

Without gregtech installed, having mipmap on does not impact performance.

With gregtech, any mipmap makes the game unplayable for me.

• Mipmapping is a big problem with 1.10 as people can apparently no longer run with it as high as they're used to, but this is the first case I've seen affecting someone in 1.7.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I only run into issues after adding in Gregtech. Mipmap has no impact on performance with just ic2 and nei installed. I go from 60fps to 1 after adding in Gregtech. Turning off mipmap brings the performance back up to 60fps.

• It's definitely dependent on the number of textures being mipmapped, as GT has loads (just like 1.10 has loads from all the different models) it would cause more strain than your average mod.

I see this too much.

• @McGuy
    You need to put every version , every modpack profile, into its own directory. DO NOT mix like 1.7.10 and 1.10.2 MC in same .minecraft directory. Never. Then strange things start to happen because versions do change the stuff. Always go to profile options and select Custom Directory. For example .minecraft/myprofiles/<profilename>
    Then your options.txt will be separate for each version and won't collide. Also same situation for assets, libraries etc. If you mix more versions, then it even normally don't run, or run borked.

btw if you just delete options.txt, it should recreate. At least if you use (better) standalone exe launher and not installer.

• Ok so could it be possible to either:
    - Prevent ceramic molds from getting into the crucible when they are removed. Lost 3 of them that way already, including the "oops I failed again, better scrap this" gear mold...
    - Shred ceramic scrap to tiny dust to make some paste (like clay dust turns back to clay in bath with water) so that we can make molds again ?
    It would be a good idea to be able to recycle failed ceramic molds anyway, wouldn't it ?

And since I'm on the shredding whishlist, could it be possible to shred IC2 machines ?
    For lost souls like me that would like to make amends and go back to the GT way, recycle these machines to retrieve all the iron is a big plus.

(and I have some drums to make :3)

Made a buttload of bread by shredding wheat and mixing with water. I'm really in love with this mod.

• The only version of minecraft that I have used is 1.7.10.

I removed my previous .minecraft folder and let it re-create everything during install.

Also, I have tried multiple graphics drivers going back several years, and every one has the same issue.

• If it is solved by not using Mipmapping then maybe the amount of Textures I have is the reason for your Problem, and I cannot solve that Issue, since that would mean removing Textures.

And there is likely no other way to solve that one on your side than just not using mipmapping.

GregTech Website

• Oh and I added "disable mipmapping" to the Q/A now

GregTech Website

• ... I'm now realizing that the grammar on that page needs some work; and not just the way xbony2's grammar "needs some work"

• I've already rewritten half of it [and I'm hitting save at that point because it's 2am] because I was annoyed. Not trying to change any content really, just redoing the wording. Feel free to actually improve it on your own time.